Are we all over hyping a little bit?

+

Yngh

Forum veteran
The question is whether we are expecting too much or not. ATM I think that some people may end up being disappointed, because it's as if everybody expects the game to combine the best elements of GTA/Skyrim and classical story-based RPGs, with an engaging combat system to boot. It will be hard to live up to expectations. I'm not worried about the storyline, but CDP RED doesn't have much experience with creating sand box games and both W1 and W2 had huge problems with balance, so there are many things that can go wrong. On the other hand, if they succeed, then the game will become legendary!

Sadface. To those who hate on turn-based games: Have you ever played Silent Storm? Dismissing the merits of turn-based games outright is sort of like hand-waving away real-time combat after playing Shadow Harvest: Phantom Ops and concluding that it's awful (it is, by the way); in the end such things are just a single part of a game's recipe that can either succeed or go horribly awry, so prejudging a purely hypothetical turn-based Cyberpunk 2077 because of that element alone seems really premature.

Again, not that I think it'll be turn-based. I just don't get all the hate.

Agreed.

It is highly unlikely that it ends up having TB combat. I'd like it, though, if it did (by some strange twist of fate). I find a well made TB game to be much more engrossing and tactically involving than the twitchy real time counterparts.

I simply hope that the characterbuild actually matters in combat (in more defining ways than just adding 5% damage bonuses or 2% increased RoF or some other shit).

And on the topic. I'm not overhyped. I am cautiously optimistic (and reading certain things people ask for in these forums strengthens my position).

Agreed.

It is highly unlikely that it ends up having TB combat. I'd like it, though, if it did (by some strange twist of fate). I find a well made TB game to be much more engrossing and tactically involving than the twitchy real time counterparts.

I Agree And Disagree With Said Statement. Yes TB Games Are Strategic In Their Own Right For Being Unforgiving When You Make A Mistake. Real Time Shooter RPGs Are Also Strategically Hard For Having Multiple Ways To Be Overrun By The Computer A.I. When You Say Break From Cover In A Fore Fight Or Alert All In Sundry To Your Whereabouts.

Deus Ex Human Rev Worked On This Well With Multiple Ways To Get Through One Area. Not Just The Ussual Gung Ho Approach.
If Cyberpunk Turned Out To Be Like Deus In Game Play It Would Be A Really Enjoyable Play Indeed.

Of course we are. Well at least I am!

I'm really looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077. Like REALLY looking forward to it. The fact that it'll be out sometime around 2015 is just heartbreaking... Fuck my life man...

I can't keep this hype burning for 3 years, that's just insane. It'll die off and when I do get the game I would've simmered down a bit. Actually a lot. I'll be surprised if I'm still interested in the damn thing by the time it comes out!

It could be argued that over-hyping is part of the fun of waiting for a game at the early stages of development. It's all relative and for some it will die down over time and for some it may be subdued excitement now that increases as we move closer towards the games release.

For me this game engages in a subject rather close to my own interests and however long it takes, I'll be watching, waiting and hyping it.

by the end only some of us will remain. And when you get closet to launch 3 years or so whenever it does, BOOM again

Of course we are. Well at least I am!

I'm really looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077. Like REALLY looking forward to it. The fact that it'll be out sometime around 2015 is just heartbreaking... Fuck my life man...

I can't keep this hype burning for 3 years, that's just insane. It'll die off and when I do get the game I would've simmered down a bit. Actually a lot. I'll be surprised if I'm still interested in the damn thing by the time it comes out!

I have been waiting 20 years... another 2 isn't going to kill me... I hope...

Top Bottom