Are there any mentions of Saskia or Iorveth in the game?? (some spoiler)

+
Its strange as i imported a pro Iorveth save, where i freed Saskia and it would appear these decisions aren't accounted for in the Witcher 3. Hence i was surprised when Roche claims i never turned my back on him when i asked for his aid, when actually he should hate me for siding with Iorveth, also Phillipa seems to think that i didnt free saskia also. Don't get me wrong i'm not too annoyed as most games with save imports only have cameos normally at best anyway, but i was looking forward to the Iorveth Bromance continuing.

Of course having Saskia and/or Iorveth in the game would have been nice, but only a very limited amount of players would have ever met them.

Couldn't that have been said about Roche and Ves? Why include them?

The point is, it wouldn't have mattered if you included EVERYONE from TW2. Roche and Ves still live in Iorveths' path and Iorveth and Saskia are still alive on Roche's path. EVERYONE that plays TW3 would be able to meet them.

The only characters that would be harder to implement into the main story, but easily as side quests would be: Dethmold, Stennis, Siegfried, and Aryan.

CDPR dropped the ball on this is the biggest way possible.

Ahh that's sad to hear as I'm about to start my 2nd playthrough on a save that sided with Saskia and Ivoreth :(...

I think the issue is mainly that Roche is a big part of that Radovid Side Quests, that they perhaps had a hard time to find a suitable/similiar side quest if you sided with Saskia/Ivoreth. the expansion dlc will hopefully fix that.

Couldn't that have been said about Roche and Ves? Why include them?

The point is, it wouldn't have mattered if you included EVERYONE from TW2. Roche and Ves still live in Iorveths' path and Iorveth and Saskia are still alive on Roche's path. EVERYONE that plays TW3 would be able to meet them.

The only characters that would be harder to implement into the main story, but easily as side quests would be: Dethmold, Stennis, Siegfried, and Aryan.

CDPR dropped the ball on this is the biggest way possible.

Roche survives regardless of choices, if I remember correctly and he also stays somewhat of your ally either way, while Iorveth stays your enemy, if you side with Roche.

Saskia can actually die in both paths, if I remember correctly, since you can slay her at the end.

saskia can die in both parts, while iorveth, roche and ves stay alive in both parts and depending how you treated iorveth he isnt really your enemy if you side with roche, and roche still helps with henselt if you side with iorveth. at least thats what happened in my 4 playthroughs

Hopefully Iorveth is in Toussaint tasting fine wines or some shit and we have a run in with him in the expansion pack. Remember Iorveth´s dream from W2? That totally sounds like the kinda thing he would be into.

This is so disappointing. They literally just ignored half of the TW2, giving the people who sided with Iorveth/Saskia absolutely nothing. What really frustrates me is that they found room to include Vess and Thaler, but not Saskia or Iorveth. Really? Thaler. That's what you went with.

So much for finding out about what happened to my favorite character and her newly established state. Apparently, CDPR didn't feel like that was even worth a journal entry.

Roche survives regardless of choices, if I remember correctly and he also stays somewhat of your ally either way, while Iorveth stays your enemy, if you side with Roche.

Saskia can actually die in both paths, if I remember correctly, since you can slay her at the end.

Iorveth doesn't quite become your enemy on Roche path, there's an option to help him fight off the Kaedweni troops when infiltrating Vergen with Roche and he's begrudgingly thankful.

This is so disappointing. They literally just ignored half of the TW2, giving the people who sided with Iorveth/Saskia absolutely nothing.

And they gave people who sided with Roche exactly what? Anais for all intents and purposes might have never existed. It's not like Saskia and Iorveth are irrelevant on Roche's path, in fact Saskia has an awesome chat with Geralt there.

Saskia's role however in the grand scheme of things was done with. She tried everything she could to create an egalitarian state and she failed miserably. One potential victory against an army engaging in a stupid bull rush of an attack on a fortified town was never gonna count for much and with the Lodge being crushed after Loc Muinne she would have meant far less then before. Saskia without the help of Phillipa is no one.

Iorveth and the Scoia'Tael are a very different matter and they could have had a major role in the story IF CDPR had decided to continue their racial conflict plot line that they started in TW1, but they didn't have that plot line, they didn't introduce it in any meaningful way and as such Iorveth has no role in TW3.

Can we confirm that the talk with Philippa is bugged? That is, you need to have freed her in order to ask Phillipa about Saskia and not the other way around.

Top Bottom