Are ranked matches turned off?

+
I've won 4 matches in a row, but the mosaic hasn't filled in any pieces? Yes, I have ranked match box checked.

rrc

Forum veteran
I've won 4 matches in a row, but the mosaic hasn't filled in any pieces? Yes, I have ranked match box checked.
What happens is, you have played a casual game. You had unchecked "Ranked Progression" and played a casual. When you came back, you saw the check-box checked. So, you assumed you are playing Ranked and being ok with it and continued playing.

This is a bug in the UI. After every casual game, the UI shows that it is checked back, but it is infact unchecked. So, whenever you switch to casual and come back, uncheck-and-check and then play.

[PS: After casual, if you again uncheck and make it casual, it will be casual only. It doesn't toggle the accidental casual mode, but honors your user-action.]

DRK3

Forum veteran
Dont know if there's a thread about this, or im the only one.

This month, after a certain point, ranked mode stopped working - the ranked mode checkbox is on, but after the match, no ranked screen where they show the portrait pieces won or lost, so i guess i was playing casual.

I stopped playing, then came back a few days ago, and today i noticed the problem still persists. If its fixed when the season changes, im ok, i just fear it will be the same even with the new season, so im reporting it.

rrc

Forum veteran
Dont know if there's a thread about this, or im the only one.

This month, after a certain point, ranked mode stopped working - the ranked mode checkbox is on, but after the match, no ranked screen where they show the portrait pieces won or lost, so i guess i was playing casual.

I stopped playing, then came back a few days ago, and today i noticed the problem still persists. If its fixed when the season changes, im ok, i just fear it will be the same even with the new season, so im reporting it.
Dear @DRK3,
This is a UI bug. If you uncheck the Ranked Progression to play a casual game and you come out of the game, in the backend it is still casual, but the UI will show the Checkbox 'Checked' misleading that it is Ranked mode. If you play casual and want to play Ranked afterwards, you have to uncheck and check the "Ranked Progression" checkbox. Once you interact with the checkbox (UI), it will take your preference into account. Until then, it will show wrongly. I do this all the time. It will work 100% of the time. You have to remember to do this every time you play casual (and I hope it will be fixed tomorrow).
HTH!

Top Bottom