Are Heroes Or Hero Cards Unique?

+
Are Heroes Or Hero Cards Unique?

Some information came through from the Polish forums, but since I do not read Polish myself I was left confused as to what was actually meant.

If anyone from CDPR could clarify the rules on this subject I'd much appreciate it.
The question is this; are Hero cards unique, meaning you can only have one of each Hero card in your deck, or are Heroes themselves unique, meaning you cannot have both Geralt: Igni and Geralt Swordmaster in the same deck?

I read Polish information and I'm almost 100% sure that you can only have 4 hero cards in your decks which match your faction or are neutral. It doesn't matter if you have even 4 Geralt cards in your deck - I can be wrong but there isn't any limitation like that in the official deck builder.

That seem strange, cause the deck-builder will only let you have one Hero card of each, just like with Character cards.

I don't think that this is right. Though I can't provide a source that shows the opposite :)
Don't worry, 4 exactly same Geralt cards is definitely wrong. After all, you can only have up to 3 for the same troop cards!
:smiling2:

Last edited:
Don't worry, 4 exactly same Geralt cards is definitely wrong. After all, you can only have up to 3 for the same troop cards!
:smiling2:

Same Geralt cards ofc not. But for example Geralt: Igni, Geralt: Quen, Geralt: Aard and Geralt Swordmaster ;x

or are Heroes themselves unique, meaning you cannot have both Geralt: Igni and Geralt Swordmaster in the same deck?

I'm referring to this part of the first post :3

As mentioned, currently only 4 Hero cards can be selected for your deck. Another thing to note is that not all Hero cards are available for each faction, so it's unlikely that you'd be able to have 4 Geralt cards in all of your Hero slots.

As mentioned, currently only 4 Hero cards can be selected for your deck. Another thing to note is that not all Hero cards are available for each faction, so it's unlikely that you'd be able to have 4 Geralt cards in all of your Hero slots.

so it's still possible having 4 Geralts ,, Technically I don't see anything wrong with that since Geralt can use his sword (swordmaster card) and signs (Igni,Aard..etc)

that seems really bad, Igni is a clear whether a scorch and unit all in one card having 3 more cards like it everyone online will run 4 Geralt Seems fun. I think hero cards should be 1 special character 1 Triss 1 Zoltzan 1 Geralt it strange having an army of clones on one side of play you know?

that seems really bad, Igni is a clear whether a scorch and unit all in one card having 3 more cards like it everyone online will run 4 Geralt Seems fun. I think hero cards should be 1 special character 1 Triss 1 Zoltzan 1 Geralt it strange having an army of clones on one side of play you know?

Since Gwent is a army think of it less then clones and more of the same guy using a different skill EG there is one Geralt but he uses his Swords and Igni.

ANSWER:

"- I don't remember if there was a restriction to have more then one Geralt but I'm 75% that you can have as many as you want in pvp "

This was made by Rafal Jaki on my PAX Questions Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUB2bh6TF1g
He is one of the developers of Gwent.
He's clearing speaks about a possible restriction ins Single Player but no restriction in Multiplayer

I think, although he's 75%, clears up what everybody already thinks, you can have more than 1 Unique character in a Deck.
So we have 4 Hero limit but you ARE allowed a Geralt:Igni AND a Geralt:Swordmaster,
or Zoltan:The Brawler AND Zoltan:Animal Tamer

/end

Top Bottom