Apartments rant.

+
For the buffs? If you're nearby. I might actually do this as I don't like fast travel.
Well, some people don't care about buffs - me included, but I do like idea about interactive objects. Again. Exclusive interactive objects are a good idea, but only if they really do fit to the theme of certain apartment. I don't see how a guitar, whiskey or coffee is so special that it can't be in all apartments, even in vanilla one.

right now apartments are just gimmick. they should provide something like fast travel, buffs, or they could add some story to it. its kinda pity they waste time on useless stuff

Its the same in Cp2077. it opens the char menu but some options arent useble.
I was referring to CP2077 :)
And from my perspective, the thing that are available when checking yourself in the mirror seem logical enought.
Maybe we get to change tattoo's and other bodily modifications at ripperdocs at some point. But I'm okay with the customization options scala {hair, makeup, piercings} from the mirror. Needless to say I hope they keep adding some new styles for everything with several updates throughout time :)

Yes you can change your appearance at barbershops in Witcher 3.
But still you had interactions in your mansion and you could see interior decorations that you assembled yourself in these conversations.
I'm not saying it needs to be EXACTLY like Witcher 3. But I find there's more self-expression in Corvo Bianco than in your apartments in Witcher 3. That's why I suggested a bunch of things that can improve them.
There's only two body types in Cyberpunk (male and female), so I don't see how clothes for them can't hang in a closet. There's no variety in shape and size that can get in the way. Character face or skin color don't affect this in any way either.
Changing your hair is not the same as character creation. I'm referring to actually creating your own character rather than just the one you are given. Even if that weren't the case, getting a haircut is minimal in comparison.

"there's only two body types". That's more than one isn't it? And yes you can still make changes to parts of your body that factor in. It's why clothes/headgear will clip when you use certain mods.

Point is, this seems to be a nitpick in the grand scheme and not something that's a priority.

Don't really see a point of buying an apartment I don't like. Why would I? I also don't use every car in the game, only the ones I like. Like OP said, there should've been an option to actually let us customize apartment with things we want instead of giving us half-assed idea.
Nobody says you should. But it also doesn't mean every apartment should therefore offer the exact same things.
Like with the romances, your choice in where to invest in make it so you may or may not be able to do a certain action.
Be a male V: some romances are 'inaccessible'. Same with the apartments, dont want to buy the one with the guitar if you don't like it, then no playing the guitar for you.

This game teaches that quite well in these little things.
And again, its not GTA or some other game where every apartment or nightclub or warehouse features the exact same thing.

What would you change in the loot system? I think its pretty ok now with the rebalance.
This trigged me into rant about that I then deleted as it is quite a tangent already but to me those artifical rarity/level/socket system are plague.

As for the OP. People asked for this, they delivered. It could always be deeper and more customisable, but it always will be gimmick.
I mean, how much time players really spent there I wonder?

right now apartments are just gimmick. they should provide something like fast travel, buffs, or they could add some story to it. its kinda pity they waste time on useless stuff
They do, read the description of the interactions. However, they dont last for 2 weeks, no.
And maybe its just a start to more that may yet come...

i bought all the apartments and don't use any of them. but it was nice to see them added. if i need to drop things off or pick things up the apartments make it easier to do so. I see them as nothing more than convenient storage boxes

Nobody says you should. But it also doesn't mean every apartment should therefore offer the exact same things.
Like with the romances, your choice in where to invest in make it so you may or may not be able to do a certain action.
Be a male V: some romances are 'inaccessible'. Same with the apartments, dont want to buy the one with the guitar if you don't like it, then no playing the guitar for you.

This game teaches that quite well in these little things.
And again, its not GTA or some other game where every apartment or nightclub or warehouse features the exact same thing.
Comparing apartments, that are available to everyone, to romances, that are locked behind gender, is really bizzare.

I also don't know how many times do i have to repeat that idea behind certain actions in certain apartments is nice, but if it makes sense. It doesn't if something as simple as having a drink or a coffee is locked in one and available in other. Especially if we can literally buy alcohol or coffee in game whenever we want. We can even buy a guitar, too.

Now, incense is a nice addition in Japantown apartment and it fits there great. Same with bilard in Glenn apartment. Everything else is really basic stuff.

I understand what you are saying but i think it was done to give each apartment its own feel or character

making them all have the exact same things doesn't let any of them have their own identity. I kind of see what they went for and its cool with me. it may not be for everyone and i can understand your point

Comparing apartments, that are available to everyone, to romances, that are locked behind gender, is really bizzare.
I beg to differ. It shows that something isnt accessible regardless of what/who you are playing as. I still remember the rant about why certain people couldn't romance Judy while being a male V or other way around with Panam/ Female V.
So too it is that currently (!!) each apartment has something thats exclusive to it, as in: comes with the rental.
I do agree that some choices may seem a bit arbitrary, but there we are.
I also don't know how many times do i have to repeat that idea behind certain actions in certain apartments is nice, but if it makes sense. It doesn't if something as simple as having a drink or a coffee is locked in one and available in other. Especially if we can literally buy alcohol or coffee in game whenever we want. We can even buy a guitar, too.

Now, incense is a nice addition in Japantown apartment and it fits there great. Same with bilard in Glenn apartment. Everything else is really basic stuff.
You dont have to explain it again, I did understand you. I'm just not that bothered about it.
and again, we have this function for just a few days (and some users (incuding me) dont even have it operational yet of their consoles.
We have what we have so far and only the future will show it its going to be executed well. I have to believe we aren't at the end of the road yet.
Its baby steps, we know this.
calling everything out as bad on day one as soon as its not as expected/liking... well...

Maybe reverse it: why dont you pitch the ideas of what you want to CDPR, some feedback topic or whatever and show them you think the start is there, but you like to see XYZ added.
Maybe you're heard as one of many, maybe not... time will tell.

Rudeness, disrespect, personal attacks, and such will not be tolerated as they are against the rules. It is not okay to attack other people or their opinions, regardless of how much you might disagree with them.

A few posts, including quotes, deleted.

I understand what you are saying but i think it was done to give each apartment its own feel or character

making them all have the exact same things doesn't let any of them have their own identity. I kind of see what they went for and its cool with me. it may not be for everyone and i can understand your point
Mhm, and that would be fine if certain apartments had more "special themed" interactions in them along with few basic ones that are available everywhere. Say you like the apartment in Northside - there's nothing you can do there, it doesn't have any interactions except bed or shower. So one player will be kinda punished for liking different thing than another player who has several interactions in their apartment.

Actually, I'm done repeating myself all the time. Yikes.

The northside apartment actually makes sense. Look at it's size. What could you possibly put in there? Certainly not a pool table. All 4 places seem to be different sizes, and their interactions reflect that.
But how hard it is for these apts to have whiskey or coffee makers? Both northside and glen are empty in comparison to plaza and japantown's. Ppl are not asking for big interactions (at least I personally don't). Just curious why V cant smoke or drink or even play guitar in certain apts, that's all.

The northside apartment actually makes sense. Look at it's size. What could you possibly put in there? Certainly not a pool table. All 4 places seem to be different sizes, and their interactions reflect that.
I want to take the oppertunity to highlight also, From the very little bit of the 'lore' I read about those locations they seem to also differentiate there as well.
The Northside hideyhole for a netrunner should be modest compared to an Arasaka corpo suite.

Again, and I will side with Ashii here for a part: having coffee, thea or something alcoholic would be okay if most apartments had it, but different in style (vending machine) and 'class' like high-end expensive whiskey compared to you average homebrew stuff.

And then some other stuff (and for me the guitar can be such item) could be made exclusive to certain apartments because of they individual style.

Personally, I would've liked if the couch/TV had some added interactions. And I would like to really amp up the volume on TV and radio :)

But how hard it is for these apts to have whiskey or coffee makers? Both northside and glen are empty in comparison to plaza and japantown's. Ppl are not asking for big interactions (at least I personally don't). Just curious why V cant smoke or drink or even play guitar in certain apts, that's all.
Again, where would you put it? There's hardly enough room for the stuff that's in there. There's not really any extra space to place the interactions points (table, bar, etc.)

Again, where would you put it? There's hardly enough room for the stuff that's in there. There's not really any extra space to place the interactions points (table, bar, etc.)
Are you even serious right now? You won't find a spot for a small bottle of whiskey there? There's plenty of room for things like that there. Or a pack of smokes. Or is it too big as well? :facepalm:

Are you even serious right now? You won't find a spot for a small bottle of whiskey there? There's plenty of room for things like that there. Or a pack of smokes. Or is it too big as well? :facepalm:
Look at where those places are in the other apartments. Attached to tables, or bars, like i said. There isn't the space for those things in there.

Top Bottom