Are there settings for footprints ?

+
Hello dear CDPJD,

(1) There are area, Geralt did leave footprints on the ground, but I have heard people said that the areas has been hugely reduced and it can only be seen on PS4 platform. I seldom see the footprints too on almost areas.

So, I just wondering are there settings for footprints in user setting.ini? or mod that can do the trick so the foorprints can be more visible on certain areas?

(2) It is weird to see dust effect when Geralt slowly walking indoor on some really clean floor. Is it possible to tune it down in indoor area?

Moderator please, if you know something, do tell. They are no big deal, but I want to enjoy your game more since it is such a good game.

Sincerely, Tom.

I am a new comer, the forum only allows me to start a thread in technical section.

Sorry for any inconvenience. And thanks for the reply.

There is a setting for Detail Level in the graphical options is what controls things like decals and particle effects. (I know it sounds like it should affect things like draw distance, but it doesn't affect the geometry at all, from what I know.) I don't believe there's a simply tweak in user.settings to further affect this.

There are, however, already mods that have increased the decal limit and lifetime (for additional blood and what have you). The major problem may be the sheer number of decals that the game would need to keep track of if every NPC, monster, and goose is leaving tracks all over the place.

There is a setting for Detail Level in the graphical options is what controls things like decals and particle effects. (I know it sounds like it should affect things like draw distance, but it doesn't affect the geometry at all, from what I know.) I don't believe there's a simply tweak in user.settings to further affect this.

There are, however, already mods that have increased the decal limit and lifetime (for additional blood and what have you). The major problem may be the sheer number of decals that the game would need to keep track of if every NPC, monster, and goose is leaving tracks all over the place.

So, if I want to see footprint more often, to increase the decal limit is one option?

I know some blood mod did tell us to adjust some variable of some decal limit in user.setting. Not sure if those variables are for foot prints though.

Thanks for the reply. Wish there are more info on this matter. Leaving footprints on the grounds does make the game more immersive.
Post automatically merged:

I found out that the most obvious part for Geralt to leave his foot print on the ground so far is the ground around Bloody Baron's house.

Only when he stand still then taking his walk. If you walk too fast, the track will be really ambiguous.

I did change these in user setting though....

DecalBudget=350
SwarmHideDistance=800
DecalsHideDistance=400
DimmerHideDistance=400
DynamicDecalsHideDistance=400
StripeHideDistance=400
DynamicDecalsLimit=8800
DynamicDecalsChunkLimit=8800
DecalsSpawnDistanceCutoff=20

and TextureMipBias=-10

Not sure what is for what , have to look into it a bit.

Last edited:

Guest 3841499

TextureMipBias=-10 = super-shimmer. You can't do much with footprints...

Top Bottom