Are We Going To Have Passive Buffs Anymore?!

+
Are We Going To Have Passive Buffs Anymore?!

I was just curious with all the new mechanics if we would see any type of cards that have passive buff/nerfs on them like old commanders horn or old encourage abilities? I feel like there can be maybe some silver or gold cards that have this type of passive ability to give the game a little bit more depth and choice!

What are your thoughts on this?

I haven't seen passive buffs since KtS event and it worries me a bit. They should be present in Gwent, because they add tactical depth, more opportunities and they let you to deceive your opponent :)

I think they will not print cards with passive buff/de-buff cos it make calculation a bit messy. ( Think how Frost, Tightbond, +2 buff, -1 debuff, Horn will works in the same row)
Most of the new cards have this one-time effect, so I think how to make cards with buff/de-buff work for the new system.

This is one idea I come up with:

Mushrooms-Bronze, Place in any row
Add 2 strength to non-Gold unit in this row.
After 2 turn play this card again.

View attachment 77151

Attachments

• mush (0;00;00;00).jpg
    mush (0;00;00;00).jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Passive buffs don't add depth to the game despite the fact that we like them ,, I hope they fix weather effects too because they're the only passive effects we have

I wouldn't rule out always on passive effects this early. It could be a coding issue. They may not have the time right now to code new always calculating abilities. It could even be a balance issue we aren't aware of. We do have abilities that are close to passive. We have cards that as they remain on the field have effects when things happen like when a special card is played, gain 3 strength or when a card is discarded, gain 3 strength. Also, we have cards that do damage passively as well like the bear that removes one strength of every unit played after it or the card that removes 2 from a random opponent unit when a gold card appears. These abilities add a lot of depth to deck building.

We don't know all the cards yet so we don't fully know what is going on.

Top Bottom