Are you disappointed?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
One disappointment is what they did to Meredith Stout face. She looks much older and her hair is awful. No wonder why Judy is getting all the love lol.
Why would they screw up Meredith Stout so much lol she looked perfectly fine in the 2018 demo.

Last edited:
So it's been seeming for a while now. Plus a branching narrative element.

I read a preview in the summer that said that (paraphrasing) "inspite boasting for all the ways to play, CP2077 makes it really hard not to start shooting everyone in front of you", that sounds kinda... I dunno.

But we'll see how good or bad it turns out to be for what it does and how.

IF what CDPR said is true about being able to complete the game without killing anyone, then I highly suspect that whoever said that just has an itchy trigger finger or doesn't think very creatively about avoiding firefights. But yes, we'll see when the game comes out.

IF what CDPR said is true about being able to complete the game without killing anyone, then I highly suspect that whoever said that just has an itchy trigger finger or doesn't think very creatively about avoiding firefights.

That could well be; gamejournalists tend to be a bit on the... shall we say, superficial side of things.

But also... Ever since it was revealed, I think people have probably read a bit too much into the whole "non-lethal playthrough" thing. CDPR has also said "you can't avoid violence" and "not killing anyone is going to be really hard". It might well be just a gimmicky checklist ordeal to play the game with that specifically in mind instead of happening by it organically without seeking to do so. So there's that too; reading it kinda in a context.

That could well be; gamejournalists tend to be a bit on the... shall we say, superficial side of things.
You don't say?

Then again so are a lot of players it seems.
If a game includes (or excludes) this or that feature it's automatically good/bad.
PvP and mod support being a primary examples of his sort of attitude.

yes, anything else being a promise is a wild assumption on your part.

By your logic, saying that C2077 will be an RPG would be "wild assumption" as they never said "I promise" before.
By that same logic, you can also say that 99,9% of the communication around the game is useless as they don't start each of they sentence by "I promise".:think:
Post automatically merged:

Why would they screw up Meredith Stout so much lol she looked perfectly fine in the 2018 demo.

Personally I prefer her blonde, but anyway it's not important as I will probably have to kill her.

IF what CDPR said is true about being able to complete the game without killing anyone, then I highly suspect that whoever said that just has an itchy trigger finger or doesn't think very creatively about avoiding firefights. But yes, we'll see when the game comes out.

Actually, using a non-lethal weapon isn't "avoiding firefights".
Besides, that's not how I understand what the journalist says.
I understand more as the game not giving enough incentive to avoid combats.

Actually, using a non-lethal weapon isn't "avoiding firefights".

Besides, that's not how I understand what the journalist says.

I understand more as the game not giving enough incentive to avoid combats.

It was shown in the gameplay video that it is possible to avoid firefights by using the environment to distract and run around enemies, incapacitate, etc.

Some firefights do seem to be unavoidable though. For instance, the raider chase in the nomad prologue seems to be unavoidable. I think that there is no incentive to avoid combat in some scenarios such as these, the devs said that avoiding killing anyone altogether would be difficult. Just killing enemies in some scenarios will make your life much easier. I don't see that as a game design problem.

Last edited:
Considering V is a Merc it makes sense that some firefights are unavoidable. Who in their right mind would hire some pansy pacifist to do Mercenary work?

Based on which PnP game?
Because it's not based on C2020 and you knows it.
So there is no Lifepaths choice in Cyberpunk 2020?
There is no attributes like Body, Intelligence, Reflex, Tech and Cool?
There is no roles like Solo, Techie, Netrunner, Corpo or Nomad?

Being "based on" doesn't mean "being a recreation of". It's the same with the world of CP2020. Obviously they can't showcase every single gang, piece of cyberware, facility or part of lore that was ever featured in Cyberpunk 2020, because there would be simply no way to make it all work as a cohesive experience when you are limited to a realm of a single video game, so they just took parts that they believed would work the best as a building blocks of the game world and it's mechanics, then from that they formed the foundations from which they developed the rest.

So there is no Lifepaths choice in Cyberpunk 2020?
There is no attributes like Body, Intelligence, Reflex, Tech and Cool?
There is no roles like Solo, Techie, Netrunner, