Are you disappointed?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
people too lazy to Google before ranting and a huge complex game that offers:

Character generation based off a PnP Game.

Based on which PnP game?
Because it's not based on C2020 and you knows it.
Post automatically merged:

That’s literally the only thing that constitutes a promise. Anything else is an Assumption on your part, and you know what they say about Assumptions.

Your son: "Will you come see me plays the finals?"
You: "Yes, I will."
*you miss the match*
Your son: "Why didn't you come? You promised me!"
You: "I didn't say "I promise"...":smart:

Affirmations aren't Assumptions.

Last edited:
Yeah, there's a few things I think CDPR could have implemented -- a third person perspective (touchy subject, apologies for bringing this on, @Sardukhar) -- and a few others that I think that shouldn't have been cut off in the first place -- the subway system, the wall running thing and the car customization option, for example --, but what the hell, I don't know shit about game development, all of this might've been cut off for the better!

And after seeing what the game is looking like and is shaping up to be (by watching them Night City Wire episodes), I kinda started to not care that much about the stuff I first mentioned..? Personally I'm fond of what I've seen so far with these (almost) monthly episodes. Game is looking real good!

So, right now I'm really looking forward to play the game first and only then be able to answer the "are you disappointed?" question without sounding like a spoiled child.

As good as Cyberpunk 2077 will be, it also has its drawbacks.

- Shorter main story than The Witcher 3
- Small Map
- No Subway System
- Can't use the Flathead as a companion
- Only 29 base model vehicles
- No Third-Person Perspective
- Third Person Cutscenes are almost non-existent
- No Wall Running
- No Car Customization

I'll add more missing content if I think of any. Are you disappointed with these missing features? I am but Cyberpunk 2077 will still be a great game nonetheless.

Of all the shorter story worries me. TW3 was about 50 hours for just the main story. So if 2077 is shorter, does that mean the main story will be 40 hours? 30 hours?

Also they are doing this cause metrics show many people didnt complete TW3. So what if the metrics shows that many people didn't complete 2077? Are they going to make the theoretical Witcher 4 game shorter? Make it a 20 hour game?

This is what I am most concerned about. Once again metrics and focus groups kills great concepts.

Btw, on the cut scenes. Remember the gameplay shown where we saw royce pull the gun, or you get into the bath tub of ice etc? these are "cut scenes" in this game.

Immersive, fluid, interactable "cut scenes" like this is what cdpr opted for instead of something else like "cinematic 3rd person cut scenes" And I have to say, I think its a far better option.

And they still occasionly have 3rd person ones for "seg ways" is what I think it will be, which should fit in very well. Like the elevator and apartment scenes.

Those "seg way" 3rd person scenes are gone. That is what people are upset about.

Remember the 2018 demo where V wakes up after a one night stand, turns on radio and brushes her teeth before going back to 1st person? Well that is now gone as confirmed by those journalists who played back in June.

Yeah, there's a few things I think CDPR could have implemented -- a third person perspective (touchy subject, apologies for bringing this on, @Sardukhar) -- and a few others that I think that shouldn't have been cut off in the first place -- the subway system, the wall running thing and the car customization option, for example --, but what the hell, I don't know shit about game development, all of this might've been cut off for the better!

And after seeing what the game is looking like and is shaping up to be (by watching them Night City Wire episodes), I kinda started to not care that much about the stuff I first mentioned..? Personally I'm fond of what I've seen so far with these (almost) monthly episodes. Game is looking real good!

So, right now I'm really looking forward to play the game first and only then be able to answer the "are you disappointed?" question without sounding like a spoiled child.

Yeah, cutting all that content but yet they have time to put influencers in the game that nobody asked for.....:shrug:

Last edited:
Also they are doing this cause metrics show many people didnt complete TW3.
No, it's because some people complained that it dragged on. I didn't mind it but I can see why they'd feel that way.
A lot of bigger games experience similar things: a completion rate of 20-30%.

Dragon Age: Origins?
Never played Dragon Age series. Not much of an RPG player in general as well, so yeah, wouldn't know for sure. The biggest experience I have to whatever I described in the post you've quotes is Prey (2017) with its various choices and routes and your laddout throughout the campaign.

CDPR doesn't owe anybody anything. From the beginning things were labeled as "work in progress - does not represent the final look of the game" so expecting anything we saw in the demos was problematic. The point of the demos was not to advertise the set features in the game, that is what the NCWs are for. It is CDPR's game and Mike Pondsmith's world and if they are both happy with it I'm confident I will be too.

Also they are doing this cause metrics show many people didnt complete TW3.

I can tell that my personal reasons for not yet completing W3 are entirely unrelated to the games length.
My reasons are:
1. Cliche male protagonist
2. generic fantasy setting
Both of these are huge turn-offs these days.

CP2077 will improve on both of these accounts, and I am extremely anxiously looking forward to it. I'm gonna play it til I drop.

- Small Map
- No Subway System
- Can't use the Flathead as a companion
- Only 29 base model vehicles
- No Third-Person Perspective
- Third Person Cutscenes are almost non-existent
- No Wall Running
- No Car Customization

I'll add more missing content if I think of any. Are you disappointed with these missing features? I am but Cyberpunk 2077 will still be a great game nonetheless.
Main story - no. If the main story plus interesting side quests is shorter, then I will be disappointed.
Small Map - not sure until I see how that works in the game. If I can climb all 90 stories of some of the buildings, then no.
Subway - yes
Flathead - don't care one way or the other
29 base cars - not at all. I'd prefer just 1 if it could fly.
no 3rd person - YES
Wall running - no
Car customization - only that I can't customize one to fly.

Those "seg way" 3rd person scenes are gone. That is what people are upset about.

Remember the 2018 demo where V wakes up after a one night stand, turns on radio and brushes her teeth before going back to 1st person? Well that is now gone as confirmed by those journalists who played back in June.

No sorry, you have been fooled by mis-information. Those are still there, and at the same level they always were, and so is the one you mentioned. In fact there was one in ncw 2.

Cdpr basicly came out and said "yeah these 3rd person cut scenes are just occasional" and the internet ran with "they have been cut from the game"

edit actually I think it was confusion around a question someone asked "are no more tpp cutscenes" and cdpr replied "yes cut scenes are in FPP" in a bit of mis-communication, and so everyone assumed that means they were cut. and here is someone clearing it up-

Last edited:
I can tell that my personal reasons for not yet completing W3 are entirely unrelated to the games length.
My reasons are:
1. Cliche male protagonist
2. generic fantasy setting
Both of these are huge turn-offs these days.

CP2077 will improve on both of these accounts, and I am extremely anxiously looking forward to it. I'm gonna play it til I drop.
Another reason that a lot of people didn't complete the main quest is that some of the mandatory quests were freaking hard to complete if you build the character wrong. Really hard optional quests are fun, but really hard mandatory ones, with no ability to work around for people who can't complete it (not everyone who plays the game manages to be a combat expert) is frustrating.

2077 is turning out to be an Action Adventure game with a dedicated combat skill tree.

So it's been seeming for a while now. Plus a branching narrative element.

I read a preview in the summer that said that (paraphrasing) "inspite boasting for all the ways to play, CP2077 makes it really hard not to start shooting everyone in front of you", that sounds kinda... I dunno.

But we'll see how good or bad it turns out to be for what it does and how.

recent changes in 2020 male and female V

The official explanation was that this was done to showcase other "character creation options". If this is the case, why they did not make official V of different race? Sure, male V still has to be white because that sells better, but could have made female V asian since they trying to sell the game to China so much.

The official explanation was that this was done to showcase other "character creation options". If this is the case, why they did not make official V of different race? Sure, male V still has to be white because that sells better, but could have made female V asian since they trying to sell the game to China so much.
I don't really think that any race sells a game better than another, since I've seen all kinds of really cool looking people from every walk of life and every background. I would LOVE to see Asian male and female V, as well as Latino male and female V, and also Jamaican too! What would be very nice, is if instead of releasing one character type in 2018, a small change in 2019, and then a large change in 2020, Is if instead there were to be releases of entirely different customized V's every two months. That would probably make more sense, and better showcase the different customization options. I also want to see Egyptian Female V, and Nordic Male V, and different types of African V's. Perhaps even an African V that is a Samurai? I just got flashbacks to Afro Samurai voiced by the famous Samuel L Jackson, which I didn't even think of until after I mentioned that, probably because it's a good idea and just looks absolutely badass, which is why they made that anime probably. It's just so cool. I also want to see female Indian V (from india, pls no assumptions/attacks, just in case)

There's a lot of great potential for so many different types of cool people/V's :D(y)

That one got me the most. The fact that they had to change their way to reduce the hours. Just because The complaints or whatever they study or read. Never thought something like that could happen.

That one got me the most. The fact that they had to change their way to reduce the hours. Just because The complaints or whatever they study or read. Never thought something like that could happen.
as much as I don't mind it if it was intended, CDPR shouldn't let statistics dictate and ruin their artistic vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom