AP not giving any Quick Hacks

+
I just started playing the game recently after patch 1.5 on PS5, I am not getting any Quick Hacks from any Access Point has anyone else experiencing the same thing.

I know it's known bug on PC and there is fix for it but I thought by now it might have been fixed and this is on console.

I don't know if it could help, but on Series X, if I activate the perk "Bloodware", I don't get any. Without, it's fine.
Tested on 2 characters on 1.5+. As soon as I put one point in this perk, I don't earn any QH anymore. If I reset my perk points (and don't put any in Bloodware), it's fixed.
Maybe good to try if you have this perk ;)

I don't know if it could help, but on Series X, if I activate the perk "Bloodware", I don't get any. Without, it's fine.
Tested on 2 characters on 1.5+. As soon as I put one point in this perk, I don't earn any QH anymore. If I reset my perk points (and don't put any in Bloodware), it's fixed.
I really appreciate your reply as fellow console player lol

Do you mind telling me your character stats and what else you have equip in Intelligence tree.

I tried reseting my perk points and only equip level one "Datamine Virtuoso" but I still didn't get anything. So I am curious if there is something else I am missing.
Post automatically merged:

Quick reply I tried your suggestion it didn't work unfortunately, I also have this weird thing that on vendors it shows I have more quick hack versus what on my current inventory so I think my character is bugged out.

Last edited:
I really appreciate your reply as fellow console player lol

Do you mind telling me your character stats and what else you have equip in Intelligence tree.

I tried reseting my perk points and only equip level one "Datamine Virtuoso" but I still didn't get anything. So I am curious if there is something else I am missing.
On how many access point you tried ?
In my first playhtrough in 1.5, I earn a bunch during all the NCPD Scanner Hutles. But when I did the GIG (Monster Hunter), where there are almost ten access points, I earn none. And the only change was the perk Bloodware. So I reloaded a save, reseted my points, completed the GIG again with the same perk (except Bloodware) and I earned 5...
In my second playthrough, I keep 3 perk points especially before this GIG. I completed it at first without Bloodware > 4 QHs. I reloaded and tried again but with Bloodware > none.
But it's maybe only on Xbox. It was good to try anyway :(
Quick reply I tried your suggestion it didn't work unfortunately, I also have this weird thing that on vendors it shows I have more quick hack versus what on my current inventory so I think my character is bugged out.
Not a bug ;)
In your inventory (cyberdeck), you only see one of each and the best version that you have. For example, if you have many Ping QHs :
- 5 uncommon (green)
- 4 rare (blue)
- 3 epic (purple)
- 2 legendary (yellow)
In your inventory (Cyberdeck), you'll see only one in legendary.
In shop you see all your QHs, except those equiped on your cyberdeck.

To illustrate the "view" of QHs in inventory and shops ;)
My Cyberdeck
26-03-2022_20-58-56-bnnulnsz.jpeg
In a drop point
26-03-2022_20-59-37-bew22i2m.jpeg26-03-2022_20-59-56-54zsq5se.jpeg
As you can see, I have a lot of the same QH and a lot of lower version of each ones. But in my Cyberdeck, I can see only one of each and in its best version :)

Last edited:
In my first playhtrough in 1.5, I earn a bunch during all the NCPD Scanner Hutles. But when I did the GIG (Monster Hunter), where there are almost ten access points, I earn none. And the only change was the perk Bloodware. So I reloaded a save, reseted my points, completed the GIG again with the same perk (except Bloodware) and I earned 5...
In my second playthrough, I keep 3 perk points especially before this GIG. I completed it at first without Bloodware > 4 QHs. I reloaded and tried again but with Bloodware > none.

