Are we over-hyping the game?

+
isn't that contradictory?
Maybe? I just mean people should be excited because this is likely going to be a great game like TW3 was, so the hype is warranted because this game is made by the same studio with a larger budget/team.

They just shouldn't expect it to be ground breaking and best game of all time. If you think this you'll end up in the same camp of people who had extremely high expectations for RDR2, which was an amazing game but couldn't reach impossible expectations. No game can.

They just shouldn't expect it to be ground breaking and best game of all time. If you think this you'll end up in the same camp of people who had extremely high expectations for RDR2, which was an amazing game but couldn't reach impossible expectations. No game can.
I mean, that's largely where I'm seeing the hype going though.

yeah, but how do you even determine which is which? that's just a blurred line.

Either I know something because:
1.) I have personally experienced it and understand what it is
2.) I have received information directly from a first-hand source and can count that at reasonably verifiable

-or-

I do not know something because:
3.) I am inferring meaning based on non-verifiable information from second-hand, third-hand, etc. sources
4.) I am speculating based solely upon my own assumptions and imaginings (or the assumptions and imaginings of others)

Either I know something because:
1.) I have personally experienced it and understand what it is
2.) I have received information directly from a first-hand source and can count that at reasonably verifiable

-or-

I do not know something because:
3.) I am inferring meaning based on non-verifiable information from second-hand, third-hand, etc. sources
4.) I am speculating based solely upon my own assumptions and imaginings (or the assumptions and imaginings of others)
I'm more asking about how you judge the community's hype, not your own.

a lot of people THINK they know something, when they don't.

You've got to manage that for yourself. Personally I'm letting myself get wrapped up in this hype, but trying to mentally keep myself anchored to realities. CDPR aren't gods, and they aren't my friends. They're a company, and they can't defy all expectation and make a masterpiece and give candy to orphanages and do all of it without making mistakes and making people angry.
CP2077 will not be a perfect game. It might not even be GOTY under the right circumstances (though that'd surprise me.)
I agree with the sentiment to expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised, but there's always a happy equilibrium between feeling spiteful towards every little mistake, and setting yourself up for disappointment. And that point's going to be different for everybody.
But seriously it's going to be a great game.

Honestly they promised everything and with time CDPR is narrowing down on what the game will actually be. I'm hoping this won't result in huge amounts of content being cut and only a tiny portion of the game actually remaining, but tbqh it looks like this is what is happening.

Honestly they promised everything and with time CDPR is narrowing down on what the game will actually be. I'm hoping this won't result in huge amounts of content being cut and only a tiny portion of the game actually remaining, but tbqh it looks like this is what is happening.

no they didn't
and no it doesn't

I pretty much set myself realistic expectations for the game. Mind you, I do not know almost anything about it. Haven't watched the 48 gameplay, or seen interviews, my knowledge of CP77 is limited.

But, I said to myself that if it is half as good, or, as good as The Witcher 3, then I am happy.

Seriously though I agree we are letting our imagination get the better of us. It's just they way this game is marketed, we are told to rely on the trust we have for cdproject and the trickle of information. Our mind fills in the blanks and we are an optimistic lot. Will cyberpunk be a good enough game to spend hours in, I believe so. Will it be the gods gift to gaming or perfect of course not.

The issue with the apartment thing is common mistake that happens in a development of something. Not out of malice but the lack of ability to predict the future. I am sure multiple apartment were intended even came close to be implemented but in the end of the day they had to scrap it from one reason or another.

For me it is a small insignificant absence, to me it is is a storage room and place to fw time or get the odd bonus as available. Open world rpgs are not for settling down after all, it is exploration and that is what I spend most of of my time with.

Yes I think the game is being terribly over hyped since there hasn't been a decent cyberpunk type game in a good while so we are all starved for one so to speak.

One worry I have is that people will be disappointed due to unrealistic expectations which is something we see lots of in the mmorpg scene.

ARE WE OVER-HYPING THE GAME?
<_< | >_> well yeh
its kinda our job we live on the forms for a reason. but i kinda doubt it cause of E3 move

Off the top of my head here are some things that they said would be in the game that they backed down on:
>custom childhood hero
>multiple appartaments to buy
>classes
childhood hero is changed to something more fitting

sure apartments has been dialed back, so thats one.

classes are in the game and this has never changed AFAIK
unless you were expecting them to make a game where you could be everything from rocker boy to nomad to corpo and the rest?
i think they've picked the ones where it makes sense to the game play, and the others we may exp them through story and quest while not actually being them.
because cop and solo would play essentially the same, and how you would make a class for media or fixer and give it context?
im not sure how that would work, and anyway we may get to exp being a cop through a mission, or get a mission where we help a media guy.
we dont know how it will work yet.

imo everything they have changed or altered made sense so far, we may even get apartments or a new class in DLC.
lets just wait and see

Actually what surprise me is that in C2077 gameplay takes priority over background.
Why would they think otherwise? Designing a game with style over substance in mind leads to a very empty and shallow game. Developers are more than capable making up for deficiencies in a game world by utilizing that space very well.

Top Bottom