Are we supposed to update the game to 1.2 before applying the EE 1.4 patch?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we supposed to update the game to 1.2 before applying the EE 1.4 patch?

I've finally managed to download the ee 1.4 patch from another server, and the language pack to my game (English), When I run the Twee_Upgrade.exe I select the English language, then agree twice to the licensing agreements, then go through the confirmation to validate my serial number online, and it starts to install but then tells me that the right language pack is not installed and that I should install that first. Which language pack is that? It wont let me install the EE language pack before the TWEE_Upgrade file (I've already tried that) so do I need to go dig out the 1.2 patch and apply that to my game first?The reason it's not already installed is because I pulled TW off my hard drive ages ago after they announced the EE edition.

Okay well I found the 1.2 update on gamershell.com so I installed that, and then tried the EE version and now it is installing itself, so ..... Even if it's not supposed to need it, if anybody else runs into this problem and hasn't updated the original release game to at least 1.2, then try that first.

Well, I had the game patched to 1.2 and I'm still getting the same error message you got. Any tips?EDIT: Nevermind. Found the solution buried in another thread. Need to have the language pack.exe and the updater.exe in the same folder prior to install.

bogaty said:
Well, I had the game patched to 1.2 and I'm still getting the same error message you got. Any tips?EDIT: Nevermind. Found the solution buried in another thread. Need to have the language pack.exe and the updater.exe in the same folder prior to install.
Correct, that was probably my problem all along. I hadn't yet downloaded the language pack (it was still downloading) and I figured theres no way that one executable file is going to call another executable file, they would need a data file if anything but apparently I was wrong and it needed the language executable), so maybe it doesn't really need to have the 1.2 or 1.3 patch installed prior, never the less, it certainly didn't seem to hurt anything either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom