Are Mods coming to console ?

+
If cd projekt red says, would I like to implement this mod in the game? Yes, but not as a mod but as an upgrade.
for example, Sony isn't allowing to support mods.

If cd projekt red says, would I like to implement this mod in the game? Yes, but not as a mod but as an upgrade.
for example, Sony isn't allowing to support mods.

im not pretending to understand the specifics but Bethesda seemed to work out community created mods for console? :shrug:
The only rule was that the mod could not introduce user created content - so only assets that already existed in the game.

Not going to happen.
Bethesda have creation kit, is a tool to make game parts, CDPR have some extraction tools, the community makes the hard work. Bethesda had to make huge changes to get PS4 mods, and even so is limited, because sony have proprietary formats in almost everything, textures, sound etc... So the modders would need to have access to these tools, and sony will not let this happen.
For what i see as a modder myself, bethesda is easy to mod, other games like xcom and city skylines are too, they have dedicated tools for that, they want the community help their games, so you don´t have to spend much time "breaking the system" to make what you want to make.
So, back to start, not going to happen, CDPR will not release friendly tool to mod their games, they can help the community giving some info or the endorse, but i really don´t think they will release a modding tool like W2 have.
Just one observation, for what i see in the modding community, is very difficult to find a modder that makes good scripting/coding and artistic, for what i see, or is good in coding or in sculpting/texturing etc... Without a proper modding tool, you let just the good coding guys modding.
Another more thing i forgot to say... Skyrim, FO4, Cities Skyline, XCom etc... any game that have proper modding tool, let you add stuff to the game, CDPR games let just change stuff in the game.

Last edited:
Gawd I hope not. I consider mods as just another way or form of cheating and I wouldn't mod my game at all. I for one hope they don't bring mods to the console.
Right? I hate it when mods get introduced and automatically download themselves onto my game, completely ruining it with extra content, QOL patches, and fixes, without any choice on my part.
Sorry, I couldn’t help myself :LOL:

Right? I hate it when mods get introduced and automatically download themselves onto my game, completely ruining it with extra content, QOL patches, and fixes, without any choice on my part.
Sorry, I couldn’t help myself :LOL:
Yes that's exactly how I feel. I while back I used a few mods on my Diablo II game to get all unique legendary armor and weapons and it just killed the experience for me because now I got them for free and I didn't actually work for them and find them for myself. It totally killed the game for me and I said no more mods from here on out on any games.

Most likely not, it might be possible, but it requires a lot of work and planning. All games that do allow mods on consoles have an official editor. Even then the mods can't be as robust as on PC.

Apologies for the necro but I was about to post the same question as the OP. Having read the responses, thanks @ralfetas I understand a bit better why not.

I feel its a real shame, particularly given how slowly the update progress is going. It seems to me that the mod community has been the saving grace for cyberpunk in the short term. Most of the issues I would like fixed on console are already dealt with on pc if you have mods. Not in terms of new content but in terms of functionality.

I'd like to survey the console community on this one. How would you like to have mods liberated for consoles in the same fashion Skyrim liberated?
There are so many mods out there solving virtually all issues I still have with this game. Of course they'd have to be tweaked for console, some may not work but others would certainly.
How is this made somebody knows? Meaning how does a game receive permission for this? Who requests whom for it?
Cyberpunk has been an exception on refunds, the platforms allowing them where they otherwise didn't so wouldn't it apply to liberating mods created to solve the launch issues and continued not-knowing of development. I tell you if I could be playing CP with some of the mods I've seen out there I'd be a lot less sick of the game when/if CDPR releases official solutions.

I'd like to survey the console community on this one. How would you like to have mods liberated for consoles in the same fashion Skyrim liberated?
There are so many mods out there solving virtually all issues I still have with this game. Of course they'd have to be tweaked for console, some may not work but others would certainly.
How is this made somebody knows? Meaning how does a game receive permission for this? Who requests whom for it?
Cyberpunk has been an exception on refunds, the platforms allowing them where they otherwise didn't so wouldn't it apply to liberating mods created to solve the launch issues and continued not-knowing of development. I tell you if I could be playing CP with some of the mods I've seen out there I'd be a lot less sick of the game when/if CDPR releases official solutions.

It takes two things:

1) An official, user level modding toolset (like Bethesda's Creation Kit) with support for pushing to consoles through a service for QC (and permissions control for the console manufacturers, of course :rolleyes: ). In this example, it's an agreement between Bethesda, Sony, and Microsoft for Bethesda to set up the entire system, only allowing certain types of mods to be usable on console hardware as determined by Sony and Microsoft

and:

2) A modder willing to dedicate the time, effort, and hardware required into building, testing, and supporting console mods

There are plenty of modders willing to put in the time and effort to mod for consoles. Many already do (especially so in the case of Skyrim's console modders). But with no "official" toolset, and no support mechanisms for pushing QC'ed mods to consoles, it simply can't be done.

Console modding is really limited thx to the way it works too. The reason Bethesta games has such a huge modding community(on pc) is the added on functonality. Most of the mods that really change stuff is scripted outside of the base code. Think this is one reason we havent seen much "new" stuff in Cp2077 by modders yet but its mostly tweaking of already present stuff. Sadly they havent released a proper toolkit yet either. Bethesta is kinda living of the modders in some ways since they fix ALOT of stuff and provide content/gfx updates heck theres even flying mods.

Its like a whole new game if you mod it.

Top Bottom