are the recommended levels just for show?

+
are the recommended levels just for show?

i restarted because i didn't know i should have load the last autosave so was running around Velen when i came across a level-4 Folet (just the only one).

defeated it without difficulty at level 4.

then i went ahead to get my well-earned loot only to discover it is actually a treasure-hunt related quest.

the key needed is actually just like few steps ahead and there were NO other enemies. completed the quest only to realize the recommended level is actually 18!

there is something seriously wrong when they think you need to be level-18 to kill a level-4 Folet!

or did i do something wrong and miss important items (the loot were lacklustre if it is really meant for level-18 characters).

Are you talking about the witcher gear quests? Cause I think that level is just the hihghest level enemy you encounter throughout. Not at every diagram location.

Also loot is levelled. You get loot intended for your level -usually-. Sometimes not, but typically you get loot for your level.

Tried to fight a level 6 bear when I was at level 2, took some time, but I did it, and some other cases in which I succeed beating a higher level enemies even though it took a little bit long fight and died over and over, I lost count. But tried that with a level 15 Noonwraith or Nightwraith while I'm at level 9 and I gave up, try it again at level 12 and I beat them. Some fights are plainly impossible if my levels are way below. What mode are you playing? I play with the Blood and Broken Bones mode

the key needed is actually just like few steps ahead and there were NO other enemies. completed the quest only to realize the recommended level is actually 18!

The problem of an open world. I did a level 10 quest and had to run through an area crawling with level 20 mobs to get there.

(the loot were lacklustre if it is really meant for level-18 characters).

A constant throughout. Gear level tends to me much lower than quest level or mob level.

The recommended levels are another thing that suffers, due to how the world is structured and how open it is. They attempted to mostly make each area accessible.

i restarted because i didn't know i should have load the last autosave so was running around Velen when i came across a level-4 Folet (just the only one).

defeated it without difficulty at level 4.

then i went ahead to get my well-earned loot only to discover it is actually a treasure-hunt related quest.

there is something seriously wrong when they think you need to be level-18 to kill a level-4 Folet!

or did i do something wrong and miss important items (the loot were lacklustre if it is really meant for level-18 characters).
Yes, I recall that foglet too. But I think it's just one buggy quest; generally quests reflect the level of creatures you'd have to fight fairly accurately. Try "the missing brother" for instance:)

I remember that quest too. And the quest only triggers after you defeat the foglet, by looting one of the corpses, and even then, the quest just involves interacting with the scene. So yeah, I don't even know if that particular quest should have had a level assigned to it in the first place.

There is another treasure hunt quest of the same level 18, where you have to fight about 5 or 6 lvl 10 drowners underwater. Both quest levels are probably an oversight, such things happen considering the amount of content this game has.

Are you talking about the witcher gear quests? Cause I think that level is just the hihghest level enemy you encounter throughout. Not at every diagram location.

Also loot is levelled. You get loot intended for your level -usually-. Sometimes not, but typically you get loot for your level.

I'm yet to get any gear for my level 23 Geralt... highest loot I've got is 20-21, and thats not often. To top it off with the exception of basic base damage even that level of equipment is significantly worse than some level 11-14 stuff I'm currently using.

As for the original question, it depends on the quest. Theres a lot of quests where you will run in to monsters who could be a way higher level than you. Some of the witcher contracts for example, try doing some rated for level 20+ when you are level 10. Odds are you will be dead in 1-3 hits.

Tried to fight a level 6 bear when I was at level 2, took some time, but I did it, and some other cases in which I succeed beating a higher level enemies even though it took a little bit long fight and died over and over, I lost count. But tried that with a level 15 Noonwraith or Nightwraith while I'm at level 9 and I gave up, try it again at level 12 and I beat them. Some fights are plainly impossible if my levels are way below. What mode are you playing? I play with the Blood and Broken Bones mode

only playing at story and sword because i cannot stand the waiting time to completely heal using only food/potions..

yeah, it is not accurate. some of them are difficult but some are way-overated by the game.

i can easily fight a group of lvl 9 bandits using only igni and axii and rolling around because they never chase u after a certain distance n u can just hit them with igni/axii, land a couple of hit (do not even need to block and just let them land a couple of hits), roll around, eat some raw meat, repeat.

---------- Updated at 01:52 PM ----------

I remember that quest too. And the quest only triggers after you defeat the foglet, by looting one of the corpses, and even then, the quest just involves interacting with the scene. So yeah, I don't even know if that particular quest should have had a level assigned to it in the first place.

There is another treasure hunt quest of the same level 18, where you have to fight about 5 or 6 lvl 10 drowners underwater. Both quest levels are probably an oversight, such things happen considering the amount of content this game has.

it really shouldn't, all that is guarding the loot is a level 4 folet and the trail to that place is not littered with high level enemies too.

Top Bottom