Anyone struggling running the game on mid or even high end PC ?

+
after me installing graphic update i been running everything on high no problem granted i have a 1070. i assume the 20's and 30's not optimized

Heya, I'm on, what I think, can be considered a Low-End PC these days.

I'm on a 1080 TI with an i7 7700K; 32gb ram on SSD.
Using the latest 460.79 driver + Patched - 1440p resolution.

In the starting city area I see 45-55 frames MAX, be it on LOW, Medium or High - almost NO difference between low and high, haha

The more I move around the city, the lower the FPS gets. I haven't even tried driving yet.

Disappointed is an understatement. Wish I had waited TBH.

For me, it's unplayable, even on LOW. I think it's my CPU that sucks or something.

I'll get to enjoy it in a year or two once I set up a new rig, maybe, but I think that those recommended specs might have been a bit misleading.

Last edited:
My friend has gtx 1080, i7 and 32gb of ram and he is struggling to keep the frame rate at 60.
While me with my mid end PC Ryzen 5, gtx 1660 Ti (6gb) and 16 gb of ram can't play the game especially on city area. Even on low-mid settings its running like craps. Somewhat playable in indoor areas but as soon as i went outside in the beginning of the game where we meet jackie eating it was not what i expected.

I ran RDR2 constant 60fps on high-ultra settings but atleast i expected to run the game on low-end but even that is not enough to keep the fps on 60.
Should i apply for a refund or it is fixable through patches and should i wait for it ?

Attaching my handsome character staring at another beautiful person.
I getting 40~50fps with a SSD, 1070ti, 7700K, 32gb ram.
Post automatically merged:

Heya, I'm on, what I think can be considered a Low-End PC these days.

I'm on a 1080 TI with an i7 7700K; 32gb ram on SSD.
Using the latest 460.79 driver + Patched - 1440p resolution.

In the starting city area I see 45-55 frames MAX, be it on LOW, Medium or High - almost NO difference between low and high, haha

The more I move around the city, the lower the FPS gets. I haven't even tried driving yet.

Disappointed is an understatement. Wish I had waited TBH.

For me, it's unplayable, even on LOW. I think it's my CPU that sucks or something.

I'll get to enjoy it in a year or two once I set up a new rig, maybe, but I think that those recommended specs might have been a bit misleading.
I don't think it's a low-end. I have a very close specs you have and I can play everything +60fps
Higher specs than ours are also getting poor perfomance.

Oh yes, anything else I play (eg: Doom Eternal) I mostly see 80-120+ on ultra/high average settings. What I mean is, I feel it just turned low-end with this next-gen era that just started.

We'll see. Not sure if I should refund it, or wait a bit. I do feel mislead by those system requirements. I did expect at least 60 FPS on LOW FFS, hehehe

3070 here with an older i5-4670k processor and plenty of RAM running off a 860 SSD.

Have played through the nomad prologue on 4K RT Medium at mostly 40-50 fps, but now I'm struggling to stay above 30 fps when roaming the city.

Will try to disable RT when I get back on tonight and see if it helps. I really hope I can avoid dropping the resolution, but we shall see. I might have to flip between 1440p with RT and 4K without RT to see what looks best.

High at 1080p with a Ryzen 7 3700x and a RX 5700xt. 32GB ram. Game installed on NVME M.2 SSD. Windows 10 64 bit. GOG version. Everything is nice and smooth.

Last edited:
Wow...
GTX 1080 Ti, i9 9900K , 32 gb Ram settings on HIGH, I have the FPS capped at 59 and it never has gone below 59. I have played 4 hours so far and other than a few floating items and a few T poses, it's great.

I should run on high with my rig (according to recommended specs). I play on low 1080p with only high textures. 60 FPS, in city 40-50.
My rig: Asus ROG GTX 1070 OC 8G, Intel i5 8600K, 16GB RAM. Patch installed, driver too.

