Are there Bots in Gwent?

+
The problem with this bot is it doesnt inject into the gwent client, so its relatively hard to detect. On the positive side, its easy to recognize with its constant switching of hovering over cards (even while playing or selecting cards.

On Merchant's stream there was a very suspicious one. I guess i am not allowed to link the video in the forums though.

Last edited:
MystereSC;n10317552 said:
constant switching of hovering over cards

With this, do you mean more like very fast blinking, or something more like the AI does in practice matches?

Just asking, because that fast "blinking" between cards started to happen after December patch. At least I have never seen it before during the entire beta. I have always thought that it could be related to some changes in game. It would be very weird if there suddenly, just at the same time when that patch went live, there would have been that many bots. Since I see this happening a lot.

However, if someone sees something suspicious, you can send those detailed video links or other reports privately to Support. No name and shame here on the forums.

I don't say that there aren't any bots in the game, but I'm sure that there are lots of weird connection problems, bugs and players who don't always know what they are doing. Few times even I have had so problematic matches (connection wise) and I have made so many stupid mistakes on a row, that I have wondered if the opponent thinks I'm a bot.

I would never assume its a bot because of weird plays. It was the mechanical hovering of every card that was very suspicious, and even with a gamepad its not possible to emulate these actions. I have send the video to support, thanks for linking.

I would say I encountered two brouver bots for some days and minimal two different accounts, playing both the same resilient dwarf deck with some weird playing: Playing all cards in a round that was lost for opponent in any case, playing an empty royal decree and so on. There are definitively bots around.

And I know the names, now I instantly forfeit, if I encounter them...

Last edited:
Let me try this from a different angle:

I'm willing to bet that someone (probably several someones), somewhere, may have developed a bot to play the game. But I don't know this. We can all speculate until my chocolate melts (which may take a considerable amount of time -- there's a lot of it), but that doesn't bring us one step closer to confirming these speculations.

If you think you've found something, try to gather evidence (mostly in the form of recordings of the gameplay), and send the data into CDPR Support. Quietly and privately. Especially if you encounter them several times...get a few recordings and send them in. There is little else that will be more effective in dealing with the issue.

I believe there are bots in Gwent. There's a player called megalinkbot, which I actually think is a bot lol. I don't know for sure though. I remember encountering lots of players that seemed like bots because they would always stack the melee row with units even if that row had Skellige Storm on it. It was weird, that was like 3-4 months ago though.

If CDPR wants to place the problem of the bots with us (making us report) then they should make a goodworking easy to click ingame report feature.

Last edited:
DRK3;n10239102 said:
Honestly, the one behaviour i cant see any other explanation than it's a bot im playing against is the 'card highlighting'.

Im sure you've seen it: highlighting two cards back and forth in quick succession, that it couldnt be from a keyboard, a mouse or a controller. Unless its a game bug and the opponent isnt actually putting its cursor on those cards, im sure its a damn bot.

The same thing happened to me today. The weirdest thing was, that somehow 2 cards separated by a row was highlighted after each other (the first card was in the melee row, the second in the siege row, and the highlight switched between them continuously, but never went to the card between those two) Sadly I started recording only in the 3rd round and nothing suspicious happened after
The opponent clearly made some misplays so I thought for a second that I'm playing against a bot, but it was on ranked and my opponent was at 3774 MMR. Maybe the highlighting is only a visual bug. At least I'm hoping... But of course you can manage to reach rank 19 with a negative win rate, so who knows? The game is sadly about vomiting points these days, maybe it is not a big deal to write a code to make the process automatic

took a video basically where a dwarf deck just waits till timer runs out and it discards the cards?
that player didnt use them ?
is it possible in 2 straight rounds to get it?
where can i send videos to?

Last edited:
Top Bottom