Are you disappointed?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

For the game to release in this state is truly perplexing given the amount of times they delayed release. Especially some of the things that one would think might be relatively trivial issues such as:

* Not being able to re-bind menu shortcuts

* Being able to rebind "exit vehicle" but not "enter vehicle"

* No toggle ADS

* No way to increment walk speed (walk speed is too fast)

Just to name a few. I've also experienced the floating guns and also during training a character walked out of the fucking playable area and just stood there; I had to re-load a checkpoint because I couldn't kill him.

[Minor spoilers below]

One issue that I have with the game is that the exposition during the first of the game (the only part I've played) made really no fucking sense to me. I started out as the nomad and did a mission with Jackie, a guy who I had never met before (apparently). By the end of this mission we are suddenly shaking hands as best friends, and then you're immediately shown a montage of you and Jackie and your various hijinks together. At the end of this montage you are thrust immediately back into gameplay where you're apparently doing a mission with Jackie, but you are given virtually no explanation of the events that occurred between then and when you first met Jackie. It seems like it's assumed that you will realize that you joined Jackie's clan or something like that because you're suddenly taking orders from a black woman named T-Bone or something like that (who you never saw before). I was just really fucking confused and it feels like the beginning of the game got off to an incredibly weak start.
lol, it's T-Bug. But T-Bone made me chuckle.
Same for Corpo. Random happy montage, no explanation of anything in between. I felt that the writing may have been weak during various trailers in the past though, but it's worse than I thought.

lol, it's T-Bug. But T-Bone made me chuckle.
Same for Corpo. Random happy montage, no explanation of anything in between. I felt that the writing may have been weak during various trailers in the past though, but it's worse than I thought.
Lmao. God damn, that shit honestly does not bode well for the rest of the game. I mean everything was good up until that dumb montage and then you're immediately thrust into a situation with little to no explanation. They could've handled that so much better. It does not inspire any confidence within me that I should expect much more from the rest of the game, but I can only hope so.

I mean seriously, wtf? I always knew this game wouldn't be mythical god-tier status but this isn't even feeling like a "good" game at this point. Let alone what Cyberpunk 2077 was "supposed" to be... This is feeling more like a "bad" game than anything else, as much as it pains me to say it. Maybe that's preemptive since I haven't played the rest of the game yet but what I HAVE experienced thus far has really negatively colored my expectations.

The only disappointment I have is the fact that the F key is hard-coded, which cannot be remedied by auto-hotkey! Other than that, I'm not sure that I'm allowed to dick around night city or not after the prologue quest
(The one shown at e3 where you had to rescue the kidnapped victim)
and after the moxxy jack-in quest...
I really want to rack up some levels/credits so I can get those sweet-sweet mantis blades!

I just tried the driving, wow... expected it to be actually pretty good since there was a whole segment about that on a night city wire episode.
Also just had an incident where Jackie phased out the car... lol these problems are funny but I do want them fixed.

I just tried the driving, wow... expected it to be actually pretty good since there was a whole segment about that on a night city wire episode.
Also just had an incident where Jackie phased out the car... lol these problems are funny but I do want them fixed.
As I said on another post it's like they didn't bother playtesting with mouse and keyboard. Since the keyboard has none of the granular control that analogue input does (like a controller) you can't just copy/paste controls from one input device to another and expect everything to work well (and it feels like that's what they did). Sad to say, it feels like how it played with a controller came first and KBM was an afterthought.

These issues could be fixed pretty easily. Personally, I think that you should not be able to lose traction and drift quite so easily when turning left or right even if you're going full speed (unless you're pulling the e-brake). They could make a simple adjustment here that would make the driving much more enjoyable.

In addition to that they could add "increase vehicle speed" and "decrease vehicle speed" keybinds which we could potentially bind to the mouse wheel to give us more control over how fast we're driving. This would be similar to how we could control our walking speed (see Star Citizen for example).

All keys should be re-bindable, no questions.

But even if all of the technical issues are fixed, I wonder what the rest of the game looks like without these distractions? I already know that the first 1-2 hours of the game were incredibly confusing and not well-explained. I'm hoping that was more of an isolated liberty taken to get us into the "meat" of the game, but I guess I won't know until I play more, and I probably won't play more until some of these issues are fixed.

Considering ive been here for 2 years or so, and waiting for the game for far longer...

I haven't even started new game, went immediately into settings and cannot bind arrow keys to movement. Ive played that way since the 80's. Im old, im not changing now.

Refund requested. Yeah i guess you could call that disappointed.

I wasn't, until i got softlocked in literally one of the first main quests, wondering what happened with all those delays..the salt is speaking here mostly, the game looks great and all, but that's just REALLY disappointing imo

After toying around with the game for maybe 5ish hours I wouldn't say disappointed is the right word for it. Pleased with some things and... uninspired by others.

Good: The narrative, world, characters and various other elements often found in an RPG are respectable.

Bad: The combat feels like Halo with a progression system slapped in there to make you pew pew more better, the inventory/loot systems feel like they range between a regression and a copy/paste of the typical "loot all the things, they're everywheres" model, and the progression does indeed feel like it's heavily funneled toward making you more better at playing Halo (aka, combat focused... exactly as it appeared from pre-release footage and information).

Honestly, the best way to describe it is if you took individual elements from a variety of popular games and shoved them together. It's not terrible and I do enjoy playing it. It's not groundbreaking either though.

Fortunately, I've managed to dodge the bug monster for the most part. But... on that front things are unquestionably sloppy. Little things here or there are not hard to notice on a routine basis. It makes one think all the polishing during those delays and waiting could have been executed a bit better.

For the record, yes, I am extrapolating off a limited amount of play time. Perhaps with more hours my perspective will shift in one direction or another.

As I said on another post it's like they didn't bother playtesting with mouse and keyboard. Since the keyboard has none of the granular control that analogue input does (like a controller) you can't just copy/paste controls from one input device to another and expect everything to work well (and it feels like that's what they did). Sad to say, it feels like how it played with a controller came first and KBM was an afterthought.

These issues could be fixed pretty easily. Personally, I think that you should not be able to lose traction and drift quite so easily when turning left or right even if you're going full speed (unless you're pulling the e-brake). They could make a simple adjustment here that would make the driving much more enjoyable.

In addition to that they could add "increase vehicle speed" and "decrease vehicle speed" keybinds which we could potentially bind to the mouse wheel to give us more control over how fast we're driving. This would be similar to how we could control our walking speed (see Star Citizen for example).

All keys should be re-bindable, no questions.

But even if all of the technical issues are fixed, I wonder what the rest of the game looks like without these distractions? I already know that the first 1-2 hours of the game were incredibly confusing and not well-explained. I'm hoping that was more of an isolated liberty taken to get us into the "meat" of the game, but I guess I won't know until I play more, and I probably won't play more until some of these issues are fixed.
I'm using controller and it's pretty bad... I can't imagine using mouse and keyboard as well if it's bad with a controller :/ wow

I wasn't, until i got softlocked in literally one of the first main quests, wondering what happened with all those delays..the salt is speaking here mostly, the game looks great and all, but that's just REALLY disappointing imo
That's not salt that's legitimate criticism. The game is fucking broken in more ways than one. Regardless of how long we've waited for it they decided to release it in this state. It's unacceptable for any game; not just because it's Cyberpunk.

I'm glad that it seems most people here are of the same mind. I was looking forward to 2077 as much as anyone else and I'm equally dismayed at the release.

If the update we got was suppose to fix things. I hate to see what was there before?...Now I know why you delayed....Disappointed with no sliders in Char-creation. Women were axed out of many options? Sexism still reigns in CDP-red? Get some Feminist in your operations? ESPecially Char-creations artist as they did a terrible job. Or was it management who held to tight a reign on creativity?

Now for the bugs I found. 1. ripper doc chair, can't get out....end of game there, for now till you patch that?
2. Driving car without using mouse? I crashed driving 1mph into cops who then killed me.
3. Car later just bumped into man on sidewalk again driving very slowly and he was under my car and car almost flipped over backing off of him. cops again started shooting and I was able to run away from them. But it was peddled cops only come if....not bumping into man on sidewalk?
Also had problem with inventory at times, and was unable to get out of inventory? Had to ctrl-alt-delete and reboot game.
Another patch please?

That's not salt that's legitimate criticism. The game is fucking broken in more ways than one. Regardless of how long we've waited for it they decided to release it in this state. It's unacceptable for any game; not just because it's Cyberpunk.

I'm glad that it seems most people here are of the same mind. I was looking forward to 2077 as much as anyone else and I'm equally dismayed at the release.

yeah you're right, im glad poeple agree.

I am very disappointed with textures and resolution on my PS 4 Pro (4k hdr panel).This is like lowest graphic setting on mid range PC...Started like Nomad,and all textures is smudged,no details...RDR2 and Last of Us is like light year better then this...

One thing, that is really fucking annoying is that if I bump into and smash things, it triggers hostility. People will run and cops in the are go hostile.

???
Post automatically merged:

Also, major bug in 3440x1440, tool tips dissappear when the resolution defaults to normal 1440 for menus and that.

4 hours in and haven't encountered anything but a very minor visuals, however im really disappointed with PC optimization, either i deal with it or wait until i can get ahold of a new GPU... whenever that is
im also considering Geforce Now, if anyone here using please share how it plays

So that is what cd project meant when they told "Will be polished as Red Redemption 2" matter of fact RDR2 on pc runned very poorly at the release

I am dissapointed with how many bugs this game has after the delays. Its like.. ehhh I actually agree with those posts about "just delay it until '21" now..

Overall, im not though love the game.

One thing im not dissapointed about? the kids wandering around. The little buggers got so much fucking swagger.

After having played for roughly 6 hours, I made the tough decision to put the game on ice for now until things get sorted out. I certainly don't say that lightly. I totally fell in love with Night City itself, what a marvelous place to explore...kudos to the worldbuilding team! But way too many aspects make it really hard for me to keep exploring that micro-universe though. I'm not necessarily talking about all the (for me mostly visual) bugs and glitches which I'm sure will be fixed with time, but rather certain gameplay mechanics which are probably much harder to change without affecting the base structure of the game. It just feels as if certain mechanics haven't been thought through enough.

The NPC AI needs a serious overhaul. I had several encounters with hostile NPCs not moving or reacting to my presence. My very first cyberpsycho just stood behind a crate with only his head sticking out, not moving an inch despite the fact that I put several mags into his brainless skull. Pedestrians also act in weird ways when danger is present. I would have liked to see a more dynamic reaction rather than just cowering. They're pretty stiff in general. I don't expect or need a chaos system as in GTA, but immersion is one hell of a factor, especially for an RPG of this magnitude.

Why does regular clothing have fixed stats when fashion is considered mandatory in the Cyberpunk universe? V is supposed to be a merc, so why don't we just have sets of armor with fixed stats that accompanies our regular clothes so we're actually able to look fresh instead of someone who blindly grabbed second hand stuff from a thrift store's bargain table only to have better stats? I would have even prefered the slot mechanic that was mentioned in an interview a while ago. No clue why they would threw that one out to replace it with the horrible current system. The whole loot system is basically pretty messed up from what I've seen so far.

I could write all morning about awkward bugs and weird gameplay decisions I've noticed in just 6 hours playtime. No question CDPR is well aware of the current state the game is in. I still trust them to turn the most severe things around, but releasing a game in such a disastrous state in the first place is unacceptable for every studio out there. Yet, I'm still looking forward to spend more time in Night City and finally discover the stories it has to offer. Hopefully sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom