Are you disappointed?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
As good as Cyberpunk 2077 will be, it also has its drawbacks.

- Shorter main story than The Witcher 3
- Small Map
- No Subway System
- Can't use the Flathead as a companion
- Only 29 base model vehicles
- No Third-Person Perspective
- Third Person Cutscenes are almost non-existent
- No Wall Running
- No Car Customization
- Can't own multiple apartments
- Only 70 GB (Not as big as Red Dead Redemption 2)

I'll add more missing content if I think of any. Are you disappointed with these missing features? I am but Cyberpunk 2077 will still be a great game nonetheless.

Last edited:
As good as Cyberpunk 2077 will be, it also has its drawbacks.

- Small Map
- No Subway System
- No Wall Running
- No Car Customization

I'll add more missing content if I think of any. Are you disappointed with these missing features? I am but Cyberpunk 2077 will still be a great game nonetheless.

I do miss the ability to fly cars. And drive the subway - that was a thing. I wanted to go cyberpsycho - never done that in the PnP, because it's character death, but you know! I also wanted all 3,000 separate cyberware items.

Oh and all the PnP stats and skills - even geology. Also wanted SCUBA.

Jet packs would have been fun. And lightsabers! Actually serious-ish, I love lightsabers, but they aren't Cyberpunk.

Not only the Flathead, I thought we'd have a full pet class! And, I wanted the Holy Trinity to be in play - DPS, Tank, Shaman.

Oh and included PvP Co Op multiplayer.

To drive tanks and jets. And have a full 5-person party. And turn-based combat! That was a Cyberpunk thing!

They kinda promised we'd be able to play our 2077 characters in the tabletop...or maybe that was more a hope than a promise.

I think they cut remote-controlled cyberpreds? I mean, I don't think they did, but for sure they aren't in the game but -are- in Cyberpunk!

Ciri! Right? Ciri! And Geralt!

I wanted less sidequests, actually. They have more than W3, and that bothers me. I consider that a cut feature. More main game, less side quests, thanks!

I didn't want to go up buildings - Witcher 3 had no verticality, why does Cyberpunk?

Magic. I love me some magic. 2077 needs magic.

I wanted to add multiple cyberarms. It's a Cyberpunk staple, but not in 2077? Obviously cut.

Why -can't- I run a MegaCorp or join the cops? Disappointing. Also Roles. Rockerboy, Media, Corporate. My 2077 game should let me run a rockband. They did talk about that 7 or 8 years ago.

More rain. I said it. More rain. And snow. Witcher 3 had these, Night City needs snow. I was promised a robust weathert system! Multiple apartments!

And so on.

Lot of years of people hoping and wanting and guessing. Development means some things never make it past the idea stage and others are nearly ready, but get chopped as they simply don't work.

Lot of years of people hoping and wanting and guessing. Development means some things never make it past the idea stage and others are nearly ready, but get chopped as they simply don't work.
It's the same deal with beta version of some games. People keep talking about it, modding it into the main game, data-mining and all that, wondering why on earth that didn't make it to the final release. Any creator or developer on Earth will tell you this for sure - they hate scrapping content way more than you do. Yet, if they do so, there is a solid reason for that, which may seem invisible or minor to the player.

I don't remember any single game that had so much talk about its downsides even before it got released. Especially with so little rock-solid promises being made during the development.

I don't remember any single game that had so much talk about its downsides even before it got released. Especially with so little rock-solid promises being made during the development.

Oh, Witcher 3 had a lot. Probably not this much, but a lot. My favourite is the Hair Downgrade thread. pages of arguing about whether Geralt, Yen and Triss hair in one promotional image had been substantially reduced in quality.

Pages. Before launch. Yep...

Shorter main story because witcher 3 was aparently to long for a majority of people, but overall more content.

The map isnt small.

3-4 never cared about these.

29 is a decent amount and they have tons of unique customized ones.

Think 1st person only is better.

Rather haved the 1st person cut scenes and the nice occasional 3rd person.

I guess its a bit dissapointing we cant wall run since it was origninally said we could, but if it was never announced then it wouldnt matter so I dont really care much..

Im dissapointed I can not customize cars.

So to answer the question : No, no im not. The game looks great and im looking forward to it, a lot.

"with these missing features"

I wouldnt even call them missing features, really. I think sardukhar made a good point why.

Btw, on the cut scenes. Remember the gameplay shown where we saw royce pull the gun, or you get into the bath tub of ice etc? these are "cut scenes" in this game.

Immersive, fluid, interactable "cut scenes" like this is what cdpr opted for instead of something else like "cinematic 3rd person cut scenes" And I have to say, I think its a far better option.

And they still occasionly have 3rd person ones for "seg ways" is what I think it will be, which should fit in very well. Like the elevator and apartment scenes.

Yes, i had hoped for a more options.
Joining / running gangs and or being a mover & shaker of corps, businesses etc, and buying top customizable penthouses.
More sandboxy, but with in world ramifications - not just the cosmetic fluff like GTA has. Ive purchased the airport. Make it mean something

The fact that you listed Third Person Perspective as a missing feature for a First Person RPG, is kind of silly.

I might be so hyped that I'm not thinking straight, but I don't find the map to be small - or more importantly - I don't think it matters. It's more important how they use that space, and what they fill it with, than the square mileage.

It's unfortunate when announced features are later scrapped, but as along as the reasoning behind doing so is valid, I don't see the problem. I doubt it's laziness, or ineptness - it might be good for the game that there's no wall running. Maybe it was too cumbersome, as they said.

It's all about perspective. The game has a shorter main story than Witcher 3, but how much longer than other games? You get the gist.

In short - hell no.
Doesn't mean anything. Story can drag or be really condensed - it will affect how we perceive it. Plus, does the raw number take it into account that we have 3 backgrounds that alter things considerably and add replay value (corpo, nomad, street kid)?
- Small Map
In what way is it small if you need a vehicle to traverse it? Plus there's vertical element. Open world games are monstrous in size these days. I still remember the times when games were really tiny, yet still had a few dozens of hours of gameplay in them. It's all about how it's used.
- No Subway System
Who cares. Feels like a gimmick without much real use outside fast travel.
Since I never saw it in action, I'm not sure what to miss here. If it was a working and enjoyable system that got the knife...
I personally don't care about car park.
Somewhat "out of context" disappointing, because I simply like TPP in games. I play VtMB in TPP mode. I like to look at my avatar. But overall experience will matter more than individual parts. Besides, it was never promised. So it's not a missing feature. It was never there.
It makes sense if they want you experience interactions in FPP (or need to cut some corners). But it somewhat diminishes "craft your own character" looks-wise.
- No Wall Running
It was probably too OP ability for game designers and level designers. Well, can't say I'm missing it, because it wasn't really advertised much so I didn't have much opportunity to get attached to it.
- No Car Customization
I don't care about car customization in the slightest. Never bothered with it in any game that allowed that (that isn't racing).

BOOO! That bugged me a lot! I am hoping the stuff they cut out pushed back/cut off will be re-added in future DLCs.
I am all for story and I hate it when they cut stuff out and there are missing plot hooks afterwards. Something just doesn't add up and you know it.

This is a bad decision!!!

- Small Map
Not so much, but again why not expand areas in DLCs?

- No Subway System
That feels unrealistic for a futuristic city

I don't really care about these to be honest. First person shooter/RPG? Sure! why not? If they allow mods, I am sure someone will develop it.

- No Wall Running
Now, that was a disappointment. It was the first thing that advertised and decided to kick it out as soon as it started hindering the release date.

- No Car Customization
It would be a really nice addition, but I can live without

Overall, no, but with some bitter aftertaste.

A big living neon-city, lifepaths, a bit of dress up, combat, and world interaction. But more importantly, a big branching CDPR written, roller coaster with huge replayability is all I need. No, Detroit Become human doesn't cut it for me.

If they didn't say anything about what got cut and what remained as a feature, that could've made this situation less complicated. TW3 was supposed to have an Ice Skating section and a VATS-like mechanic that got cut out. And nobody cared cause those were mentioned after the release and after going through the experience, realizing that it could've been nice to have them but ultimately doesn't need them.

Last edited:
I kept my fingers crossed for a lot of things (some all the way from the first announcement 8 years ago). All gameplaymechanical. None happened as far as I know; and stuff happened that I hoped wouldn't have. So yeah, there is some disappointment in the air.

But I'm sure the game is... good for what it is, I guess. But it's not going to be the sort of "Jesus-game" some people seem to think.

Last edited:
(I apologize for using the google translator. I can read English quite well, but I can't write at all)

All of the listed points are not a disadvantage for me.

- Short storyline? But more side quests and more time to complete!
- Only 29 base machines ... in total ?! If I try at least half it will be wonderful. I am sure that many will not even try all 29 types.
- Metro?. The DeusEx metro only irritated me. Maybe the first few times it will be interesting, but then it will get bored and you will hate it.
- Run on the walls? What for? It's not Titanfall. It's good for a meat shooter. But not for RPGs. (yes, I know that the game is almost like a shooter, but still it's more of an RPG)
- Customization of cars? As far as I understand, it will be, just minimal. To be honest, in those games where it could be done, I never did it. So I don't care.
- Third person view? Perhaps this is the only minus that worries me. But I am sure that the CDPR will do everything well and will play well with a first-person view. Moreover, this is something new, a new experience, it is really interesting.

Bottom line: no, I don't care a bit about the quality of the game and the possibilities to have fun and interesting time in it. I believe the CDPR. They will make a great game!

I am disappointed compared to what was announced, but not disappointed in the meaning as being surprised by a bad new as I'm now as pessimist about the game and that you cannot be disappointed if you aren't hoping for something.

you do bring some interesting points but some are just beating a dead horse at this point

-As for the length i do find it weird,they did say that there is a focus on replay value and while i do respect that i do not want that replay value at the expense of the first playthrough,they said that the story is "Slightly" shorter and that is without counting the side content,im hoping that it will be 60+ hours (including side content) the witcher 3 was around 100 (including side content) im just worried that the pacing for the game is too fast for its own good and so far according to the previews this sadly does seem to be the case especially since they all said that they felt overwhelmed in a bad way

- The map may be smaller but if its more dense im fine with it,i really hate empty open world games,i have been playing deus ex MD and i just absolutely loved how even though its small its filled to the brim with amazing content.

-Yeah removing subway is....weird especially since they are focusing alot on worldbuilding/immersion

-As for the removal of flathead while disappointing i can understand why they did that its normal with alot of games to have a shit ton of scrapped ideas that are really good,the witcher 3 also had that,the problem however the tech stat will be awkward AF like its very clear that it stands out like a sore thumb compared to the other stats,im not saying its useless but its definitely weaker than the others.

- TPP is where i feel that beating a dead horse at this point,i was disappointed at the start but it is a deliberate design choice and according to the previews pretty much everyone praised this approach to the cutscenes even the most critical ones.

- No wall running and car customization does suck but i feel that they used that for more meaningful content which is fine i guess

biggest criticism i have so far is having youtubers/streamers and having to do side quests for them,this is probably one of the dumbest design choices i have seen in a while especially for a game that is all about immersion.

TW3 is quite padded and the pacing could use a lot of work
they said its "slightly" shorter, than an already very lengthy game, im not worried

- Small Map
you probably mean the city, it seems quite sizeable to me

- No Subway System
would greatly improve immersion
- No Wall Running
- No Car Customization
Indifferent, i knew wallrunning wouldn't make it because you have to design the entire game around it say Titanfall
car customization is something i do when the game requires me to do so, don't care about it really

replacing fixed 3rd person cutscene with first person, fully interactive ones is a positive for me

Oh, Witcher 3 had a lot. Probably not this much, but a lot. My favourite is the Hair Downgrade thread. pages of arguing about whether Geralt, Yen and Triss hair in one promotional image had been substantially reduced in quality.

Pages. Before launch. Yep...
Harsh. I wonder why Control (by Remedy, the guys who made Max Paynes) didn't get as much blabber about main character looking different from game's cover. Not complaining at all, but she does look different, especially her lower jaw, and I think she isn't a perfect replica of her real self in the game.

That was a real person behind the image and motion capture and facial animations and voice over, mind you, and it all received way less 'disappointed talks'. Thankfully.

Genuine question here - why is Cyberpunk 2077 getting so much attention of that kind? And, apparently, Witcher 3 got it to a comparable degree for what reason? I've been waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 since 2012 or 2013 (I don't know which I've seen first - the title reveal or the cybersquad teaser) and tried my best to follow everything official or trustworthy there was about this game, but my expectations didn't need managing at all. Did I miss a huge mass of material from CDPR promising, like, 100% and another 100% that everything we see, hear or think and imagine about the game is going to be in it no matter what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom