Apartments rant.

+
It could be attached to other places as well... It's not like V only smokes at the table. During story she also smoked while standing.
You're not understanding the point here. WHERE WOULD YOU PUT THEM? The space is cramped, and from a technical standpoint, there's not enough room to add those things without issues, to which there'd be 90 threads about "GLITCHES IN APARTMENTS! LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE!"

Changing your hair is not the same as character creation. I'm referring to actually creating your own character rather than just the one you are given. Even if that weren't the case, getting a haircut is minimal in comparison.

"there's only two body types". That's more than one isn't it? And yes you can still make changes to parts of your body that factor in. It's why clothes/headgear will clip when you use certain mods.

Point is, this seems to be a nitpick in the grand scheme and not something that's a priority.
You can't change anything beyond make-up and hair in front of a mirror. Character creation has nothing to do with it. I'm not even sure how it's related to my suggestions...

You're too attached to the idea of putting clothes on display. Sound like nitpicking. There can be limits, or it can be replaced with display of something else. It's not the point. The point is having options to decorate your place in more interesting ways than just swapping palette. It's not limited to clothes, you know...

You're not understanding the point here. WHERE WOULD YOU PUT THEM? The space is cramped, and from a technical standpoint, there's not enough room to add those things without issues, to which there'd be 90 threads about "GLITCHES IN APARTMENTS! LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE!"
How do you know it's impossible? Are you a dev? Or a modder perhaps? The place is small, but don't treat it like it's a literal shoebox. That's just ridiculous at this point.

Many things seemed impossible from "technical point of view" yet modders proved us wrong so many times I lost count. But eh, you do you. [...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh, so my V can finally stop squatting at Kerry's.
There was never really any necessity to return to your apartment before either. Unless you ran out of carrying capacity, e.g.
Now they can be seen as quick makeover hubs and distinct places to stop and just..be.
But still nothing can beat invading places that ain't yours. :D

Currently, I am unable to even do anything at all with mine because I am not getting the option/site when I hop on the PC in my pad. Sooooo how do I even go about redecorating it at all? May end up keeping my renovation mod(s) but I would like to see what all has been added.

Nvm. Need to start Act 2. -.- Sorry guys.

On the actual subject, it would be nice to add items that you have earned to your decor.

Last edited:
Regarding the apartments - really "loved" opening the door to see a ciggy burning in an ashtray. How out of touch are the developers? Pandering to, what, Nauru and Kiribati (the only 2 countries where the majority smoke)? Poland, where the game is developed - only has 26% smoking, the US, where I am, is at about 25%.

So, approx 1 in 4 people smoke, let's say. 3 out of 4 have no interest in it. Plus, there are ex-smokers like myself that basically hate even seeing it (and no, not cause I miss it, I wouldn't take a puff if you paid me to).

I really have to question WHY the ashtray and ciggy is even there. 3 out of 4 likely don't want it, some find it frankly offensive and people that DO smoke very likely won't be offended if it isn't there. It's 2022, smoking rates have been declining worldwide for YEARS - but smoking is apparently "cool again" in 2077.

In a future patch, please allow the removal of the smoking crap. Most expensive apartment - and there is a lit ciggy when I walk in..... come on....

Dont expect this game to suddenly change into Sims 2077 where you micromanage your life in NC. These examples would need months in making also how many times you want yor flat to be robbed. This is a bit weird. Would rathe have flat garage access and finally ability to customise cars.

honestly repeatable mission would be nice or more random things to get involved in. I love the world and want to do more in it

The new feature of sleeping next to your Li i think was great along with the apartments. people really wanted them. if they do plan on adding a multiplayer feature then you will need activities to do with other players.

CDPR will end for me as a developer if they start making AAA multiplayer games.

But repeatable quests or auto-generated stuff aren't bad ideas. It just needs good intergration into the lore and setting. I doubt they will be making those for CP77, because largely the ship has sailed and the work is done. But the idea is to give spaces meaning from gameplay perspective.

CDPR will end for me as a developer if they start making AAA multiplayer games.

But repeatable quests or auto-generated stuff aren't bad ideas. It just needs good intergration into the lore and setting. I doubt they will be making those for CP77, because largely the ship has sailed and the work is done. But the idea is to give spaces meaning from gameplay perspective.
Currently i am enjoy the world events that pop up. like the new police chases with gangs. and they said they hide some new missions in the world. if they could implement new mission through shards or the like it could keep the game going

right now apartments are just gimmick. they should provide something like fast travel, buffs, or they could add some story to it. its kinda pity they waste time on useless stuff

playing video games is useless, apart from the entertainment value.

I want to thank devs for going through with this.
chucknorrisapprove.gif

I think the way they made it is just fine... But definitely there could be more customization options.

I'd rather see them put all the effort in car customization in the current moment, ability to switch car color, exhaust, gear system, internals, weapons etc, making the UI remember the car you last used and always order the list based on least used instead of the arbitrary name order.

If they want to go for more job on apartments, they should focus on the activities in there. The boxing bag could be used to train fists for example and get 20% boost to fist damage after beating the bag for 20 seconds, or maybe playing the pool could be done in a semi accurate way and finishing that game your ability to aim is far less scattered around (don't know what's the term, removing shaking from aim), and other sorts of things. Roach race for each apartment and every time you get over 20 fences you gain 5 exp. Something like that. Maybe they could bring some minigames to these apartments and make them a place to chill with friends whenever multiplayer comes.

Last edited:
Regarding the apartments - really "loved" opening the door to see a ciggy burning in an ashtray. How out of touch are the developers? Pandering to, what, Nauru and Kiribati (the only 2 countries where the majority smoke)? Poland, where the game is developed - only has 26% smoking, the US, where I am, is at about 25%.

So, approx 1 in 4 people smoke, let's say. 3 out of 4 have no interest in it. Plus, there are ex-smokers like myself that basically hate even seeing it (and no, not cause I miss it, I wouldn't take a puff if you paid me to).

I really have to question WHY the ashtray and ciggy is even there. 3 out of 4 likely don't want it, some find it frankly offensive and people that DO smoke very likely won't be offended if it isn't there. It's 2022, smoking rates have been declining worldwide for YEARS - but smoking is apparently "cool again" in 2077.

In a future patch, please allow the removal of the smoking crap. Most expensive apartment - and there is a lit ciggy when I walk in..... come on....

There are cigarette butts in V's original apartment in case you werent paying attention. I suspect that Johnny smokes when we're not looking.
And in the world of Cyberpunk people continue to smoke because they can replace their lungs.
If it's any consolation, one of the endings has a powerful anti-smoking message that at least got to me .

With respect my man, but this isn't about us, its about the world of Cyberpunk. The question you should be asking yourself is: does it make sense in the game's perspective.

With respect my man, but this isn't about us, its about the world of Cyberpunk. The question you should be asking yourself is: does it make sense in the game's perspective.

And the answer is yes, it does make sense.

It always bothered me that previously V categorically didn't smoke, and smoking was only possible while being controlled by Johnny. It wasn't my choice. Yet cigarettes always were one type of junk item. Now, in Japantown, it is players choice. I like that.

Apartments are kind of a nice surprise (although it would have been cooler if they were given to you throughout the game instead of all in one big lump.) and the option to reskin the apt is fine, however it's not really what I care about.. All I really want is for is more customization options for my V and then secondly for customizable cars. More apts / apt skins was never on my want list.

Guest 4412420

Must say I didn't expect them to add multiple apartments in the first place. I personally didn't see much need for them because V's megabuilding apartment is already quite nice, but it's cool that people who wanted more apartments got them. I think they're beautifully designed. The one in the Glenn is my favorite.

Sadly, I don't really see much use of them still. Nibbles won't move into these different apartments, from what I saw memorabilia you gain from various quests doesn't transfer either. Maybe later updates will address this? For now, I'm sticking with V's original apartment. It would have been nice if it also got some items we could interact with. Act 1 loading screen even shows a guitar near V's bed and there's a record player there too, but several retextures is a nice start.

Hopefully they'll restore some missing memorabilia items too in the future: record player with Samurai vinyl discs, Aldecaldos jacket and Kerry's poster. All three of these are still unavailable, but the game's official guide listed them as obtainable memorabilias.

Top Bottom