Are we all over hyping a little bit?

+
Are we all over hyping a little bit?

Ok, before you bite my head off. Let me say I loved both witchers and have an intense love for ALL rpgs.

But I think we are all over speculating and hyping a little early in the development. So early in fact. We have completely no Idea what we are hyping. I know we have CP2020 as an amazing reference. From what I read here and elsewhere. People are saying It's gonna be skyrim, grand theft auto5 and blade runner, and the witcher with flying cars had a baby, and that baby then took steriods, then became a super saiyan, after blowing those games into oblivion.

Do we really know that? We don't know what the combat is gonna look like. It could very well be turn based. We don't know if we can go on a total rampage and kill whoever we want when we want. Also whose to say we can jack flying cars and jump out of them fifth element style? Or even if we can steal cars at all?

Really for all we know it could be top down diablo style. Or be like KOTR style combat. Most likely not but you get my point.

And for what the promised us so far, sounds nearly impossible. The say they want the trailer to be pretty much in game footage. How can you make a godly gta skyrim like that? As far as I know, the tech is not there yet. Now maybe with a 2016-18 gaming rig, I can see. But how can they even start to make that with the pcs they have right now? It to me doesn't seem possible.

My last note, is they sorta call this a project, not a full on game grind "now get to work I'm paying you 18$ an hr" in the making. Meaning it could be 5+ years before we see it playable at E3. With all what they say, this is most likely the case.

Now look, I'm not being a hater or a troll. I want this game to be as big and as perfect as we imagine.

I just think we should tone down our speculation until they tell us more.

What do you guys think? Should we tone it down? Or explain why I am way off. Just be gental with flame pls ;)

They built up alot of goodwill with me thanks to Witcher 2 stuff and Their GOG.com site.

so i don't doubt they can do it

Yeah, but this is when the megahype belongs. After the first teaser trailer that's pretty much just art. Near its release it'll be subdued because we'll have an idea of how the game'll actually be, but right now, speculating the possibilities is fun.

Eh it's fun to speculate and developers really do listen to their fans these days. Doesn't hurt to plant a few seeds.

The hype is probably way over the top, but nothing wrong with that. Take a look at MechWarrior Online for an example of hype going crazy and the product not making it. All of us Battletech fans had been waiting a decade for some new game to pop up, and when we heard of MWO we thought it would be like hopping into a 'Mech and tearing it up like the books. Cartwheels, persistent universe and everything. Naturally it wasn't and still isn't, but when you see that some franchise you love is getting this kind of attention then the natural response is to got "OMGWTFBBQ!" and toss any realistic constraints out the window.

Am I saying it won't be everything and more? No. I'm just saying let's have our fun hyping it up now and adjust-fire as we get more info. The game is a long ways away, so it can't hurt to guess a little.

I have no reason to doubt CDPR. People just inflate the whole thing by themselves in their heads and then somehow blame the developers for not making what they engineered in their minds. It's cool though, there's 2 years of wait for this, people's heads will cool.

The hype is probably way over the top, but nothing wrong with that. Take a look at MechWarrior Online for an example of hype going crazy and the product not making it. All of us Battletech fans had been waiting a decade for some new game to pop up, and when we heard of MWO we thought it would be like hopping into a 'Mech and tearing it up like the books. Cartwheels, persistent universe and everything. Naturally it wasn't and still isn't, but when you see that some franchise you love is getting this kind of attention then the natural response is to got "OMGWTFBBQ!" and toss any realistic constraints out the window.

Am I saying it won't be everything and more? No. I'm just saying let's have our fun hyping it up now and adjust-fire as we get more info. The game is a long ways away, so it can't hurt to guess a little.

But should we not press the makers for more info rather then go overboard? Maybe start a little revolution? Like GTA and the like. They keep everything hush hush and just give us tid bits. Why not start a movement to make game industry give us information when they have it instead of keeping their fans in the dark for 6months at a time and tell us when they feel like it?

Hell even Justin Bieber constantly spouts out on twitter what he does at all time. And his job has no art or years of work put into his album like video games do.

Why can't "real entertaiment" do the same?

Maybe we could of been spared the Mass Effect tragedy

Ok, before you bite my head off. Let me say I loved both witchers and have an intense love for ALL rpgs.

But I think we are all over speculating and hyping a little early in the development.

Nope. It's the perfect stage to be hyped up. Actual game is years away and you want a nice swell of early adopters, enthusiasts and hardcore fans. Get a good base down, get the wiki up, ( it is!), set a community standard for friendliness, enthusiasm and appreciation.

Speculate like mad - this is before CDPR starts cutting down our hopes, dreams and crazy ideas with harsh reality. So go nuts! Dream big! Tell them what you want and hope for!

Reality will close in soon enough.

It's like Christmas - half the fun is the lead-up. And we get two years of lead up. Savour it, because once you have the game, you are down to your last few hours before you see the end credits roll.

Right now I think everyone is just ecstatic that we have a new cyberpunk (genre) game on the way. The fact that CDPR has such excellent art direction to boot is making us salivate even more. It's a rare opportunity for cyberpunk fans, so we're enjoying the heck out of it!

And like some have said before, devs watch forums nowadays, so we might be providing valuable ideas to the CDPR team while we party :)

Hype isnt unusual for any game, i think we should just accept it as, it'll be the same for the next game and the next game and the next.

Let's have our fun now. You'll see how people will start being critical when the first gameplay videos come out. Everyone's gonna be raging about something else.

Hell even Justin Bieber constantly spouts out on twitter what he does at all time. And his job has no art or years of work put into his album like video games do.

CDPR, nor any game developer, is beholden to keep us updated on everything they do.

This is a brand new game, a brand new franchise... they, as well as we, are coming in to this without an example to build from really.

Hell the game is only in the very beginning stages of development, and the developers have actively shown they are willing to at least listen to us on some level. That's what makes this so special, so important, and why we, especially the people who have been playing the tabletop game for decades now, are so hyped and excited.... Because there is the hope, that just maybe, we can toss ideas out there, and have them heard, and possibly implemented...

If they had in game mechanics to show us, it would be to late... the engine and framework would already be laid down. What they are doing is monumental... they are letting the fans in on the ground floor of development of a brand new property. Hell most companies who are churning out sequel number quadjillion to their most popular franchise don't even do that.

To complain because they aren't showing us enough, or telling us enough, is missing the point entirely, and more than a little bit audacious and arrogant. They are doing something I have never even heard of a game company doing it before, and they are doing it with a property that I, and many others, love extremely dearly....

To compare that to Justin Bieber tweeting about his bowel movements he calls songs, is kind of silly.

But should we not press the makers for more info rather then go overboard? Maybe start a little revolution? Like GTA and the like. They keep everything hush hush and just give us tid bits. Why not start a movement to make game industry give us information when they have it instead of keeping their fans in the dark for 6months at a time and tell us when they feel like it?

Maybe we could of been spared the Mass Effect tragedy

Justin Bieber can afford to spout BECAUSE his job has no art or years of work put into his album. And Mass Effect rage happened because Mass Effect didn't meet up to the promises.

Too much changes during development on video games. Anything they say now may never happen, and it'll just upset those who treat it as a written-in-blood promise.

CDPR, nor any game developer, is beholden to keep us updated on everything they do.

This is a brand new game, a brand new franchise... they, as well as we, are coming in to this without an example to build from really.

Hell the game is only in the very beginning stages of development, and the developers have actively shown they are willing to at least listen to us on some level. That's what makes this so special, so important, and why we, especially the people who have been playing the tabletop game for decades now, are so hyped and excited.... Because there is the hope, that just maybe, we can toss ideas out there, and have them heard, and possibly implemented...

If they had in game mechanics to show us, it would be to late... the engine and framework would already be laid down. What they are doing is monumental... they are letting the fans in on the ground floor of development of a brand new property. Hell most companies who are churning out sequel number quadjillion to their most popular franchise don't even do that.

To complain because they aren't showing us enough, or telling us enough, is missing the point entirely, and more than a little bit audacious and arrogant. They are doing something I have never even heard of a game company doing it before, and they are doing it with a property that I, and many others, love extremely dearly....

To compare that to Justin Bieber tweeting about his bowel movements he calls songs, is kind of silly.

It was a metaphor. Hate his fairy ass. Wish he would just die out already

Like when there is info, tell the fans, I'm not saying don't put out ideas. It's great for any company. But a gameplay concept is what I want. Tell us what style of gameplay are they aiming for. They just said they are using the table top as a reference. That could mean a 1000 different thing in terms character control and mechanics. I just wanna know how we will be playing, be (now I'm just using other games as reference) like mass effect in terms of rpg shooter, be like top down diablo, or Click icon for action type thing like KOTR and mmorpgs. Or a gta style free roam shooter rpg hybrid.

That's all I want to know, what style the game will play in, because it is quite hard to invent a new one. I'm not saying it should be a clone of any game.

I don't wanna exactly know what we are doing, but how we will be doing it. All we really have to go on, is the amazing world of cyperpunk, and has implants, guns, it's an rpg......gap...... and free roam. Thats it. In terms of gameplay.

I wanna know what they intend to do with one of my fav child hood games, how my character moves on the screen.

The wait, and want for more info is killing me XD

A lot of people are yearning for a game like this for a long time now and we are talking about CD Projekt Red here.These guys proved themselves not only with The Witcher series but because they are their own masters,which means artistic freedom,no rushing of a game because of deadlines and such and the fact that they put their customers first doesn't hurt either :) .

Top Bottom