Are you disappointed?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shorter story than W3 perhaps but probably more in depth, bigger choices, bigger consequences. If a story is too long the average gamer wont be playing through the game a second time especially if they dont even finish the first run.

What's worth noting is that in Witcher 3 we played through the story of Geralt who has a more or less defined moral code, aspirations and motives. In CP2077 you make the choices for your V from start to finish. You define your character and their path.

The map looks pretty darn big, hand crafted 6 districts with distinct designs from the trash on the floor to the way people dress and talk all tank into account when it comes to the distinct cultures of each district.

Subway was never a real promised feature. Game development is like that some ideas that might seem good initially dont always pan out. Not a big deal as the subway is still used for fast travelling.

Flathead was not scrapped it still plays a part in the game. How big remains to be seen but flathead wasnt removed completely.

29 base models with variations from rusted old to toned up. Some cars dont have old versions like the expensive brands corpos drive with.

Car customization would had been cool but hardly anything I'm fussed over. There are some cool looking cars to steal or acquire already. ( Wraith version of Quadra looks so good to me! )

No third person perspective cause it's a first person game duh.
For good reasons and I fully agree with this choice.

Third person cutscenes? Once again it's a first person game. Seems logical.

Wall running? Prince of Persia 2077? No thanks.

There is no missing content since the content you have seen was marketed as work in progress and wasnt representative of the final product.

Micro transactions are fine if they are done tastefully and from what I've heard they did it well in Gwent.
Since MP is developed separately and since MP requires maintenance there is no point in any busines when you start losing money rather thank make it. Im not all too fussed about this since they said they will always go for value for money and smart monetization.

Let the game come out, and read the reviews if you feel like CDPR is trying to scam you but as far as I am concerned CP2077 was ready a year ago but they take time to perfect it.
I sound biased and maybe I am cause I want this game to succeed but I feel I bring some valid points to the table.

I take it all back. I am totally dissapointed this game will be a total flop!!

I mean.. look how they massacared my boy...

Ok yeah this is obviously sarcasm. But Trauma team had some style in the orignal look. THey looked bad ass with a bit of street style. But in the most recent footage from tokyo show, they dont have that look anymore. The colours changed, logos removed foot wear.. they look generic now?

I loved trauma team because of the aesthitic cdpr had for them. Im a bit sad it was changed from their original look

Other than that though the new footage looks so great in every way, massive upgrade.

Ok yeah this is obviously sarcasm. But Trauma team had some style in the orignal look. THey looked bad ass with a bit of street style. But in the most recent footage from tokyo show, they dont have that look anymore. The colours changed, logos removed foot wear.. they look generic now?

Regarding generic appearance, it definitely doesn't help that they wear masks that cover the entire face. Thats taking away most of the defining features of a person right there.

Regarding generic appearance, it definitely doesn't help that they wear masks that cover the entire face. Thats taking away most of the defining features of a person right there.

Haha. True. But I think the logo adds a bit of personality and aesthetic to it. They also polished them and made them a lot whiter, shinier. They looked better when they had more grey and didnt look so clean.

Well it just comes down to personal opinion. I just prefered the previous version, and thats it.

Shorter story than W3 perhaps but probably more in depth, bigger choices, bigger consequences. If a story is too long the average gamer wont be playing through the game a second time especially if they dont even finish the first run.

What's worth noting is that in Witcher 3 we played through the story of Geralt who has a more or less defined moral code, aspirations and motives. In CP2077 you make the choices for your V from start to finish. You define your character and their path.

The map looks pretty darn big, hand crafted 6 districts with distinct designs from the trash on the floor to the way people dress and talk all tank into account when it comes to the distinct cultures of each district.

Subway was never a real promised feature. Game development is like that some ideas that might seem good initially dont always pan out. Not a big deal as the subway is still used for fast travelling.

Flathead was not scrapped it still plays a part in the game. How big remains to be seen but flathead wasnt removed completely.

29 base models with variations from rusted old to toned up. Some cars dont have old versions like the expensive brands corpos drive with.

Car customization would had been cool but hardly anything I'm fussed over. There are some cool looking cars to steal or acquire already. ( Wraith version of Quadra looks so good to me! )

No third person perspective cause it's a first person game duh.
For good reasons and I fully agree with this choice.

Third person cutscenes? Once again it's a first person game. Seems logical.

Wall running? Prince of Persia 2077? No thanks.

There is no missing content since the content you have seen was marketed as work in progress and wasnt representative of the final product.

Micro transactions are fine if they are done tastefully and from what I've heard they did it well in Gwent.
Since MP is developed separately and since MP requires maintenance there is no point in any busines when you start losing money rather thank make it. Im not all too fussed about this since they said they will always go for value for money and smart monetization.

Let the game come out, and read the reviews if you feel like CDPR is trying to scam you but as far as I am concerned CP2077 was ready a year ago but they take time to perfect it.
I sound biased and maybe I am cause I want this game to succeed but I feel I bring some valid points to the table.
Fair enough

I take it all back. I am totally dissapointed this game will be a total flop!!

I mean.. look how they massacared my boy...

I loved trauma team because of the aesthitic cdpr had for them. Im a bit sad it was changed from their original look

Other than that though the new footage looks so great in every way, massive upgrade.
I like the 2018 version much better in that image. It looks very real and believable. The Trauma Team does seem to have a much better style in 2018 100% (based on the image at least) And even the 2018 city background looks better.
I really hope the 2020 version underneath isn't real, maybe it's a very high quality fake. It just looks cheap and fake and worse in every conceivable way, including the background buildings.

shorter story and nothing special in romances (imo) is a lil bit sad for me, but I can endure I guess

Am I disappointed certain options aren't in the game, such as a third-person view? Slightly, some more than others. Am I disappointed in the game as a whole? No, for all I know I might play the game and actually wind up agreeing with design choices made across the board. I prefer to wait until I can try the game out before I decide if the entire game is a disappointment.

It's a bit too early to talk about multiplayer it's a stand alone project and who is to say something akin to trauma team/flying cars control is not part of a DLC.
Regardless I'm agreeing with Secretz that yall should chill and play the game before you talk disappointment
For all we know there is plenty of stuff that is being kept a secret.
Like Keanu Reeves was a surprise; they are good at keeping big things under a rug :D

I act like the new Trauma Team better. They actually look high end, in the old one they looked like they came from some abandoned building that was repurposed to be a hospital. Now they look like they are properly funded and trained. I just wish they had kept their logo.

I think first person cut-scenes is an interesting choice. The fact that the game is shorter is exactly how I want it, because the map will become more interesting when prioritizing detail and variety over size. This game takes place largely in a big city, so it's much more important that the space feels lived in and real, not generic and empty --which is what would happen if the map was too big. They have limited time, so developers often have to make a decision between a large open world with less detail and variety, or a small condensed world with more detail and variety.

I think the main things I'm sad/disappointed about are

-*SEEMINGLY* simplistic combat and combat animations. This is especially true of melee. Doing the same 2-3 hit jab combo is... underwhelming. I also don't know if guns will feel like they have more impact. From the gameplay I've seen so far, they seem a little more like peashooters than actual firearms. Might just be the beta stuff without all the finishing touches put on though IDK.

-No companion. I understand WHY they did it, but I feel it would have added such a nice touch to the game. Right now, Tech and Intelligence just feel like things to supplement your combat skills. They don't really feel like they can stand on their own and be who your character is. You play a Solo... who might have a little hacking knowledge or tech skill. Having a companion you controlled as part of Tech would have given more incentive to invest besides just being better at modding gear.

-No wall running. This kinda feeds into the first point. Combat looks kinda stale right now and more mobility options would have spiced that up a lot. Running on a wall while blasting people with a shotgun or dashing up a wall and slamming down on an enemy with your Gorilla Arms would have added a fantastic layer to combat flair.

I don't mind the shorter story as there *seems* to be some replayability (assuming balance and other "classes" are actually a thing). The map may only be around 5.7x5.7km, but the city is dense and has layers due to large buildings. I imagine it will be bigger than it appears on paper...because 2D vs 3D. Subway system? I'm not a fan of public transport and I thought that it was still technically in the game, you just used it as fast travel instead of actually getting on it. Correct that impression if it is wrong. Cars? 29 known varieties is still pretty good and I don't mind that there is a lack of customization too much. It stings that I can't deck out my ride with neon-violet trim, black matte paint, and the logo of my favorite gang/corp, but we can still have vehicles and that is good. Don't care too much about 3rd person. Less immersive IMO. The apartments also stings, but I'm not THAT broken up over it. I'm more sad that I can't add decorations to the only one I have rather than just buying a new one.
Overall, my stance is that I'd rather have the game in 2020 than wait another 57 years for them to implement and perfect everything under the sun.

As good as Cyberpunk 2077 will be, it also has its drawbacks.

- Shorter main story than The Witcher 3
- Small Map
- No Subway System
- Can't use the Flathead as a companion
- Only 29 base model vehicles
- No Third-Person Perspective
- Third Person Cutscenes are almost non-existent
- No Wall Running
- No Car Customization
- Can't own multiple apartments
- Only 70 GB (Not as big as Red Dead Redemption 2)

I'll add more missing content if I think of any. Are you disappointed with these missing features? I am but Cyberpunk 2077 will still be a great game nonetheless.

you don't seem disappointed, you seem frustrated.
"Disappointment is a let down. It's discouragement, a form of disenchantment, the opposite of satisfaction or delight.
Frustration is more pent up, thwarted, a sense of being obstructed, the opposite of being supported or helped "

Not at all

I believe cd project red acomplished a lot

Specially on a gender of games that hasn't been explored much

you don't seem disappointed, you seem frustrated.
"Disappointment is a let down. It's discouragement, a form of disenchantment, the opposite of satisfaction or delight.
Frustration is more pent up, thwarted, a sense of being obstructed, the opposite of being supported or helped "
Perhaps a lot of us are frustrated as a result of our disappointment. :smart:

what he said.
true, and it works both ways, one can feed on the other.
If you guys are playing this on pc, I hope modders will eventually come up with solutions in the same way they managed to enhance the witcher 3
Mods make every game better. I'm so glad Mountainblade 2 Butterlord (just came out on gog.com 2nd October 2020) has excellent mod support and just released a toolkit. I'm already looking into seeing if I can add some nice quality of life mods so that the few little things that bother me (if any) can be cleaned up, as well as adding some nice things that I'm very happy people have made for the game. The game is very good, and the mods take it to another level! :D (y) I hope Cyberpunk2077 will also be very good and have very good mod support and mod toolkit. I'm looking forward to it.

Mods make every game better. I'm so glad Mountainblade 2 Butterlord (just came out on gog.com 2nd October 2020) has excellent mod support and just released a toolkit. I'm already looking into seeing if I can add some nice quality of life mods so that the few little things that bother me (if any) can be cleaned up, as well as adding some nice things that I'm very happy people have made for the game. The game is very good, and the mods take it to another level! :D (y) I hope Cyberpunk2077 will also be very good and have very good mod support and mod toolkit. I'm looking forward to it.

Cool. Didn't know that, thanks for the heads up. Now I definitely want to buy this game... once I'm able to upgrade my pc :'( Looking forward to seeing the inevitable LOTR conversion mods though haha.

Not to derail too much, but do you know if gog has multiplayer cross-play with steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom