Are we able to carry 50 guns and 20 jackets?

+
i understand that making Eddies is to sell stuff you find... but walking around with 300kg of gear is really not that easy...

Is 2077 more focused on jobs then hording?

or what do you think is the best way to make eddies?

Hopefully not.

There obviously needs to be pocket room for miscellaneous pickups, but I'm hoping the system focuses more on choosing a certain loadout where there's more or less extra pocket space based on what you're wearing and bringing with you.

Something like the inventory in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mixed with Deus Ex where you have main weapon and a side weapon and a finite inventory space as well as carryweight limit.

I didn't see corpse looting in the demo aside from picking up a quest item, but I do hope I can loot the enemies for what ever they might be carrying (and possibly even examine the corpses... they might have organs to harvest, they might have cyber to harvest, one could learn something about anatomy by examining them with an appropriate skill...).

Guest 4211861

It will probably be like W3, you don't carry them, but the horse carries roomy saddlebags for all your stuff.

Which is the best reason to drive a van in CP2077, maximum carry weight.

My guess is we have an apartment for all our stuff & presumably a vehicle that could serve as a place to change equipment/pick up more supplies.

this has always bothered me. no you get to pick what weapons you want at the start of the day. u can only carry 2. so this makes it a tough but fun choice. you can always go back to your apartment and change.

Is this inventory design question? It's still a work in progress, but we can read some of their goals here

2018-08-27-22_34_45-Cyberpunk-2077-Gameplay-Reveal-—-48-minute-walkthrough-YouTube.jpg

My own take?

For equipped gear, let the player click on every item ( that you see here on V)
and this brings up 3D models with item properties, on the side.
Use colored bars, for easy comparison between stats, like this

957280468.jpg

Backpack as grid system. Typically on a mission, you find one or two gear items you want to take with you, it should feel rare. Rest of "loot" valuables more in form of smaller objects...so player does not end up breaking the economy by looting x amount of generic pistols or dozen armors, etc.

Basically, combination of load out+grid.

Plus auto sorting, so it does not drag the game with playing inventory Tetris.

Oooh, inventory time! :cool:

I do hope that you actually can carry a lot of loot, in a very well-managed inventory system, but be severely encumbered by it, until you can't walk at all. I mean not without toppling over. :LOL:

I watched CP2077 gameplay wondering why V didn't pick up a single enemy weapon, or at least look around for more loot.

300 kg seems too much though....well unless you have the..."guns"...for carrying it! ;)
See what I did there...no?
As in...heavy augmentation...

Nevermind... :cool:
Post automatically merged:

Regarding picking up weapons...and selling them.

In Deus Ex: HR, as well as the original, if you already possessed the weapon in your inventory, picking up another of the same kind turned it into ammunition. If you already sported a submachine gun, picking up another smg turned it into smg-ammo.

So that made me, and I can't believe I share this, pick up and transport EVERY SINGLE WEAPON I found. Mostly I found them on thugs I had knocked out. :p
So I took them, one at a time, taking my time, walking across the map until I was in a position(and I do mean close enough to a vendor)to sell them.

Yeah, good times. Also, I have no life to speak of. :giggle:

What I'm trying to say is that I really hope the devs don't use the same system, but instead allow us to pick up a lot of weapons, however with an encumbrance penalty affecting stats.

A gun is a gun, not to be magically transferred into ammunition.

Breaking down weapons into parts though, yeah I'm all for it, but only if it's my choice, at a workbench or some such.

Last edited:
did the same ^^
but instead to picking up a gun that transform in ammo is like.. you take the ammo out of the gun and trow the gun in the oblivion pit.

it would be immersive and logical if you send a scavenger team after a fight to pick up all the stuff and get like 70% of the value / stuff. (the items you can not carry your self bcz it is just to much.

no idea what just happened here....

but i quoted:
So that made me, and I can't believe I share this, pick up and transport EVERY SINGLE WEAPON I found. Mostly I found them on thugs I had knocked out. :p
So I took them, one at a time, taking my time, walking across the map until I was in a position(and I do mean close enough to a vendor)to sell them.

Something like the inventory in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mixed with Deus Ex where you have main weapon and a side weapon and a finite inventory space as well as carryweight limit.
Literally my thoughts.
Inventory system in STALKER is quite good, you can pick up weapons and unload ammo/remove upgrades from them. Will be cool if we get same system in CP2077.

I think a slightly more graceful solution to inventory space is having an unlimited storage space in a portable container or having a vehicle acting as a container, but not on your character. I still don't like that, but it would be better than having weirdly large inventory space on ones person.

Also, somehow I think a "gymbag of holding" would be stretching things too far.

Is this inventory design question? It's still a work in progress, but we can read some of their goals here

View attachment 10978166

My own take?

For equipped gear, let the player click on every item ( that you see here on V)
and this brings up 3D models with item properties, on the side.
Use colored bars, for easy comparison between stats, like this

View attachment 10978172

Backpack as grid system. Typically on a mission, you find one or two gear items you want to take with you, it should feel rare. Rest of "loot" valuables more in form of smaller objects...so player does not end up breaking the economy by looting x amount of generic pistols or dozen armors, etc.

Basically, combination of load out+grid.

Plus auto sorting, so it does not drag the game with playing inventory Tetris.

My own take sadly is vastly different... you have 4 weapon slots and that's it.. i don't see space for piking up object this also embraces the theory that ennemies can't be looted if not for ammo and guns you can swap.. No final maybe but that seems the sort of inventory you can find more in shooter than in rpgs.

Said that i hope in a realistic approach but i really doubt it will happen.. You can pick as much of you want until become unrealistic ((gta style wheel of weapon or doom like)) what bugs me is i don't see a space for generic thing you can pick up and i have this strong feelings that you will be able only to pick up mission objects ammo or weapon to swap with your slot...

I think it would be amusing if V had a wagon they pulled behind them, piled down with gear and weapons. Have there be moments in the game where the wagon gets stuck and V must choose between taking an extra risk to their life to save their stuff or abandoning the wagon and losing most of their belongings.

Glad someone brought this up. There's nothing more immersion breaking than an inventory full of clutter, I cant help but imagine Suhiira's image.

Here's what we've been given:

1537972072924.png

• Backpack tab.
  • Four slots for equipped guns.
  • 'Looted Items'
When looting items, you're prompted with 'take' and 'loot'. So we definitely have secondary inventory for non-equipped items, probly the backpack tabs use.

1537972350255.png

Really hoping they lean in on the 'armory' V's apartment has, where you'll leave the bulk of your gear and choose only what you want for that specific outing.

1537972400508.png

TL;DR: CDPR Please limit inventory space so I don't imagine my character looking like this:

I am always a pack rat and want to pick up EVERYTHING. Towards that end, I've always used mods that remove inventory restrictions, which, incidentally, is the only gameplay mod I tend to use. Yeah, it's not very realistic.

I didn't see corpse looting in the demo aside from picking up a quest item, but I do hope I can loot the enemies for what ever they might be carrying (and possibly even examine the corpses....
You loot Dum Dum (May he rest in peace) to get that Spider Bot chip

Hopefully weight not grid.
I HATE inventory Tetris.
For every opinion like this there's a dozen complaining about encumbrance and weight limit.

I prefer tetris. It makes sense, it's believable in a sense that you pockets have limited space, not just weight limit. Weight limit is a frustrating mechanic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom