Anyone struggling running the game on mid or even high end PC ?

+
3080 and 5900x here and struggling to hit 60fps at 1440p lowest settings.

It's acting like it's cpu limited but that clearly isn't the case.

I've done all the troubleshooting steps with no prevail...

Last edited:
My friend has gtx 1080, i7 and 32gb of ram and he is struggling to keep the frame rate at 60.
While me with my mid end PC Ryzen 5, gtx 1660 Ti (6gb) and 16 gb of ram can't play the game especially on city area. Even on low-mid settings its running like craps. Somewhat playable in indoor areas but as soon as i went outside in the beginning of the game where we meet jackie eating it was not what i expected.

I ran RDR2 constant 60fps on high-ultra settings but atleast i expected to run the game on low-end but even that is not enough to keep the fps on 60.
Should i apply for a refund or it is fixable through patches and should i wait for it ?

Attaching my handsome character staring at another beautiful person.

Sadly the GTX1080 is already an old card for this game. The even RTX 2060 is faster, the game was made to run with newer cards. Obviously you can run the game, but dont expect to run at 60 ultra settings. What you could do is try to tweak your nvidia settings in nvidia panel and maybe try to overclock the card.

A good thing is to follow performance guides too.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone has brought this up but all my problems were solved by turning my overclock on evga precision x1 back to default clock speeds. Something weird going on with cyberpunk and boosted GPUs

Running the game on my gaming laptop which is i7-9750H, RTX 2080 (not M edition), 32GB. Playing @ 1080p, all max options except screen space reflections quality at ultra, DLSS auto, ray-tracing disabled. film grain, chromatic aberration, motion blur disabled. vsync enabled @ 75.

Most indoors I get 75 consistently. But once out in the city, the frames average between 40 to 65. A little disappointed in the performance but it's still playable.

I remember playing The Witcher 3 on my pc with a GTX 1080, it was smooth like butter. Wonder what the heck happened with Cyberpunk 2077?

These are my specs:
I9 9900k chilled
2080 super overclocked and chilled
64gb 3200mhz memory
nvme ssd

Just bought this pc top of the line last Christmas, literally it is not even completely paid off yet and you guys are making games that push it upwards of 100% usage.

This is absolutely unacceptable and this game was clearly not tested out of house other then the weekend of review content after the game was already finished, whom those reviewers are probably running 3090's etc as well.

My girlfriend bought this game for me for Christmas as money has been pretty tight, now she has to listen to me cursing and swearing at my pc every 10 minutes because the game crashes. At least if I had bought it myself I wouldn't feel so bad calling it a piece of shit.

Honestly the graphics at lower settings to make up for the performance are nothing better then GTA games on the last gen consoles which were released 10+ years ago. This game could never have lived up to the hype but this is far from that, it is not even respectable.

Last edited:
A. finally managed to log in, erm, THAT LOOKS LIKE GARY OLDMAN FOR SOME REASON :D

anyway, hmm now you make me worried. 32G, R72700 , 1070gtx, nvme. (although I put it on a spinner). Honestly, I suspect a potential issue with spinning disks. Really try and put it on a ssd at the very least. Although these things are normally load times, and prefething on areas rather than the rendering, it just seems to affect a game's smoothness , due to what disk vars the game is using as default. I am sure we will get quite a few updates at start to fix things. We been waiting 8 years, it's a massive game, it's day 1. Chill, it will come ,)

EDIT: with THAT said, IF it's not playable with a 1080 yikes, nor my 1070 and the 1660s are recommended, and 1080s are so above min even, then, ye, I will quite possibly ask for a refund too. And if it's not playable, get the refund. And weep, or wait till there are definite fixes out.
I have a 3600 and a 1070 and med/high I get 40-60 fps. I pushed it to high with some ultra struggle and stay 35-45. I just do not think it is a cpu or gpu bottleneck but something else. Just the sheer amount of stuff on screen.

Well, I know my graphics card isn't up to doing the higher settings, since I'm just not bothered about that stuff .... So, I customized from the low ones! Increased FOV & put a few things to medium & it runs fine! :smart:

When running the game in ultra (everything maxed) on my rig (Ryzen 2600 X / GTX 3070 (latest drivers) / 16 GB of RAM / game of SSD NVMe), I get around 30-50 FPS.

However the GPU usage is around 70 %, the CPU around 60 % with max at 80 %, the RAM à 10 GB, the GPU memory at 7,5 GB of VRAM allocated. So no component is limiting the FPS and yet the game doen't use all the power available...

Any idea on the limiting factor in there? Thanks

I am not having any fatal issues that some other people are having, but I am having horrendous framerate drops whilst turning the camera whilst driving. It will drop from around 55fps to low 20s then settle back in the low 50s when the camera is stationary. Inside buildings it's usually at 60fps, which is locked to that by vsync, without vsync it can go into the 80s. This happens almost regardless of settings, with the exception of ultra settings with Raytracing on max which is a slideshow. DLSS makes literally 0 difference in framerate. If I put settings on max and Raytracing shadows on medium I can get a stable 30fps if I tie vsync to 30fps, but even then if I turn the camera too fast it will tank the framerate.

This is on a computer with 24gb RAM, a Ryzen 5 3400G, RTX 2060 6gb oc and a samsung 860 evo. Curiously the cpu will not go above 50% utilisation so I suspect that is causing the issues in my case. I have read on other posts and forums that the ryzen series seems to be having utilisation issues with this game too.

I am enjoying the game outside of the performance and bug issues (which haven't been too problematic for me) but I don't really want to play this game in 30fps no matter how good the graphics are and the unstable framerate at 60fps is a little annoying, and I consider myself lucky to have the game in this state.

Top Bottom