Are we all over hyping a little bit?

+
Had to admit I thought the anouncement with only a pre render trailer to support felt a bit early. I mean there is realy isn't much info on how they are going to it or what platforms its going to be for.
But then I realised that it was just as much an advert to attract game devs to go work on it as it was for the fans to get excited about.
Kind of makes sense, this way they get the fans to do much of the brain farting (ahem I mean Storrming) for them on these forums.

The say they want the trailer to be pretty much in game footage. How can you make a godly gta skyrim like that? As far as I know, the tech is not there yet. Now maybe with a 2016-18 gaming rig, I can see. But how can they even start to make that with the pcs they have right now? It to me doesn't seem possible.

First, I'm pretty sure the target render comments were referring to the scene after the blackout when Scythe wakes up riding in a vehicle with MaxTac. Most people seem to have missed that it looks like it was rendered in a different rendering pipeline, with different textures and even some minor model changes.

Second, the tech from 2015 is easy to emulate right now. It's just a matter of horsepower.

mega hype always happens when a loved franchise is reanimated or transfered to PC games... plus overhype is good... high expectations form the players drive the developers to give their best to meet them as good as possible...

Personally, I think we're all going a little over the top in terms of our level of hype. However, I think that's a good thing. It shows that even though we have only seen one 2:21 teaser trailer, we are already passionate about this game. Personally, I am happy for people to go insane with the hype (In a good way of course), who is it hurting? Nobody.

Let's just have a good time! :D

Ok, before you bite my head off. Let me say I loved both witchers and have an intense love for ALL rpgs.

But I think we are all over speculating and hyping a little early in the development. So early in fact. We have completely no Idea what we are hyping. I know we have CP2020 as an amazing reference. From what I read here and elsewhere. People are saying It's gonna be skyrim, grand theft auto5 and blade runner, and the witcher with flying cars had a baby, and that baby then took steriods, then became a super saiyan, after blowing those games into oblivion.

I agree with you but this really did make me fall laughing LMAO xD

well yes since this is the first actual 'something' which we got there is lot of excitement going on, it will cool down eventually.
As for 'overhype' that can only be determined AFTER the game has actually launched, whether it fulfilled expectations or not (my money we'll get more than what we expect!)

This is how fans show their love and gratitude towards someone's goodwill. Doesn't hurt much.

I think hype overdrive for now is not only to be expected, but is a good thing to gauge opinions particularly if certain themes and requests go the distance over the next few months.... It can be used by the devs to see whether there is sufficient concern or desire for a particular thing or whether something they're thinking of implementing is ambiguous enough that it'll only coincide with certain people's ideas of an event.

The problem with hype is that at some point it becomes less of a tool and more of a hindrance, as actual decisions get made and it gets closer to release, but for me basically all CDPR have to do is
1) Stay as near to an established lore as they can, which I don't doubt given that Mike Pondsmith has been fiercely guarded for years of ANY company doing a CP rpg, for fear of losing the pnp game in the noise of the video game.

2) for things that they have to change, or stuff that's hung about forever since the pnp game (like the main chars in 2020, and the Alt/Rache deaths) provide meaningful context that slots well with established canon, so for instance you couldn't just out major parts of the lore, some of it you may be able to rewrite like the smaller corp names due to mergers etc, or maybe say that the Tycho Orbital Rock drop didn't happen, as the effects of that could be rewritten..... Just make it believable within the framework.

3) Give us modding support and tools for the PC, and work out some way to get stable and popular mods onto other platforms - as then the community can add things, people and places (we will need to be able to go out of Night City, even if its just a couple of places, so that the mod community can add to the rest of the world) and to make Netrunning into what it's made out to be in the game

That's all I want to know, what style the game will play in, because it is quite hard to invent a new one. I'm not saying it should be a clone of any game.
I wanna know what they intend to do with one of my fav child hood games, how my character moves on the screen.
The wait, and want for more info is killing me XD

Honestly I dont understand people like yourself. Because if you read and watch the interviews u can answer your questions.

They are aiming for something that was never done before - open world sandbox style game but with tense climate and reach and deep story. The mechanics will be somehow based on the CP2020 but adopted to video games world. The engine will be refreshed Red Engine adopted to open world and with combat system adjusted for firearms - this all information is in what they already gave as.

At the same time I think many things needs to be clarified, and it is not finalized what the game will look like at the end. So this is great oportunity to give your opinion and maybe the devs will say - wow -actually that's good idea and we can implement it. And this is great.

