Apartments rant.

+
Maybe it's premature on my part, since it's not the end of updates for Cyberpunk 2077, but I feel it's worth saying...

Why did Witcher 3 get it right with Corvo Bianco and Cyberpunk seems to be missing the point? Several apartments? It's fine. But why can't we customize them? I'd rather have one apartment where I can express myself, instead of several generic spaces that you can't do anything with. Yes, I know you can swap palette of your default crib, fill the gun wall, but it just seems really barebones and doesn't alter the look of place much in comparison to what came 5 years earlier.

It was simply fun to put on display the stuff I found in my adventures in Witcher 3. Trophies, paintings, equipment. Upgrade it over time... Here? I don't even know why I need to spend money on them.

What would've made an apartment useful:
-store and put on display your game progression (wardrobe, posters, records, musical instruments, sex toys, expensive furniture or accessories, etc.);
-invite people in it for recreation or business;
-invest money in it and upgrade it over time;
-(this is probably my favorite) it would be cool to make a repeatable (or series) quest where someone robs your apartment and you need to find perpetrators and return your stuff; items stolen can be random; you can install security devices to make robberies less frequent or something like that...

So, tldr, more player agency.

Last edited:
Can you change your appearance or character in Witcher 3? Each game will have things different between them. You only had ppl at your place in Witcher if it's a mission, not "invite" random people. You use a single character model in witcher 3...every players character in CP2077 will be unique. It's easier to just put armor or hang up 2 swords when they're all designed the same...outfits and weapons don't work the same nor are they used the same. It's a very different game. I mean what trophies are you putting up when most of them are digital accolades and not really something tangible.

I can agree with you on upgrading the apartment but that was added in an expansion. It wasn't a part of the main Witcher 3 game. I'd much rather they spend the resources on story driven DLC's.

Last edited:
Maybe it's premature on my part, since it's not the end of updates for Cyberpunk 2077, but I feel it's worth saying...

Why did Witcher 3 get it right with Corvo Bianco and Cyberpunk seems to be missing the point? Several apartments? It's fine. But why can't we customize them? I'd rather have one apartment where I can express myself, instead of several generic spaces that you can't do anything with. Yes, I know you can swap palette of your default crib, fill the gun wall, but it just seems really barebones and doesn't alter the look of place much in comparison to what came 5 years earlier.

It was simply fun to put on display the stuff I found in my adventures in Witcher 3. Trophies, paintings, equipment. Upgrade it over time... Here? I don't even know why I need to spend money on them.

What would've made an apartment useful:
-store and put on display your game progression (wardrobe, posters, records, musical instruments, sex toys, expensive furniture or accessories, etc.);
-invite people in it for recreation or business;
-invest money in it and upgrade it over time;
-(this is probably my favorite) it would be cool to make a repeatable (or series) quest where someone robs your apartment and you need to find perpetrators and return your stuff; items stolen can be random; you can install security devices to make robberies less frequent or something like that...

So, tldr, more player agency.
What I like about them currently is that each new apartment has its own unique style by default.
Sure, they can't be customized and only have some interaction stuff, but for the moment I don't have a problem with that.
Each apartment in the current form stil adds to the immersion when you go to a different 'home'. Also, I find it very normal that you have to pay something for it, I even believed at first they were rather cheap, but I find the priing for them only a good thing. If feels like getting something, rather than just having something
For what it is, I like the style it comes with, and who knows, maybe it allows us to do something further, further down the road.

Can you change your appearance or character in Witcher 3? Each game will have things different between them. You only had ppl at your place in Witcher if it's a mission, not "invite" random people. You use a single character model in witcher 3...every players character in CP2077 will be unique. It's easier to just put armor or hang up 2 swords when they're all designed the same...outfits don't work the same nor are they used the same.
Yes you can change your appearance at barbershops in Witcher 3.
But still you had interactions in your mansion and you could see interior decorations that you assembled yourself in these conversations.
I'm not saying it needs to be EXACTLY like Witcher 3. But I find there's more self-expression in Corvo Bianco than in your apartments in Witcher 3. That's why I suggested a bunch of things that can improve them.
There's only two body types in Cyberpunk (male and female), so I don't see how clothes for them can't hang in a closet. There's no variety in shape and size that can get in the way. Character face or skin color don't affect this in any way either.

Last edited:
Be thankful you can change anything. Most apartments don't let you just change things however you want. You're renting the place, you don't own it.

But still you had interactions in your mansion and you could see interior decorations that you assembled yourself in these conversations.
I'm not saying it needs to be EXACTLY like Witcher 3. But I find there's more self-expression in Corvo Bianco than in your apartments in Witcher 3. That's why I suggested a bunch of things that can improve them.
There's only two body types in Cyberpunk (male and female), so I don't see how clothes for them can't hang in a closet. There's no variety in shape and size that can get in the way. Character face or skin color don't affect this in any way either.
Started a new character so havent tested them out yet but it seems pretty barebones too me(was kinda expecting it too be tho). Im more annoyed about the new character custumisations and not including more tattoos or diffrent body types tbh(or even better make V more muscular depending on your actions).. Atleast they added "normal" rouge. No more freckles that looks like dirt! :D

Be thankful you can change anything. Most apartments don't let you just change things however you want. You're renting the place, you don't own it.
It can be used for gameplay too. For example, if you're renting, you customization options are limited (posters, placing items on shelves). If you buy it out, you can do more.

This is a nitpick as far as I'm concerned. Sure, you get 'transported' into the character customization menu. I'm honestly fine with that.

I like new apartment, but I don't understand why some interactive objects are exclusive to some apartments. For example, why can't I play a guitar in Glenn apartment or Corpo one? What's so special about weeby Japantown apartment that it's allowed only there? Or drinking coffee/whiskey/tea?
Seriously, I can't drink whiskey in Glenn for what reason?

Nice idea, but horrible execution. Not to mention vanilla apartment didn't get any interactive objects at all. Huge missed opportunity.

I like new apartment, but I don't understand why some interactive objects are exclusive to some apartments. For example, why can't I play a guitar in Glenn apartment or Corpo one? What's so special about weeby Japantown apartment that it's allowed only there? Or drinking coffee/whiskey/tea?
Seriously, I can't drink whiskey in Glenn for what reason?

Nice idea, but horrible execution. Not to mention vanilla apartment didn't get any interactive objects at all. Huge missed opportunity.

Different flavors. And so that each one had something exclusive.

Some places having exclusives is more incentive for players to get them all. It's a smart move. Some people are too greedy when it comes to this stuff.
Don't really see a point of buying an apartment I don't like. Why would I? I also don't use every car in the game, only the ones I like. Like OP said, there should've been an option to actually let us customize apartment with things we want instead of giving us half-assed idea.

Some places having exclusives is more incentive for players to get them all. It's a smart move. Some people are too greedy when it comes to this stuff.
I'm not following your line of argument. You make it sound like they're skins in Fortnite. These don't cost real money. They are likely watching how people react and prepping online implementation plans based on this though. The loot system in this game is already primed for online addiction.

Don't really see a point of buying an apartment I don't like. Why would I? I also don't use every car in the game, only the ones I like. Like OP said, there should've been an option to actually let us customize apartment with things we want instead of giving us half-assed idea.
For the buffs? If you're nearby. I might actually do this as I don't like fast travel.

Top Bottom