Anything official about incoming DLC content?

+

Surma.

Forum regular
Last we've heard is that there's going to be free DLC's going to arrive in 2021, more patches and updates.

How far are these DLC's being developed on? Are we going to receive some in this or next month? I remember hearing YouTuber talking about this month's upcoming DLC.

I'd really wish we'd receive some teases and when are they planned to be released (sure they can be delayed as often there's some problems that might arrive from developing them).

Attachments

• 1617693851161.png
    1617693851161.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 117
Not to my knowledge and I wouldn't expect that there will be anytime soon.
We've just had patch 1.2, whatever they will work on next is still a long way off from any announcement stages.

Hey,
I expect the free DLCs to be in similar scope as for Witcher 3, but maybe they could be used to bring in some of the almost finished content like barbers, gangs on streets, car chases, AI, (metro),...?

No but I think they'll start dropping DLCs on a weekly basis sometime after July

A little off topic but not fully.
Hey,
I expect the free DLCs to be in similar scope as for Witcher 3, but maybe they could be used to bring in some of the almost finished content like barbers, gangs on streets, car chases, AI, (metro),...?

You call car chases "almost finished content" ? :)

I woudnt expect anything that drastic. I guess it will be mostly new items and more customization with couple of small missions.

Last we've heard is that there's going to be free DLC's going to arrive in 2021, more patches and updates.

How far are these DLC's being developed on? Are we going to receive some in this or next month? I remember hearing YouTuber talking about this month's upcoming DLC.

I'd really wish we'd receive some teases and when are they planned to be released (sure they can be delayed as often there's some problems that might arrive from developing them).
How far? Very far.

This or next month? Forget it.

It seems you do not quite understand the situation CDPR is currently in. In one word: "shit". In two words: "near collapse" (of the company itself). Those are my words to sum up this recent Reuters publication about CDPR and CP2077. I dare think any reasonable person would agree. Few quotes from it (my bold), my comments after //s:

"The company, which has lost 50% of its market value since December ..." //half-dead already, literally

"The company needs to prove that it can learn from its mistakes and is able to turn a short-term crisis into long-term success" //can it learn? is it able? no certainty

"the 1.2 patch ... could be one of the key steps towards bringing the game back to Sony’s PlayStation store." //how many more steps are needed?

So yeah. Lots of folks do make good face despite very bad things happening, and this gets lots of people fooled. But what else can they do? The Titanic of CP2077, currently, is half down. It won't take any much more failures to nail its coffin - and on the contrary, it'd take huge effort to get it back going well. May be - way too much effort to happen.

Bit by bit, more and more people realize they want CDPR to make it through. To fix everything wrong, to go on with further things like DLCs. But our desires and actual capabilities of CDPR - as a company and as a studio? Two different things.

Let's at least make no avoidable pressure, right? Seems the least we can do to help - is to have lots of patience and give CDPR plenty time to recover from this mess.

Let's do that.

Ouch. 50%.?
A painful outlook. Also painful was the sudden realisation that the expected free dlc, which I kinda saw as a semi-apology and thank you for the fans that supported the game and didn't ask for refunds, and everyone waiting to actually play the game they purchased, is more than likely going to be a couple of cosmetic items and a quest. I honestly hadn't thought of it like that until @_Fender_ said it just now.
That would be a metaphorical kick in the balls for anyone supporting the game imo

Ps next patch, please please fix the quick hack from access points bug, it's really depressing :/

Last edited:
Ouch.
A painful outlook. Also painful was the sudden realisation that the expected free dlc, which I kinda saw as a semi-apology and thank you for the fans that supported the game and didn't ask for refunds, is more than likely going to be a couple of cosmetic items and a quest. I honestly hadn't thought of it like that until @_Fender_ said it just now.
That would be a metaphorical kick in the balls for anyone supporting the game imo
If CDPR releases such a DLC - then sure, kick it is. Which is why they must not. Which is why it's long time till 1st DLC. And it better be _darn_ good.

Let's take No Man's Sky as one of best known (and one of very few!) examples of "catastrophic release followed by miraculous recovery". How much time they released 1st free DLC for their game? That'd be Path Finder update, which they released ~7 months after game's release. And it was, indeed, darn good one. The one they did ~3 months after release, afaik, was merely adding few in-game features which were planned for game's release itself but were cut out shortly prior for - you guessed it - lack of required optimizations on PS4 platform by the release' deadline.

And mind you, No Man's Sky was never even removed from PS store.

I'd rather much like one glorious, mighty impressive and largely bug-free 1st DLC 31 December 2021 (CDPR did promise it "in 2021", iianm) than some "kick in the balls" before or during summer. And i think it's quite clear that lots and lots of clients and investors will now pay lots more attention to quality - after this kind of launch and initial post-launch patches up to 1.2, - of any new content / features. Gotta be flawless, gotta be meaty - "or else"...

Last edited:
I'd rather much like one glorious, mighty impressive and largely bug-free 1st DLC 31 December 2021 (CDPR did promise it "in 2021", iianm) than some "kick in the balls" before or during summer. .

I have some bad news for you, guys. Here it is:

CP2077_DLC.jpg

Mind the annotation: DLC for CP2077 means "small additional content". Do not expect anything really significant until some expansions are announced and released (perhaps in 2022).

Plans are subject to change. The announcement of "small" is good: does not create hype and expectations. Pleasant surprise in the form of announced "small" actually ending up pretty significant and somewhat big - would much help.

While releasing "indeed small" extra content - would irritate: lots of users are not aware about this announcement ("small" part), but almost everyone knows a free DLC is promised. Tons and tons of publications mention "a free DLC". Just like that - not a word about it being "small".

And this is not something CDPR has the luxury of not taking into consideration. I think.

I have some bad news for you, guys. Here it is:

View attachment 11207317

Mind the annotation: DLC for CP2077 means "small additional content". Do not expect anything really significant until some expansions are announced and released (perhaps in 2022).
I think me buying the aforementioned expansion will likely be highly dependent on the "small additional content" being any good.

It's not like the original game was cheap (and it is debatable as to whether it was a complete game) so having to pay again just for something to actually do endgame, or for features that should have been present from launch.... It would certainly sting a bit.

I think the playerbase will swallow extra cost only if any further paid content would be free of all kinds of issues initial release was suffering. Folks can forgive if great things happen, but won't forgive if further purchases would lead to similar to initial release' experiences.

...with couple of small missions.

I would literally PAY a dollar per mission (30 minutes to an hour game play which is still cheaper than paying movie entertainment time ).

if they would put even ONE of their guys on doing a weekly series of theses! For God sake CDPR hire a moder to do this for you if you do not have the time for your own people to do it. I guarantee what ever you would need to pay this "outsource" you would at least break even and would keep the interest in your game going! ;)

This guy/girl outsource would be the games "loose cannon" fixer who works not in only one part of the city. So they would have to work anonymously (to avoid the wrath of the other fixers) and all on transmissions only:

1617819534144.png

Post automatically merged:

This would only really work with missions that did not have voice acting however. So this is a very limited thing I guess. Unless they used text to voice tec.

:) :)

Spooky, if only it'd be as easy. It ain't. Outsiders are a risk CDPR can't take. Especially not after that hacking attack (believe it or not, but that's one big public story, can't "undo" it now that it's so widely known). The engine tech, which i believe is proprietory, is worth (at least a small) fortune alone. And without access to in-house tools and inner workings, only so much can be done.

Alas, as i am not using any mods, perhaps i'm just ignorant about it? Are there official mod tools? Are there any mods adding any - _any_ - kind of mission to the game? If the answer to both are "yes", then perhaps your idea could work. If the answer to both is "no", well, no luck then.

:) :)

Spooky, if only it'd be as easy. It ain't. Outsiders are a risk CDPR can't take. Especially not after that hacking attack (believe it or not, but that's one big public story, can't "undo" it now that it's so widely known). The engine tech, which i believe is proprietory, is worth (at least a small) fortune alone. And without access to in-house tools and inner workings, only so much can be done.

Alas, as i am not using any mods, perhaps i'm just ignorant about it? Are there official mod tools? Are there any mods adding any - _any_ - kind of mission to the game? If the answer to both are "yes", then perhaps your idea could work. If the answer to both is "no", well, no luck then.

Nothing new, it has been done before. Fallout 4 and the "not paid" paid mods...

They called it the Creation Club. Modder made content including quests. Beth gives them some "inside" TEC information about how to make the mods. Bethesda sells it, but the customer KNOWS it is moder made before the purchase.

But you are right about them probably being shy about "outsiders" for now. I had not considered the recent hacking unpleasantness.

Still if they HIRED them they would not be completely an outsider. And they can be bound to a contract like any other outsource in any business even police, military and security industries do this. But yeah, devil is ALWAYS in the details. Likely much harder than it sounds.

Last edited:
Nothing new, it has been done before. Fallout 4 and the "not paid" paid mods...

They called it the Creation Club. Modder made content including quests. Beth gives them some "inside" TEC information about how to make the mods. Bethesda sells it, but the customer KNOWS it is moder made before the purchase.

But you are right about them probably being shy about "outsiders" for now. I had not considered the recent hacking unpleasantness.

Still if they HIRED them they would not be completely an outsider. And they can be bound to a contract like any other outsource in any business even police, military and security industries do this. But yeah, devil is ALWAYS in the details. Likely much harder than it sounds.
Well, bound to contract does not mean the risks are reduced to zero. It merely means risks are "somewhat" reduced. If i am not mistaken, to this day, by far the most common method used to hack into any significant company - is someone inside of it "opening the doors". Further, it matters much what kind of contract is made. What are priorities. What's the company's actual primary goals. I don't think we can know this with complete certainty - at this time. Thing is, there are different possibilities.

I'd like to muse over just a single particular one.

I think lots folks here have seen this one official video from CDPR. In its 1st minute, it makes this statement, quote: "... the console version of Cyberpunk 2077 did not meet the quality standard we wanted it to meet". Personally, i am much happy to hear this statement from CDPR leadership - this kind of admitting the problem is, indeed, absolutely required in such situations. But yet, in itself, it is absolutely not sufficient action to address the situation at hand.

Now, in the following rather long and detailed, but also entertaining, fan video - there is one very, very similar statement. At some point near the middle of the video, Blizzard leadership made a statement of the sort. But what if this is not the only similarity? What if for CDPR things will develop in ways similar to ways Blizzard went after the moment of time they made that kind of a statement? Who exactly can guarantee that such similarities do not exist? Certainly not me. We can only hope it ain't the case, but hardly can be sure.

P.S. And as you see, even titans fall. At times - to ashes. Note that like/dislike ratio mentioned near the end of this video - stunnning, eh? And one more other good point this video clearly demonstrates multiple times, and especially from the lively story about the auction house - even many years after, fans do not forget. They may forgive at some point, but they never, ever, forget. Some high-ranked gonks in the industry thought otherwise, some even still think otherwise now. Hopefully, CDPR has none of the kind. :)

Top Bottom