Are we going to write Fan-Fiction about this game?

+
Once the game launches, I fully expect pictures of cyborg ponies and accompaning fanfiction, because bronies can't keep their fandom out of anything.

Once the game launches, I fully expect pictures of cyborg ponies and accompaning fanfiction, because bronies can't keep their fandom out of anything.

Have you ...read the piece I linked yet? I'm guessing not.

Yes I started it, and yes what I've read so far is entertaining. It's too bad its a fan fic though.

It's starting to approach the level of this good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=824mBE5uELU

As a note, I first found that one transcribed in a literature textbook alongside other pieces of short fiction. I never knew it came from a radio show until I searched for it. I can't find the written transcription due to DMCA reasons. (One of the reasons it's too bad that the piece you linked is a fan fic.)

Yeah someone should do it! CP2077 fanfiction where everyone is janitor, penises everywhere, banned techno music and and and and uhh... shitloads of children mob warfare and boom boom pew pew. and and and sexnuns.... don't do drugs kids!

Yeah someone should do it! CP2077 fanfiction where everyone is janitor, penises everywhere, banned techno music and and and and uhh... shitloads of children mob warfare and boom boom pew pew. and and and sexnuns.... don't do drugs kids!

I want this to be funny but it's just sad.

Shows the condition this forum is in.

Do something CDP.

I want this to be funny but it's just sad.

Shows the condition this forum is in.

Do something CDP.

Yeaah...that's not really on them. They set up the forums for us to hang out in chat and have a good time. After we bugged them about it on the blog, so, "we asked for this", to paraphrase my favourite cop cyborg after Briareos. They may have planned to anyway, but in no way was it implied they would maintain whatever you think good forum health is by supplying us with information to talk about.

It'll come..a trickle then a stream and then loads and loads. If CP2077 is Christmas Day, we're still a looooong ways from Christmas Eve, in terms of anticipation level.

Yeaah...that's not really on them. They set up the forums for us to hang out in chat and have a good time. After we bugged them about it on the blog, so, "we asked for this", to paraphrase my favourite cop cyborg after Briareos. They may have planned to anyway, but in no way was it implied they would maintain whatever you think good forum health is by supplying us with information to talk about.

It'll come..a trickle then a stream and then loads and loads. If CP2077 is Christmas Day, we're still a looooong ways from Christmas Eve, in terms of anticipation level.

Now if you REALLY think about that for a bit like i Like to do to much...Yes there is Gregski and Dragonlady to try and keep us safe from trolls...but I can only imagine what this particular forum will be like by the time CDP realizes it still exists...now where's my bones at..*mumble mumble*

http://hpmor.com/

I've just found this, thanks to a hyper-rational friend of mine. Who has never read the original.

Do you know who Miles Vorkosigan is? If not, you suck. If you-do-, you lucky soul, are you in for a treat. It's Miles! At Hogwarts! It's very very funny and very well written. Just got finished the bit where he goes over all the ways you can kill your enemy in the room they are in, to the horrified looks of the other non-Milesian students. The part about sharpened bones was quite good...

Thank you.

I'll write fan fiction when the game is released and in my hands. For the mean time, I am writing a cyberpunk story.

Its mainly about a 8 year old boy with a Frontal Lobe brain implant in a future setting of Los Angeles. He's become a professional cat burglar at the age of 8 and will soon fall into the gang life as he grows older. The main plot will be the classic young intellectual going up against the overwhelmingly powerful State. It pretty much is going to be hyper violent and speak metaphorically to America's love of violence in general. This is heavily influenced by the child like gods of Link in the Legend of Zelda & Peter Pan. As well as Night City, IRL computer viruses & worms, Hackers of today, Anonymous, Neuromancer and Cyberpunk of course.

Ok, i'm up to writing a short fan fiction for CP77..

In 1995, in a large, rich and thriving town close to Night City, there was an opening of a super mall and for the opening day, owners put a large time capsule in the middle of the mall and magnetically sealed the lid to be opened 50 years later. It is said that people all around Night City put their most valued possessions inside.

20 years have passed, town became even large enough to be a small city then went bankrupt, the town was abandoned shortly after that and was claimed by the wastelands. 10 years after joining the wastelands, in an explosion caused by a passing gang who was trying to open the time capsule but failed because capsule was programmed to not open until the right time, some parts and the entrance of the mall has collapsed, leaving the capsule under a rubble, forgotten by most.

But some still told stories about a time capsule, burred under a rubble, hiding wast treasures inside. As time passed story kept changing, some would say this capsule was in an abandoned city, others would claim it was in a small village deep inside wastelands.

By 2070, an adventurer who started small in the guts of Night City who did everything that he could to rise up, who was traveling through wastelands at the time and heard the story beforehand, was passing a large town. When he entered the old and abandoned police station, hoping to find some supplies, he stumbled upon an old brochure, saying "Come and visit our supermall and see our marvelous time capsule!" He couldn't believe his eyes. Only he could be so lucky. He and his companion searched and found this mall, but they were gravely disappointed when they did. Main structure seemed ok, but everything else was in rubbles, there was no way in. His companion said "Well, we could make our way in you know, Chombatta."and she placed an explosive then they just blasted their way in.

Somehow, mall still had power, but things seemed even more unstable after the explosion. They found a giant lid, some skeletons that belong to the gang members and near it a console, covered in dust and some rubble. They cleaned the rubble out and read the writing on the lid, "DO NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO OPEN UNTIL 2040", since the time has already come and passed, they entered the command "OPEN" on the console and the capsule has opened slowly and started to rise upwards. On the top of the capsule, there were some gold and silver trinkets and some other valuable objects, but as the capsule keel rising, they saw a girl, in her 20's, in a cryogenic sleep. The man and his companion couldn't believe their eyes. This girl had been here for 80 years and nobody even knew. They saw a note on the side of the capsule:

"Our experiment was a success, we put her inside this pod and her vitals are stable, but couldn't get her out without killing her, we do not have the right neural interface technology to wake her up and we won't be receiving any more funding. We can't even get enough power to active the cryogenic pod again. We are putting her in this time capsule until we have the necessary technology. When said time comes and if we still don't have the necessary tech, please reactivate the capsule so our predecessors can try again in 50 years."

The man and his companion still couldn't quite believe their eyes. Then his companion reminded the man that they had a netrunner in their group. They called the netrunner in and he was with them as soon as possible. "Why are we even trying to get her out of there" netrunner said. "What could we possibly gain by this." but the man said, "I have my reasons.".

This is it for now.. How do you guys like it.. :D

It would be interesting to a see story where a woman from the 90s wakes up in the 2070s, and is given the ultimatium of either adapting to the harsh lifestyle of this future or certain death.

My only gripe is that the dialogue should be more natural. Something like this:

"What the fuck are you gonna do with a human popsicle, man?"

"Reasons."

"Youre not gonna sell her off as a bitch to a pack of boosters are you?"

"Fuck no. Just reasons."

"Alright Mr.Vague, your call."

That' d be great if i knew english properly

Exactly. Cyberpunk has to be written in English. At least in portuguese it's not as cool. I felt pretty inspired after Reading Straw Dogs (that book IS cyberpunk), but I wish my English was better.
Or at least I wish I had a good idea for a story. :)
Anyway, I'll be looking forward for some good fan-fiction.

I felt pretty inspired after Reading Straw Dogs (that book IS cyberpunk)

Are you talking about the book Straw Dogs by John N. Gray? Here's something from Wikipedia:

"Gray sees volition, and hence morality, as an illusion, and portrays humanity as a ravenous species engaged in wiping out other forms of life."
"In Straw Dogs, he argues that the idea that humans are self-determining agents does not pass the acid test of experience. Those Darwinist thinkers who believe humans can take charge of their own destiny to prevent environmental degradation are, in this view, not naturalists, but apostles of humanism"

Yeah, first of all, this all is not Cyberpunk, and more importantly, it is not Cyberpunk 2020. The latter, of course, is a much more specific and unique world and setting. Secondly, he has some very gloomy, albeit most likely accurate views concerning the human species as a whole, but those views fall apart when you're talking about individuals. I know his type, though, and I understand where he's coming from. Despite all his rave reviews and awards though, he doesn't see the forest for the trees, and it would take seeing the entire forest to be able to see all the minute details of those trees.

In any case, he has a lot of ideas which all rest on the assumption that individuals are a part of the whole, which of course isn't always the case.

Top Bottom