Are There Going to Be TV and Radio Stations?

+
Ok here is what we have so far:

91.1 FM The Signal
DJ: Replay (Female)
This Pirate Radio station is run by a group of Netrunners called the Digital Renegades. They play Funk, classic and new, and between songs they give you the latest news of the Combat Zone, gang movements and disputes in the cities... and where to watch out for police.... Suggested bands : George Clintin/P. Funk (Atomic Dog), Earth Wind And Fire (Let's Groove, Dance Dance Dance) , Isaac Hayes (Shaft Theme), Bobby Womack (Across 110th street), Curtis Mayfield (Superfly), 1 Oz Jig (Brand New Day), Infectious Grooves (Violent and Funky), Gorillaz (Shoeshine)

101.0 The Mic
DJ: Uncle Mike or Maximum Mike, or Uncle Maximum (played by Mike Pondsmith)
This station plays music... I am thinking Instrumentals... like Fusion and Acid Jazz. Between the songs, Mike broadcasts the latest exploits of the player, tells us about possible story clues, and offers unfiltered news, as an alternative to the Corporate Media controlled news of the other stations. Tune in here to get the real scoop of whats going on in the city and the world. He also every now and then sends out coded messages, that just sound like static... until he meets you in person, where he gives you a code that unlocks the static, then you here them as instructions he sends out to various edgerunners. Suggested Bands: The Seatbelts (Tank from the Cowboy Bebop Soundtrack), Beastie Boys (Sabrosa), Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock, Herb Alpert, Jaco Pastorious, Thelonious Monk, Ronald Jenkees

Nostalgia FM:
DJ: ?
80's-ish pop, when it was fun... Men At Work, Duran Duran, etc...

FACTORY FLOOR 98.9
Industrial music, Nine Inch nails, Ministry, KMFDM, My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult, etc...

Revolution 106.7
Highly political music, punk, rap, hybrids... Rage Against The Machine, The Clash, Fishbone, Star Fucking Hipsters, Andrew Jackson Jihad, NOFX,

105.3 MAX-TECHNO - Suggested by Diamondhead
As seen in the Night City Sourcebook.
DJ's ran by AI and Netrunners.
Underground Techno -(Examples of REAL Techno DJ's; Carl Cox, Adam Beyer with Drumcode Podcast, Chris Liebing with CLR Podcast, L.A.'s Droid Behavior with D-Node Podcast, Dubfire, Lee Burridge, Nicole Moudaber, anything from Detroit like Robert Hood and Richie Hawtin the techno God, also Sven Vath) So much good underground.

99.6 The Dust
DJ: ? (preferably female)
Nomad Music... Very Eclectic Mix of songs about being on the road, or being outlaws, or songs with a post apocalypse feel.... things like Rodrigo Y Gabriella, Santa Esmerelda (Dont Let Me Be Misunderstood), Tina Turner (We Dont Need Another Hero),

EBM station with bands like Le Syndicat (http://youtu.be/f9HFuJeImOU), Front 242 (http://youtu.be/awnKnBusJYs), Front Line Assembly (http://youtu.be/PJdt25fl9oI), Nitzer Eb (http://youtu.be/x0HsjYtdAKM), KMFDM (http://youtu.be/FMHQ2a7-FCQ), Covenant (http://youtu.be/ZAj0ypjOXao).

A hard core punk station, no green day bullshit.

Some Type of Japanese/Korean Pop station... like Fumami in GTA 2.

Some type of classic rock station

Some type of metal station

And of course a bunch of other techno stations which seem underground today, but would be the staples of corporate/popular sound in the cyberpunk world.

i want all of them :)

[...] and I think I permanently shut off the SR3 soundtrack after hate first day of playing it.... Christ its soundtrack was bad (douche fact.... they had Digital Underground play their premiere party, but didn't give them a track on the game.... man those guys are wankers) [...]
So being able to import your own songs would be fucking awesome... especially since I already have my ideal cyberpunk soundtracks...

I had "You're the best" in the playlist for therapeutic reasons XD, there were some good songs, not as good as GTA VC/SA (mainly).

If they let us import music I hope they do it like GTAIV did. Sure, it doesn't make sense that you hear commercials in your MP3 selection, but they sure were hilarious (those that denounced how you were clearly using illegally downloaded mp3s XD)... wait, in a cyberpunk setting they may make more sense... or maybe using illegally downloaded mp3s can gain you notoriety (like visiting certain webs in GTAIV). Oh, here comes the IT Crowd guy...

Also, i see how you guys are mostly proposing existing bands over... well, trying to imagine the future of music. That's to be expected and maybe the best solution, sometimes when you try to make a work of art that isn't so much about music itself or other kind of art you are due to embarrass yourself if you try and depict "the most haunting melody in history", or "the best movie in history". It's also an exercise in humility. But still, games have music expressly composed for their soundtracks... so maybe the composing efforts should be dedicated to making this future music, even if they are just some songs complementing a playlist of "existing" songs. What's the best way to do this? The Love Fist way in Vice City? Virtual bands like Gorillaz or Vocaloid? Giving obscure indie bands and rising talents a chance at this giving them also publicity?

I said this in another topic, but I also believe that CDPT should let us have our own favorite songs imported within the game (incase the in-game OST gets repetitive, which in time it would). Though, I do trust them to choose songs for the game personally I will say they should have almost every genre of music that fits the game world in CP77 (Electronica, Classics, Rock, etc).

You could have a DJ for a mashup radio station who constantly gets facts wrong on the original artists of songs or thinks the mashups he has are the originals because a lot of these songs and artists would be so old by 2077 that they could easily be forgotten, depending on how the internet in the CP 2077 universe would hold up. If the internet becomes a massive wikipedia of user-edited BS, then that would give all the more reason for misinformation. :p

I would love an all underground house and techno station. Playing the classic techno tracks of today.

With all the sub-genres they entail together from deep house to acid techno and whatever in between, since they play well together anyways.

Should come from a pirate radio station. Alas, I must have said this hundreds of times already before today.

Ok here is what we have so far:

Nostalgia FM:
80's-ish pop, when it was fun... Men At Work, Duran Duran, etc...

I think it should renamed to "Vintage FM", because 80s would indeed be vintage (instead of simply old) by the year 2077.

Last edited:
I wouldn't want radio stations like those in GTA. Well, talk radio's at most and one that plays the players own MP3's should he want to assemble such. Want to listen Cannibal Corpse on loop, go ahead, want to listen to endless batches of trance, go ahead, want some Sinatra, go ahead, want to listen to your own selfmade music, go ahead. There's a station for all your musical needs; add in scripted commercials between songs to lose the feeling it being just an MP3 player. Voila.

One of the reasons I wouldn't want music stations is... Well, the setting of CP2077 is... 60 years from now (people now listen to shit like Rihanna and the like, 60 years ago the big name was someone like Elvis - see the difference, now imanige how different popular music will be 60 years from now). To hear them play only 60-year-old and older songs as if music production stopped in 2017, would feel as stupid as the radiostations in the nuFallout's that suggest there was no new music made after 1950's. Plus, lisencing songs can be very costly with the actual benefits of it being... not much. Such resources could be better spent elsewhere, in my opinion.

Speaking about talk radio's, this kind of stuff is what I mean (not necessarily a similiar parody, but people talking local politics and events and stuff), great station, and funny:

One "oldies" station playing 2017 music would be fine.
I'd like to see a "Talk" station similar to what they did in Bloodlines. If your character blows up a building that SHOULD be in the news.

I think they should have a pirate radio station: KRUD radio with the D.J "Ashley Roachclip" (Its a guy.). (Idea is from an old "Cheech and Chong" comedy album.). What would they play? Stoner music, of course ( The Grateful Dead, Phish, Cyprus Hill, Afroman, etc..) and also some talk radio bits about the insane prices of drugs on the streets (Maybe a couple of good tips for the street dealing fixer? Knowledge IS, after all, power, kids.). You also have to have some ads for "Acapulco Gold Filters." " Genetically engineered to be a STONEY three hits longer. (Jingle): "No stems, no seeds. That, you don't need. Acapulco Gold is..... BAD ASS WEED!!!!"

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n10153092 said:
It would be nice to have a host who is having mental problems due to too much cyberwares and he or she gets even crazier as the game progresses.

That would be hilariously awesome. Yes, please.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10153092 said:
It would be nice to have a host who is having mental problems due to too much cyberwares and he or she gets even crazier as the game progresses.
I like it !

Hi,
there also could be gameplay elements in this, not just the music.

Imagine quest like this:
Mad bad guy called "Big daddy, executer" (he is about the same nature as Joker from Batman) kidnaps some friendly NPC;
and also manages to take control of some radio/television frequency.
He contacts player perriodically (maybe even publicly - like setting to all televisions in city) and wants something to release "part of the hostage".
If player follows his requests, he will no harm his hostage (let the parts together), but if player doesn't fullfil one of his requirements,
he will cut part of his hostage and send it to player like a warning.
So bassically, player gets NPC back at the end - it just depends on how much has he tried hard to keep all the parts together and alive.
There could be several scenarios like trying to find and kill this Joker, negotiating with him, fullfiling his requests, etc ...

There also could be some secret/private frequencies etc, which player would be able to spy, etc...

0248991;n10155122 said:
Hi,
there also could be gameplay elements in this, not just the music.

Imagine quest like this:
Mad bad guy called "Big daddy, executer" (he is about the same nature as Joker from Batman) kidnaps some friendly NPC;
and also manages to take control of some radio/television frequency.
He contacts player perriodically (maybe even publicly - like setting to all televisions in city) and wants something to release "part of the hostage".
If player follows his requests, he will no harm his hostage (let the parts together), but if player doesn't fullfil one of his requirements,
he will cut part of his hostage and send it to player like a warning.
So bassically, player gets NPC back at the end - it just depends on how much has he tried hard to keep all the parts together and alive.
There could be several scenarios like trying to find and kill this Joker, negotiating with him, fullfiling his requests, etc ...

There also could be some secret/private frequencies etc, which player would be able to spy, etc...

Neat idea. I definitely like the idea of a bad guy tampering with the radio, but I don't quite agree with the specifics. Sounds like this is going to be a pretty low-level (Street-level) story, so I don't think there will be any "big bads" in the traditional sense of the word.

But if you've pissed off some corporate asshat, it would be cool if he takes over your radio to taunt you or something. Not sure how possible that is in the CP universe, but it'd be neat!

I'm not saying I want to have my character sit on her/his ass all day watching TV or listening to music all day ( I lied. I AM gonna listen to Samurai all fuckin' day), what I'm saying is that I'm just a little curious as how deep is this game's world with the media?

Are we just gonna see the news through cutscenes, like, because of some outcome from out previous mission or can we manually do that in our character's home?

Is it too soon to ask?

Top Bottom