Are we ever going to see a PS4 footage of the game?

+
Moderator: Directions from the forum moderators are to be followed, not disputed or ridiculed. The moderators may delete posts, issue formal warnings, or suspend members who do not comply.

If you have a beef with a moderator action, you may correspond with the moderators by PM, you may appeal by PM to an administrator, or you may keep silence. There are no other options within the forum rules.

Hopefully by launch they have clear videos that show direct gameplay feed from all 3 platforms (On top of a PC video to show the different settings and input options).

PS4 specs are quite high end and comparison with current new games on new gen consoles and PCs there aren't much differences. Yes PC hardwares may be more powerful, but nowadays (even CDPR vow for parity across all platforms) so in my opinion and based on my observations there shouldn't be much differences between platform other than PC you may have options for higher resolution, some AA and extra shadows and that's it. Well there's this fur tech by Nvidia but i can tell you these are just marketing. Even AMD GPU struggle with TresFX on when playing Tomb Raider reboot.

Of course these are just my opinions but seriously you can google for comparisons on latest games on new gen consoles and PC. There isn't much differences. At least from what i see myself. So what i'm saying there shouldn't be much or any differences on the videos you saw and you can expect very much how it will look on latest trailers (If the uproar of PC gamers on dumbed-down version didn't rings a bell).

Yeah, no diferences, just :
+ Resolution
+ Frame Rate
+High Textures
+TXAA
+Distance Drawing
+Fur technology
+Cloth technology
+ Ligh & Shadow Quality
+ NVIDIA physical
+ Bounch of Effects
+ Keyboard
- Time of loading
- Price
.... Fuck, they are very similar, no ?

I would not count on seeing any PS4 footage of the game before launch since CDPR has a marketing deal with Microsoft. Likewise, I wouldn't expect X1 footage of something like Batman since Sony has that locked down. Based on how everything else has gone this gen I would expect it to look a little better than the X1 version.

Yeah, no diferences, just :
+ Resolution
+ Frame Rate
+High Textures
+TXAA
+Distance Drawing
+Fur technology
+Cloth technology
+ Ligh & Shadow Quality
+ NVIDIA physical
+ Bounch of Effects
+ Keyboard
- Time of loading
- Price
.... Fuck, they are very similar, no ?
I believe that statement was a reference to mid range rigs, by no means can the PS4 keep up with high end rigs.
As for seeing PS4 gameplay footage,they should show some footage and they probably will before release date.

There is already PC and X1 gameplay demos, but how about PS4?
We probably won't see any PS4 trailers until shortly before the game releases because CD Projekt RED has a marketing agreement with Microsoft.

Now before you complain I just want to point out two things:

1. CD Projekt RED really benefited from having The Witcher 3 featured at Microsoft's E3 conferences. In 2013 the combined sales of Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 was 6 million copies. In 2014 the combined sales increased to 8 million. That's a huge jump in sales for two games that are 3 and 7 years old. If Microsoft hadn't featured The Witcher 3 at their E3 conferences many people (possibly even yourself included) never would have heard of the game series at all.
  2. Just be glad it's not like the Xbox360 version of Diablo 3, which it wasn't even announced until 3 months before it released.
They will probably show PS4 gameplay shortly before the game releases. As others have already said, the graphics will probably look the same as the XboxOne version.

Last edited:
  1. CD Projekt RED really needed the publicity. In 2013 the combined sales of Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 was 6 million copies. In 2014 the combined sales were at 8 million. A huge jump in sales like that normally doesn't happen to a game that's 3 years old like Witcher 2 (and Witcher 1 is even older.)

It can happen if for example some distributor starts selling it, while they weren't before. Consider for instance any recent additions of old games to GOG. They surely had a surge in sales because of that even though they are old games. Advertisement can also help.

Plus, Witcher games had several fresh releases over time (OS X versions, Linux versions, enhanced editions and so on). Since they were active and promoted them, they were gaining sales well enough unlike some studios which dump their projects the next year after the release to promote other stuff.

Not that CDPR did a stellar job there either, for example it looks like they dumped the Linux version already (they, or rather their subcontractors, stopped fixing bugs in TW2), but they already gained visibility from the mere fact of the release which contributed to more sales.

Last edited:
Top Bottom