Are all holiday events planned to be Riddles?

+
Are all holiday events planned to be Riddles?

Can't say that I personally find them fun. It's trial and error over and over, especially on the higher difficulties. Not saying they're bad, but i've already had enough of this "style" of event. Here's hoping there's variety in future holiday content.

Ouderkirkj;n9777101 said:
Can't say that I personally find them fun. It's trial and error over and over, especially on the higher difficulties. Not saying they're bad, but i've already had enough of this "style" of event. Here's hoping there's variety in future holiday content.
Trial and error over and over? After a few tries you should have an idea what's going on. Assuming you've been paying attention. Not saying you'll solve it in a few tries, just get the direction...

Ouderkirkj;n9777101 said:

Would you rather have RNG fiesta like in HS brawls or boss battles?

HenryGrosmont;n9777131 said:
Trial and error over and over? After a few tries you should have an idea what's going on. Assuming you've been paying attention. Not saying you'll solve it in a few tries, just get the direction...

I think that perhaps they might want to set all the enemy cards to revealed though (Or at least let us take a peek at what the new cards are without any idea how many of them the enemy has). There's absolutely no way to win the game on the first attempt because there is no possible way you can know what they are going to throw at you. So there is a lot of trial and error involved until you have played enough games to have seen the enemy's entire hand.

Figured out the 1st expert mode with my bro, I took notes of his step on a paper, this way we filtered errors and achieved victory.
I looked up the first steps of the 2nd expert challenge from internet, had enough of that.
Figured out the 3rd expert mode on my own, it was actually easier than the first easy challenge.

The makers said there are many ways to win them, but that's a lie. There's a certain card placement order for each.

yeah nah i struggled for ages on the normal ones, and for one of them it was purely because I didn't read one of the cards. I didn't really enjoy them all that much either and I thought the rewards were pretty meh other than the portrait and the avatar. It really just feels like its for people who have won their 18 or so rounds for the day (however many they decide to go to) and have decided they want to screw around for a bit.

I'm not so good at riddles...but Bloodthirst was a really good battle. It was for me the easiest part of the challange. It was like a normal Gwent match, I liked it. But the riddles...a pain for me.

Bumping this thread for more feedback based on the midwinter hunt seasonal event. I finished it today, and while I can say I found more enjoyment out of this event than the others (mostly because it respects my time). I don't think we've found the balance yet. While I appreciate this event added more options to win rather than a set rotation of cards, I also felt like it was impossible to lose. Neither mode put up a fight (expert actually seemed easier or the same?). We need to find a middle ground between this and previous events and we'll be in a good spot.

Also, a retry option would be fantastic for future events. No one wants to be kicked out, skip through all the text, and listen to the starting dialogue over and over.

Last edited:
Top Bottom