Are there non missions related Braindances?

+
This seems like a huge missed opportunity. Granted I have only begun to explore Night city, so maybe I have missed it if it's there, but what is the point of Judy letting you keep the headset, and what is the point of being able to buy more BDs if you can't actually use them? I do notice that when I hover over purchased BDs it says software not compatible, so perhaps I need new cyberware? What about Lizzie's Bar? I haven't been back there since I had to be there for a mission, but is there someone there to talk to about Braindances?

Haven't finished the game but I'm willing to bet that like with 99% of the items in the game, these are useless and only exist for lore. Would be nice if we could view them. Would add some interactiveness to the game.

Vejsa

Forum regular
It's a shame that braindance has no functionality other than a couple of missions. I was excited for the possibility of exploring the late 21st century's ultimate entertainment system, but instead we were handed it a couple of times on a plate and told "that's it". I hope the "incompatible software" means that perhaps in a future update or DLC, functional entertainment braindance will be available.

Yes, it would be nice if we could use braindances outside of missions to plan our own custom heists in Night City.

I'm pretty far into the game and I can say there are quite a few more brain dance sequences but they are all mission related. All good though, especially a certain criminal psychology one. They seem to do a great job at giving insight on a person's motives.

scrubbing through blurry footage in braindance using "Q" & "E" at stupidly slow preset speeds is the easily the most BORING thing I've ever done in a video game.

Brain Dance is built up like something crazy fun, but it's straight up work.
Let me see what that dude in the booth is seeing.. but wait.. that's going to be stupid blurry too. so.. forget it..

It's a shame that braindance has no functionality other than a couple of missions. I was excited for the possibility of exploring the late 21st century's ultimate entertainment system, but instead we were handed it a couple of times on a plate and told "that's it". I hope the "incompatible software" means that perhaps in a future update or DLC, functional entertainment braindance will be available.

Considering the games "drug dealers" sell medicine instead of drugs I wouldn't get your hopes up unless you can get excited for a braindance about what it's like to play spin the bottle. CDPR wussed out so hard on the maturity aspect of the game it's unreal. Chicago in real life is 10X more dystopian than CDPR's Night City.

Top Bottom