Are we over-hyping the game?

+
After the announcement from the games art director that there would only be one apartment, hearing that it's impossible to have a true "human playthrough", getting little to no details about companions or if we'll be able to interact with our favorite characters after the game... I'm starting to question how much of a game there's gonna be outside of the main quest line.

I suppose all the hype came from the possibilities. I was hoping for an RPG where I could do whatever I wanted to in Night City (within reason). It's starting to seem like, either we're rushing them to finish the game or they've decided story takes place over freedom of gameplay.

I don't doubt it'll be one of the best game stories I've ever played through. But, I'm also thinking it's gonna lack in depth once the story's over.

I can't imagine being in this world, having millions, and not being able to buy or customize apartments. I won't say it's killed my hype, but it's making me think more realistically about what to expect. I'd rather set my expectations low and be amazed by what we get than have high expectations and be disappointed.
When was it said there would only be one apartment?

He has only visited CDPR studio twice. He must be reading this forum ALOT. I wonder who he is here.
And where do you get the information Mike's only been to CDPRs studios twice?

Personally I rather doubt Mike posts here. Tho he may occasionally visit just to get a feel for the sorts of things people are concerned or happy with.

I don't remember where and when, but I've read the same actually.

And where do you get the information Mike's only been to CDPRs studios twice?

Personally I rather doubt Mike posts here. Tho he may occasionally visit just to get a feel for the sorts of things people are concerned or happy with.

Lilayah said this in podcast few days ago:

• How much do Talsorian and Mike stop by to check in with progress?
I've seen Mike stop by twice now, but the journey between America and Poland is long and tiring.

He might have physically visited them twice but I bet him and CDPR communicate all the time. I also remember him saying that he actually PLAYED the game a couple times. If a random journalist/ forum user can form a semi-valid opinion about the game after 1.5h of footage, then the creator of CP can influence the game with just two visits, it seems fairly realistic anyway.
Overall, he seems to be quite invested and involved with the project. Maybe not on development level sort of things but it's 100% an improvement over Sapkowski for TW lol

Top Bottom