Not a bug ;)
In your inventory (cyberdeck), you only see one of each and the best version that you have. For example, if you have many Ping QHs :
- 5 uncommon (green)
- 4 rare (blue)
- 3 epic (purple)
- 2 legendary (yellow)

My Cyberdeck
View attachment 11295409
In a drop point
View attachment 11295412View attachment 11295415
As you can see, I have a lot of the same QH and a lot of lower version of each ones. But in my Cyberdeck, I can see only one of each and in its best version :)
I tried these two location one by this Gig: Serial Suicide and another one Gig: The Frolics of Councilwoman Cole, I only had one AP left in those locations so I tried them never got anything, maybe I can find fresh location that has many AP and try it. Unfortunately I don't have save before these gigs I didn't know about such bug so I kept grinding, if you know any locations that has giving you legendary please let me know.

Also thank you for clarifying I had no idea that's how it works, it's interesting at least I know this not bug and that's how it suppose to be.

I tried these two location one by this Gig: Serial Suicide and another one Gig: The Frolics of Councilwoman Cole, I only had one AP left in those locations so I tried them never got anything, maybe I can find fresh location that has many AP and try it. Unfortunately I don't have save before these gigs I didn't know about such bug so I kept grinding, if you know any locations that has giving you legendary please let me know.
From my experience, it's in function of your level, not specific access points.
For epic ones it's around level 20-24 and above. For legendary, it's level 34 and above. I just reach the level 34 (on my character on the screenshots above) and just got my very first legendary one on a "random" access point.
The higher your level, the more likely you will be to have a legendary QH (from the level 34, you'll get chance to earn legendary, but mostly epics and from level 40-42, it's almost always legendaries). A little bit like the items (clothes and weapons) in GIG containers, to spawn a legendary one, you have to be at minimum level 34.

So I use mostly QH for stealth, so generally 14 in INT only to unlock the "QH spread" perk (mostly for Optic Reboot which spread up to 6 targets).
But if you can/plan go higher in INT, you can select all the perks that make breach protocol easier (more deamon completed, more money and more chance to get a QH, I think). And at first the last deamon V3 (even if the others become impossible, V3 is a priority for me), after V2 if possible, if not V1 and if possible, alls (not easy with only 14 in INT).
Honestly, with "Mining Virtuoso" level 2, I earn a QH almost every two or three access points. I always forget to sell them, so at the end of the game, I generally have a hell of a lot (easily a hundred legendary ones in my last playthrouhg^^) :D

So I use mostly QH for stealth, so generally 14 in INT only to unlock the "QH spread" perk (mostly for Optic Reboot which spread up to 6 targets).
But if you can/plan go higher in INT, you can select all the perks that make breach protocol easier (more deamon completed, more money and more chance to get a QH, I think). And at first the last deamon V3 (even if the others become impossible, V3 is a priority for me), after V2 if possible, if not V1 and if possible, alls (not easy with only 14 in INT).
Honestly, with "Mining Virtuoso" level 2, I earn a QH almost every two or three access points. I always forget to sell them, so at the end of the game, I generally have a hell of a lot (easily a hundred legendary ones in my last playthrouhg^^) :D

This is reassuring to that there are a lot of AP out there, I just have to find place with at least 5 in quantity to test this method.

Edit: so far no luck I have even leveled up my Intelligence to 13 to hacked 3 level 13 AP in "Gig:Hacking The Hacker" with two deamons and still no quick hacks do I think mine has some other bug that's preventing me from getting any QH.

Last edited:
This is reassuring to that there are a lot of AP out there, I just have to find place with at least 5 in quantity to test this method.