And the hype? I love it - first I love the genre, second I love the CP2020 PnP game, and I trust CDProject - the way they handled moving the Witcher world into the gaming world was excellent. Witcher books are really iconic in Poland. The devs said Sapkowski is for Poles like Tolkien to the world. For me it is more - Tolkien is about world and good vs evil while Sapkowski was much harder with the cynicism and the dark wolrd where there is no black and white characters. So yes - If there is any company to do the CP2020 in the right way it is CDProject. Mike is also engaged in the game design. I guess the only thing that is missing is to get William Gibson into the crew.

I can't help it. I'm really hyped because I love Cyberpunk, I love, love the p&p Cyberpunk 2020 and have all the books, was gamemaster and even did small cyberpunk 2020 club at local youth center where I GM'd games for local young people.

And the developer is kinda perfect for the game.

... Sorry, kept throwing money at the monitor for some reason.

So yeah, overhyped to the point of hyperventilation. I'm sure the expectations will get more realistic in coming years but for now I think it's ok to be overjoyed for a while. And as bonus all this got me to dig out the books and start reading the p&p material again.

Forum veteran
What do you guys think? Should we tone it down? Or explain why I am way off.
Never. This game will be magical. Literally. It'll cure every disease, bring about peace in the middle east, and satisfy every gamer who plays it both emotionally and sexually. Upon its release, crime will disappear and negative traits like jealousy and anger will vanish, never to be seen again.

Or maybe not. But hey, it's kind of like an unopened box right now; what could possibly be in there? Maybe a cure for cancer? There might even be a blank check or keys to a helicopter. It's always fun to speculate about what's in the box (minus that one time at the end of Se7en), even if most of the hopes and dreams we project onto the game may never see the light of day. Eventually more information will come out and our expectations will become a bit more grounded. Now, however, is the beginning of a new relationship. It's natural to be excited, just like it'll be natural when we turn into savage wolves, viciously attacking the game's every flaw, perceived and otherwise, in a flurry of righteous—and sometimes baseless—anger.

Good times.

Like when there is info, tell the fans, I'm not saying don't put out ideas.
That's not really CDPR's style, though. A lot of things really do change during development; the GOG game guide for Witcher 2 is wrong about a lot of things because it seems to have been written before the game was actually released, and enough things changed that it really can't be trusted for accurate advice. Even things they're confident about could change, so really the only thing it'd accomplish is creating disappointment. I recommend not getting your hopes up too high, because in the end it's just a game and no game, regardless of its merits, will ever live up to the perfect game you try to imagine it being.

Five reasons why it will succeed!

1) Mike Pondsmith on board, they wont make any stupid fallout clone! they have rules they need to follow,
2) CDPR,
3) RedEngine,
4) They wont release it until its ready,
5) TW3? and CD2077 are very important in CDPR gaming career! all eyes are on them now to deliver.

If the game have the same amount of creativity as teaser then I will just replay Deus Ex. Two days ago I was hyped beyond belief, now I'm just afraid.

If the game have the same amount of creativity as teaser then I will just replay Deus Ex. Two days ago I was hyped beyond belief, now I'm just afraid.

No creativity required. The game was created back in the 80's, published in 1988, and it had all the necessary creativity poured into it back then. They're not making a different game. Nobody wants that.

Why all the excitement?...well that comes with the surprise and the EPIC TEASER they shown to us. Is normal we became like that and they in time will implement all the petitions, important thing is keep those petitions o board so we can see them soon enough.

Forum veteran
Is normal we became like that and they in time will implement all the petitions, important thing is keep those petitions o board so we can see them soon enough.
If there's one thing CDPR is known for not doing, it's bowing to fan pressure. If everyone wants something but they don't, it won't be in the game. It's really as simple as that. I mean, there's a guy over on the Witcher forum who bumped a thread with his suggestion for the game for something like a year to no avail, despite many people actually agreeing. Suggestions need to be seen for what they are rather than expected to find their way into the game.

Sorry to say that but fans like you will be doom of this company.

If by "this company" you mean the people who created Cyberpunk 2020, then just look at what happened when they published Firestorm and V3, and tried to be "creative"; the vast majority thought it was a complete mistake and ruined the franchise. As it was, and it did. I'm sure the sales figures, and the fact that the whole Cyberpunk world has disappeared from the face of the Earth for the past 15-16 years shows you exactly what "creativity" does to a perfect product.

I don't mean Pen & paper cyberpunk. I mean that people are praising CDPR too much and in the end it might hurt the game. You are also forgetting that they are not making Cyberpunk 2020 game, they are making Cyberpunk 2077. So yeah creativity is required.

Top Bottom