Are we all over hyping a little bit?

+
I personally can't help it since this has been my dream game for years. As for the OP's speculation, I think we can be certain it won't be turn based or top down.

I don't mean Pen & paper cyberpunk. I mean that people are praising CDPR too much and in the end it might hurt the game. You are also forgetting that they are not making Cyberpunk 2020 game, they are making Cyberpunk 2077. So yeah creativity is required.

Of course creativity is required, artistic license is to be expected, certain things from 2020 will be unimportant, some new things will suddenly be very important, somehow people want some characters back from 2020, others would just like to know what happened so that loose ends can be tied up. But at the same time CDPR cannot just take large pieces of lore and drop them out or refit them on a whim, hence why with Mike Pondsmith taking a seemingly very active role with the game is a god send. This forum will exist on little more than rumours and speculation for the next few months at least.

What CDPR did with The Witcher is proof that they can create games both in an existing lore base and create anew without those two things colliding head on - its very difficult not to annoy purists in this kind of situation, but as long as the dovetailing between old and new( even if part of the old is rewritten, as long as it makes sense and fits, for the most part, with existing lore) most people will have few issues with it. Of course you will have people that disagree to the points of being pedantic but there you go.

Whether this game lives up to my expectations or crashes and burns doesn't matter right now.

Will it be all we want? Maybe. Maybe not.

All that matters to me is one of my favorite dev teams is making a game based off one of my favorite RPGs based off some of the best books I've ever read.

I personally can't help it since this has been my dream game for years. As for the OP's speculation, I think we can be certain it won't be turn based or top down.

Ahhhh but thats the thing, we don't know. The PnP ver I played was turned based.

My point being, is until we know the style of gameplay. It's hard to ask for things they may imposible with they are doing. Now if it turns out to be the child SSJ is what they are aiming for. Then we can go nuts.

But unless we know the gameplay formula. We can't really be asking for things. Now when Red decides to tell us what type of rpg gameplay they doing. That would be the time to post ideas on the gameplay. As far is the lore and the setting, themes and atmosphere. That we can go nuts on. Because most of us are experts on CP2020. Thats why we are here, most of us.

Just my opinion :)

Ahhhh but thats the thing, we don't know. The PnP ver I played was turned based.

My point being, is until we know the style of gameplay. It's hard to ask for things that may imposible with what they are doing. Now if it turns out to be the child SSJ is what they are aiming for. Then we can go nuts.

But unless we know the gameplay formula. We can't really be asking for things. Now when Red decides to tell us what type of rpg gameplay they are doing. That would be the time to post ideas on the gameplay. As far is the lore and the setting, themes and atmosphere. That we can go nuts on. Because most of us are experts on CP2020. Thats why we are here, most of us.

Whether this game lives up to my expectations or crashes and burns doesn't matter right now.

Will it be all we want? Maybe. Maybe not.

All that matters to me is one of my favorite dev teams is making a game based off one of my favorite RPGs based off some of the best books I've ever read.

Completely, totally this. EVEN IF THE GAME SUCKS, I intend to utterly enjoy the next two years and re-immerse myself. It's like coming home. Only with Kerenzikov. Because Sandevistan Takes too Damn Long.

And the odds are that CDPR, who have for me an incredibly solid track record of hundreds of hours of delivered fun with exactly one weak point - witcher 1, swamp Hell Forevr and Again - the odds are massively in favour that this will be a great, great game.

And it won't be turn-based, because they aren't nuts. Closest you might see is a reflexboost/Combat Sense advantage that slows or stops things.
I make this prediction with the same confidence that I expect tomorrow to be Sunday here. In other words, utter confidence.

Fans have the ability to impact the product here, this is why the forum exists! It's gonna be another 2 years before it comes out, so we can have a say in what we want to see..I presume it's why this forum is here so soon.

I've never joined a forum for the purposes of discussing a game before..but I want a great RPG from devs with passion and a respect from their fans, so I'm here to do my part! Who knows what the end result will be, but you can never achieve great results without high expectations as a starting point. Let the devs know what you want and don't want to see...the more people who do that, the better this game will be. Cheers.

I like the hype. It has re-awaken my love for the game. Hype is also useful. It helps CDPR gauge the community and their need to complete this project for the fans. It also giving them design ideas. What are we talking about in these forums helps with market research. I agree that it still a long wait before the product is estimated to be delivered but only time will tell if we are over-reacting at this. Trust me, I'm sure quite a few ppl on this forum can talk about the long wait for CP203X and what they finally got.

My point being, is until we know the style of gameplay. It's hard to ask for things that may imposible with what they are doing. Now if it turns out to be the child SSJ is what they are aiming for. Then we can go nuts.

But unless we know the gameplay formula. We can't really be asking for things. Now when Red decides to tell us what type of rpg gameplay they are doing. That would be the time to post ideas on the gameplay. As far is the lore and the setting, themes and atmosphere. That we can go nuts on. Because most of us are experts on CP2020. Thats why we are here, most of us.

Won't buy it if it's turn based, will be massively let down if it's not a TPS. Making this game turn based would be an absolute joke.

Won't buy it if it's turn based, will be massively let down if it's not a TPS. Making this game turn based would be an absolute joke.

I will anyway. Because it's Cyberpunk 2020. Made by CDPR, who made the Witchers. So, yeah, I'd buy in a fast second. AND THEN UPLOAD VIDEOS OF MYSELF LAUGHING AND HAVING FUN PLAYING IT TO THIS FORUM WHILE WEARING ONLY MIRRORSHADES AND A DUFFLEBAG.

Why are we even considering talking about if it will be turn based? It won't. Open world, sand box. That means something!
Turn based is just a joke, only curtailing to few of the fan base, not everyone. And isn't Cyberpunk too being made on the red engine?

I will anyway. Because it's Cyberpunk 2020. Made by CDPR, who made the Witchers. So, yeah, I'd buy in a fast second. AND THEN UPLOAD VIDEOS OF MYSELF LAUGHING AND HAVING FUN PLAYING IT TO THIS FORUM WHILE WEARING ONLY MIRRORSHADES AND A DUFFLEBAG.

It had best be a very carefully, and strategically, placed dufflebag...... :cool:

Forum veteran
Why are we even considering talking about if it will be turn based? It won't. Open world, sand box. That means something!
Fallout and Fallout 2 are both open-world and turn-based, so one doesn't necessarily preclude the other. Not that I think Cyberpunk will be turn-based or anything. Just wanted to point that out.

Turn based is just a joke, only curtailing to few of the fan base, not everyone.
Sadface. To those who hate on turn-based games: Have you ever played Silent Storm? Dismissing the merits of turn-based games outright is sort of like hand-waving away real-time combat after playing Shadow Harvest: Phantom Ops and concluding that it's awful (it is, by the way); in the end such things are just a single part of a game's recipe that can either succeed or go horribly awry, so prejudging a purely hypothetical turn-based Cyberpunk 2077 because of that element alone seems really premature.

Again, not that I think it'll be turn-based. I just don't get all the hate.

Well shouldn't we be wondering whether it'll be FPS or TPS? Not entirely sure which I want moar. I don't hate FPS, since it helps you immerse oneself into the world, while I like to play third person for all sort of movements and whatnot.

Just my 2 cents.

Neeeeveeer, instead we should actually get even more excited xD !

But yeah, I guess you do have a point. However, ultimately I trust in CDPR to deliver on their promises.

Yes lets try to keep are collective whits about us, because the game is at least two years away.

NO TO THE HYPE

IN WITH REALITY

Top Bottom