Are Bioware Modifications available for V in Cyberpunk2077? (I thought Animals gang uses this?)

+
The reason I ask is because I read this, and then I FELL IN LOVE with this:
"Nanotech is the basis of most forms of bioware. And you can stack all forms of bioware with each other. It is possible for a single person to have all enhancements listed below at the same time."
:love::eek::love::eek::love::eek::love::eek::love::eek::love::eek::love::eek::love::eek::love::eek::love::eek::love::eek::love::eek::love::eek::love::eek::love::eek::love::eek::love::eek::love::eek::love::eek::love::eek:

Bioware
2020Icon.png
Bioware is a class of cybernetic enhancements that are based on human anatomy and physiology rather than electronics or mechanics. Bioware can have some non-organic components. But the enhancement itself is enhancing a biological function, rather than replacing the biological component with technology.
Bioware is often preferred to cybernetics for a number of reasons. It has little impact on appearance (this is not just about vanity, it is also a matter of stealth; maybe you do not want people knowing you are enhanced). There are fewer possible complications because it is enhancing functions that are already present naturally. And a lot of people have problems with cyberware for one reason or another (religion for example).
Nanotech is the basis of most forms of bioware. And you can stack all forms of bioware with each other. It is possible for a single person to have all enhancements listed below at the same time.
Biosculpting

This is a modern version of Plastic Surgery. Plastic surgery in the modern world has advanced to the point where it is almost trivial to make someone look like whatever they want. Bones, muscle, and organs can be shifted around fairly easily and skin of any type grafted (including animal skin, fur, feathers, etc), creating whatever look you want. Higher quality work is more expensive, but biosculpting is cheap enough that even average people can often afford it. Many gangs (especially posergangs) make extensive use of biosculpting. People who are extensively biosculpted are often referred to as Exotics.

Other common examples of Bioware
Grafted Muscle: This is vat-grown organic muscle. It functions identically to natural muscle. Grafted muscle will enhance both appearance and strength. It can be combined with other forms of bioware, such as muscle and bone lace. When properly grafted, vat grown muscle is completely indistinguishable from natural muscle. It is a common component of biosculpting.

Muscle & Bone Lace: Muscle and bone lace use nanites to thread microscopic artificial fibers through muscle and bone tissue. The result is that the tissue is both stronger (physical strength is enhanced) and more resistant to damage. The full process is slow, and takes a few weeks to complete. Muscle and bone lace will enhance overall strength and durability, but not to the degree of an actual artificial cyberlimb.

Skin Weave: In a process similar to muscle and bone lace, nanites thread fibers through skin tissue, making it much more resistant to damage. The result is bare skin that has resistance to damage similar to light body armor (think Kevlar). Skin weave is transparent to the naked eye for the most part, but can still be detected with careful observation. It takes a couple weeks for the nanites to complete the upgrade.

Enhanced Antibodies: These are bio-engineered (fully organic) anti-bodies, designed to be more efficient than natural anti-bodies. They will cut healing time in half (for damage related to disease), and boost resistance to diseases.

Toxin Binders: These are nanites designed to bind with particles of various poisons in the body. They will not make you immune to poison and toxins, but they will make you highly resistant to them.

Nanosurgeons: These are nanites specifically designed to repair damage at the cellular level. Nanosurgeons are a common component used for installing cyberware. Unlike enhanced Antibodies, nanosurgeons repair physical damage to the body. They are not meant to mitigate disease or poison.[1]

I’m almost positive that exotic biosculpting won’t be available to V. However you might be able to change your look after the initial character creation.

Grafted muscle and the bone lace could be in the game. Give a strength bonus, but not as much as cyberlimbs would.

antibodies, Nanosurgeons, and binders are probably going to be in the game as buffs against toxins (obviously), increased health, and increased health regeneration.

pretty cool stuff

I’m almost positive that exotic biosculpting won’t be available to V. However you might be able to change your look after the initial character creation.

Grafted muscle and the bone lace could be in the game. Give a strength bonus, but not as much as cyberlimbs would.

antibodies, Nanosurgeons, and binders are probably going to be in the game as buffs against toxins (obviously), increased health, and increased health regeneration.

pretty cool stuff
I wonder if I can get all of the bioware mods, and then just get cyberware after (I'm really hoping bioware mods don't take up any slots, and are just permanent upgrades, and then I just get whatever Cyberware I want after the fact without having to worry about losing the bioware mods)
I also hope the antibodies and nanosurgeons and all that are also permanent upgrades as well that take up no slot spaces. I would be very happy about that.

Just like cyberware not all the bioware available in CP2020 will be included in CP2077.
Duh.

CDPR included what they included, and didn't include a good many things for various reasons. Game balance, time/effort needed, is it useful rather then merely cosmetic, does it serve any function in-game?

Trying to include everything that does, or can exist, is foolish from a development prospective.

Last edited:
I wonder if I can get all of the bioware mods, and then just get cyberware after (I'm really hoping bioware mods don't take up any slots, and are just permanent upgrades, and then I just get whatever Cyberware I want after the fact without having to worry about losing the bioware mods)
I also hope the antibodies and nanosurgeons and all that are also permanent upgrades as well that take up no slot spaces. I would be very happy about that.

grafted limbs would naturally be replaced by cyber limbs. I don’t see why the manures would get removed or be timed

They havent spoken much about customization. I figured its kinda hard topic as players wants to be so many things, some want to be fashionable, some want to go crazy or cyberware, some want to respect styles like Neokitch. Some want to look like Samurai Band. Someone want to look like one of the Roles like Media. I would imagine some players wanna look like their favorite gang. Etc etc. Best strategy would be, V is just V and players gotta suck it up. Cyberpunk Universe is massive, so it kinda bite their arse sometimes.

Soo, that said if we ever get Cyberpunk 2, multiple chars wouldnt be a bad choice imho, they cant please the players, but they could give us cool Characters.

Last edited:
I doubt CDPR will go the multiple characters route (i.e. the Baldurs Gate games) simply because there's not much need for such a game with the eventual multi-player version of CP2077.

OK, you won't be able to run your own team of Edgerunners, but with their emphasis on FPS gameplay you couldn't really run a team anyway unless CDPR put some serious effort into companion AI.

While some forms of bioware (utility stuff) will probably make it into Cyberpunk 2077's release, I wouldn't bet on cosmetic or the more involved options (like hybridization via animal components) being included in the main release...

Adding extra bioware through one or multiple DLCs would be a possibility though, again, I wouldn't place a wager on that being one of the first DLCs if they decided to add it later.

To the same tune, voice options, additional character customizations, further cyberware options and maybe some form of vehicle customization, could all be added later as DLCs.

Overall, though, I'd put the greater majority of these possibilities into the box of stuff intended for Cyberpunk multiplayer.

I doubt CDPR will go the multiple characters route (i.e. the Baldurs Gate games) simply because there's not much need for such a game with the eventual multi-player version of CP2077.

OK, you won't be able to run your own team of Edgerunners, but with their emphasis on FPS gameplay you couldn't really run a team anyway unless CDPR put some serious effort into companion AI.

Multiple chars is one way to show your muscles in game industry, but its up to them. I was thinking more like GTA or Gears of War series than BG3. Wolvestein's "Sisters" game had two chars too. Its nothing new really, but for CDPR, a company on the rise it would be one way to show they are progressing. And lets face it, multipe char is kinda modern thinking too, would suck to see CDPR becoming "old-school" dev.

Multiple chars is one way to show your muscles in game industry, but its up to them. I was thinking more like GTA or Gears of War series than BG3. Wolvestein's "Sisters" game had two chars too. Its nothing new really, but for CDPR, a company on the rise it would be one way to show they are progressing. And lets face it, multipe char is kinda modern thinking too, would suck to see CDPR becoming "old-school" dev.
Keep in mind CP2077 multi-player is a first for CDPR.
As is customizable characters.
As is broader skill sets, perks, character stats.
Let them get all this done THEN worry about multi-character.

I wonder how many unique builds we can actually make in the final game and how it affects the gameplay. Makes me wonder if no-augmentation V is even possible, like, no bioware, no cyberware, just a simple disadvantaged human being trying obnoxiously hard in Night City.

I wonder how many unique builds we can actually make in the final game and how it affects the gameplay. Makes me wonder if no-augmentation V is even possible, like, no bioware, no cyberware, just a simple disadvantaged human being trying obnoxiously hard in Night City.

Not entirely possible. If I've read into the varied adds and info dumps from stuff light Night City Wire, V will have the Immortality Implant at the very least.

Not entirely possible. If I've read into the varied adds and info dumps from stuff light Night City Wire, V will have the Immortality Implant at the very least.
Stupid me, that checks out with the game description and the entire main quest revealed so far. At the very least, V has to carry it inside his body somehow as well, which implies a port (or what is the right term for that in the universe).

Thanks for bringing my attention to this, now I'll be wondering what combinations make for the most unique and different playthroughs instead.

Thanks for bringing my attention to this, now I'll be wondering what combinations make for the most unique and different playthroughs instead.

No problem, and rather a lot, I'd wager.

That said, a "No Augments" playthrough would still be possible... I'd just exclude the Immortality chip since that's the main plot point (and unavoidable as such) for the CP2077 storyline.

Guest 4318427

No problem, and rather a lot, I'd wager.

That said, a "No Augments" playthrough would still be possible... I'd just exclude the Immortality chip since that's the main plot point (and unavoidable as such) for the CP2077 storyline.

You'd also have to exclude the Kiroshi Eye Implant and sub-dermal grip, because those are also unavoidable.

What are the diference between bioware and genetic engineering so far?

I would love to have two ways of enhancement in the game one becoming a full cybermen/cyborg and another one using genetic engineering having multiple hearts, poison glands,becoming more strong with augmented muscles and so on. I know that genetic engineering exist in the pnp game. Do you think we will have some genetic enhancements availibles in the game? Or at least a chunk of biowares to just play as an "organicly augmented human" that will not turn in a mechanical monster?

Last edited:
What are the diference between bioware and genetic engineering so far?

The difference is that bioware was created using genetic engineering.

If you're asking the difference between bioware and cyberware, that's clearer.

Bioware is, literally, grown to user specifications and applied with biosculpting operations.
Bioware allows for a host of generic improvements, as well as enabling someone to become a human/animal hybrid through the application of homegrown animal components such as fur, eyes, ears, and even organs.

Cyberware, however, is the fancy mechanical implants. Nanosurgeons, netrunner equipment, Mantis Blades and concealed micromissile launchers to name a few. Unlike their squishy bioware counterparts, cyberware has a considerable impact on ones' empathy and ability to connect with their fellow humans.

The difference is that bioware was created using genetic engineering.

If you're asking the difference between bioware and cyberware, that's clearer.

Bioware is, literally, grown to user specifications and applied with biosculpting operations.
Bioware allows for a host of generic improvements, as well as enabling someone to become a human/animal hybrid through the application of homegrown animal components such as fur, eyes, ears, and even organs.

Cyberware, however, is the fancy mechanical implants. Nanosurgeons, netrunner equipment, Mantis Blades and concealed micromissile launchers to name a few. Unlike their squishy bioware counterparts, cyberware has a considerable impact on ones' empathy and ability to connect with their fellow humans.

Really clear thanks you! So bioware is basically genetic engineering. Then i hope they will be a chunk of them in the game. Following what you have wrote about hybrid/human that seems really cool (i'm not a furry guy but being able to play the deshumanized hybrid beast looks cool). I'm asking me if the animal gang will use those hybridations, like their name suggest?

Last edited:
Really clear thanks you! So bioware is basically genetic engineering. Then i hope they will be a chunk of them in the game.
A certain amount will be, but it's mostly cyberware rather then genetic stuff simply because anyone can get a mechanical arm, to get a genetic one it needs to be tailored to your genetic code, VERY expensive.

Following what you have wrote about hybrid/human that seems really cool (i'm not a furry guy but being able to play the deshumanized hybrid beast looks cool). I'm asking me if the animal gang will use those hybridations, like their name suggest?
The Animals are not "animal hybrids" but rather humans that use steroids and such, along with copious amounts of good old fashion exercise to become, well, Schwarzenegger on steroids. The gang name is sort of a "survival of the fittest" thing rather then a "furry" one.

Keep in mind CP2077 multi-player is a first for CDPR.
As is customizable characters.
As is broader skill sets, perks, character stats.
Let them get all this done THEN worry about multi-character.

I personally think online-mode is gonna be solo-PVE.

Maybe Mike should give Cyberpunk license to Zenimax or SWTOR devs, to make MMORPG if that what players want.

Top Bottom