Conclusion = really, really, really bad optimalization. OR misleading recommended specs..... I'm rly dissapointed and pissed too. Sorry, I had to said that..

EDIT: Playing on WIn 10 x64, preordered on GOG.

2nd EDIT: I attached DxDiag file. Maybe it will help.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    99.5 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Posted in the other larger thread but I'm getting 30-38fps and drops to mid 20's. Running windows 10 latest update.

32gb ram, 1080ti and 8700k playing at 3440x1440p. Turned off motion blur and film grain. Using recommended default game settings which the game picks Ultra.

I tried switching to High but not much of a difference. I'm seeing 27% cpu usage and 90-98% gpu usage.

Hoping for a tech review with an optimized settings video soon.

Hello, all! Also include what operating system and platform you're running on: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 etc. and whether you're using Steam, GOG, Epic, etc.

One thing I'm noticing, although it's not confirmed, is that people on GOG seem to be having a lot more crashing than people on Steam.

I had to turn Ray Tracing off to get 60fps outside, but I got everything else cranked up. 2070Super.

I get 20fps on 11520x2160 with everything maxed out, including RTX, with DLSS set to Quality. That seems about right, but that's pushing everything as hard as it goes. It's all the UI issues at that resolution that are causing me problems, so I haven't really gotten outside of the starting offices for Corpo, so maybe performance will drop more then

Last edited:
I was getting about 45 FPS on an i7-4790K and a 980 ti. Everything ultra at 1440p. Was hoping that dropping to 1080p would get me close to 60 FPS...but changing the resolution seems to make the game crash almost constantly.

I have the same CPU and let me tell you... it's the CPU my friend!

I have 4790K O/C to 4.6Ghz / 32GB / RTX3080

I play at 1440P and can reach 60FPS UNTIL the city opens up... then it dropped to 35-55-ish with constant high CPU usage.

In these 2 captures, the first one was at 1440P@Max setting (RT Ultra), and the small picture is the same setting at 720P. You can see that I get the same FPS (45-47FPS) meaning it's CPU that hold it down.

Planning to upgrade to Gen 11 Intel as soon at it releases... or I may go with Ryzen9 5900X if I'm impatient!
Cyberpunk2077_2020_12_10_21_32_01_509.jpg
Cyberpunk2077_2020_12_10_21_32_26_509.jpg

Post automatically merged:

I wonder... based on the current state, it seems that, in order to get 60FPS (regardless of GPU), ones must have quite modern CPU to run the game, as i7 4790@4.6Ghz is not sufficient to reach 60FPS (removing GPU out of equation).

I know that this CPU is very old but isn't it too much that the game is released in the state so that 60FPS is reserved only for modern CPU?

I tried reducing population to Low but still didn't help.

Last edited:
Im running an GTX1080, i7-6700K (OC 4,4GHz), 16GB Ram, Samsung 979 M2.SSD. Not getting over 60FPS but running on 1440p on High Settings. Outside the City 45-55 FPS, inside City 35-45 FPS.

Im running an GTX1080, i7-6700K (OC 4,4GHz), 16GB Ram, Samsung 979 M2.SSD. Not getting over 60FPS but running on 1440p on High Settings. Outside the City 45-55 FPS, inside City 35-45 FPS.

I'm surprised you are even getting 45-55 fps. I'm on a 1080ti and 8700k, 1440p and high settings only gave me 40fps. Below 30 in the city.

I wonder... based on the current state, it seems that, in order to get 60FPS (regardless of GPU), ones must have quite modern CPU to run the game, as i7 4790@4.6Ghz is not sufficient to reach 60FPS (removing GPU out of equation).

I know that this CPU is very old but isn't it too much that the game is released in the state so that 60FPS is reserved only for modern CPU?

I tried reducing population to Low but still didn't help.

Generally you are right, that CPU won't hold up for some modern games for sure. However even with the newly released 5800x I still have the same horrendous performance. Game is cooked, I've requested a refund. Will play in a year or two

Top Bottom