Edit: so far no luck I have even leveled up my Intelligence to 13 to hacked 3 level 13 AP in "Gig:Hacking The Hacker" with two deamons and still no quick hacks do I think mine has some other bug that's preventing me from getting any QH.
You're sure you don't get a same as you already have (or a lower version) ?
Anyway, the best it's "Monster Hunter" (jotaro), but maybe you already did it :)

To be sure, go to a drop point an sell all the QHs that you don't need (those in several versions and all lower versions). Then complete at least 10 access points (even if you complete only the V3 deamon), go to a drop point and verify. If you get none with "Datamine Virtuoso", yep there is a problem.
Here are my perks in INT (in case if you get none, maybe good to try to only activate these ones).
27-03-2022_13-20-59-codooipy.jpeg27-03-2022_13-21-18-bhzx5lbw.jpeg

Last edited:
What other perk do I need to get guarante drop and which version of the hack you focus on the v1,v2,v3 ?
Higher datamine levels and more datamine levels = increased drop chance.

So V3 has a higher drop chance than V2. V3+V2 has a higher chance than V2+V1.

V3+V2+V1 has the highest drop chance (close to 50%) but only about 1 in 8 puzzles is solvable for all 3 without Breach Protocol rank 19 (+1 buffer), Head Start (auto solves V1) and/or Compression (reduces sequence length). If you only have an 8 buffer Cyberdeck, you will need to save scum a lot to get all 3 sequences.

If you have Datamine Virtuoso double the drop chance. So V3+V2+V1 + Datamine Virtuoso 2/2 is close to 100% drop chance.

You're sure you don't get a same as you already have (or a lower version) ?
Anyway, the best it's "Monster Hunter" (jotaro), but maybe you already did it :)

To be sure, go to a drop point an sell all the QHs that you don't need (those in several versions and all lower versions). Then complete at least 10 access points (even if you complete only the V3 deamon), go to a drop point and verify. If you get none with "Datamine Virtuoso", yep there is a problem.
Here are my perks in INT (in case if you get none, maybe good to try to only activate these ones).
View attachment 11295616View attachment 11295619

So I don't have any QH on me to sell besides the Eoic and Rare ones that I have Equipped. The only big difference I see between our perk is that you also don't have "Datamine Mastermind, My Intelligence is at 12 yours is 14. So I may reset my perks and copy the exact thing you have. I am also level 41 now with Breach and QuickHacking at Level 12.

The only problem is I don't think there is that many AP left inside a gig I have done a lot popular ones so it's going to be hard finding Level 10 AP

Higher datamine levels and more datamine levels = increased drop chance.

So V3 has a higher drop chance than V2. V3+V2 has a higher chance than V2+V1.

V3+V2+V1 has the highest drop chance (close to 50%) but only about 1 in 8 puzzles is solvable for all 3 without Breach Protocol rank 19 (+1 buffer), Head Start (auto solves V1) and/or Compression (reduces sequence length). If you only have an 8 buffer Cyberdeck, you will need to save scum a lot to get all 3 sequences.

If you have Datamine Virtuoso double the drop chance. So V3+V2+V1 + Datamine Virtuoso 2/2 is close to 100% drop chance.

I usually aim for V2 & V3 but I haven't gotten anything out of it I am going to try what LeKill3rFou said and see if that would make any difference.

The only problem is I don't think there is that many AP left inside a gig I have done a lot popular ones so it's going to be hard finding Level 10 AP
I don't think the AP's "level" are important ;)
I always complete GIGs after reaching level 40 at minimum to loot all the legendary stuff that I can. And I earn legendary ones in Watson too, which is a (very) low level area.

I don't think the AP's "level" are important ;)
I always complete GIGs after reaching level 40 at minimum to loot all the legendary stuff that I can. And I earn legendary ones in Watson too, which is a (very) low level area.
Thanks for all your help, I think I am going to give up I have hack so many AP point I am still getting components I think my account might have that rare bug which prevents from getting any type of QH from AP point. So I am thinking about making my Intelligence 20 but idk if it be worth it or not.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your help, I think I am going to give up I have hack so many AP point I am still getting components I think my account might have that rare bug which prevents from getting any type of QH from AP point. So I am thinking about making my Intelligence 20 but idk if it be worth it or not.
If you play as netrunner and if you're sure that you can earn QH from access point, legendary QH are great and have very good "passive" effect.
So I would say, yes. Mainly to craft your own QH and also to be able to upload way more easily bunch of deamons against enemies :)
(Only for "optics jammer" daemon it's worth it, the ability of legendary Optic Reboot QH. All the enemies that detect you, will receive the Optic Reboot effect directly).

If you play as netrunner and if you're sure that you can earn QH from access point, legendary QH are great and have very good "passive" effect.
So I would say, yes. Mainly to craft your own QH and also to be able to upload way more easily bunch of deamons against enemies :)
(Only for "optics jammer" daemon it's worth it, the ability of legendary Optic Reboot QH. All the enemies that detect you, will receive the Optic Reboot effect directly).
I just don't know if the benefit of having 20 in Intelligence is worth it, I honestly don't know how to allocate my Attributes Point, this is what I have so far.
8 Body
8 Refelexes
18 Technical Ability
12 Intelligence
8 Cool
That would leave me with 13 Attribute points.

Because I been spending two days hacking AP is not happening lol so only way to get legendary is to craft
BTW I am level 42 right now.

I just don't know if the benefit of having 20 in Intelligence is worth it, I honestly don't know how to allocate my Attributes Point, this is what I have so far.
8 Body
8 Refelexes
18 Technical Ability
12 Intelligence
8 Cool
That would leave me with 13 Attribute points.

Because I been spending two days hacking AP is not happening lol so only way to get legendary is to craft
BTW I am level 42 right now.
It depend how you like to play, in fact. Hard to say what is better for you :)
If you really want to play as netrunner, 20 in INT is a way to go.
If like me, you generally use QHs in addition to another things (stealth/silenced handguns/knives in my case), 12 in INT is enough (or maybe even 14 to increase QHs spread range and number of targets).

So it really depend of your play style :)
My "ideal" in 1.5: 4 Body, 15 Reflex, 18 Tech, 14 Int, 20 Cool.
For me, it's great (I unlock all the perks which are the most useful for me), I love it. But maybe for many players (or maybe all), it would be (really) "bad" :D

It depend how you like to play, in fact. Hard to say what is better for you :)
If you really want to play as netrunner, 20 in INT is a way to go.
If like me, you generally use QHs in addition to another things (stealth/silenced handguns/knives in my case), 12 in INT is enough (or maybe even 14 to increase QHs spread range and number of targets).

So it really depend of your play style :)
My "ideal" in 1.5: 4 Body, 15 Reflex, 18 Tech, 14 Int, 20 Cool.
For me, it's great (I unlock all the perks which are the most useful for me), I love it. But maybe for many players (or maybe all), it would be (really) "bad" :D
I like to have access to everything I am usually stealth but if it is required I like to be able to handle the heat between quick hacking and using my Katana and sniper between, I might hold of un legendary QH it sounds good but a lot of point so I can craft them and who know maybe by the time dlc comes they might have patch for this. Anyhow I am still debating since the only way to get legendary for me is to craft.

I like to have access to everything I am usually stealth but if it is required I like to be able to handle the heat between quick hacking and using my Katana and sniper between, I might hold of un legendary QH it sounds good but a lot of point so I can craft them and who know maybe by the time dlc comes they might have patch for this. Anyhow I am still debating since the only way to get legendary for me is to craft.
Yeah, if you don't really play as netrunner, INT level 20 is not required. Legendary QHs are great, but not enough to "lock" other things that you prefer :)
In my build, if I have the bug like you, whatever, I'll not go to 20 in INT just for that. I'll be fine with epic QHs which you can buy anyway.

Not a bug ;)
- 5 uncommon (green)
- 4 rare (blue)
- 3 epic (purple)
- 2 legendary (yellow)

My Cyberdeck
View attachment 11295409
In a drop point
View attachment 11295412View attachment 11295415
In this case if I want to equip a lower version of a QH because it's quicker to load and spends less ram, how do I do?

Top Bottom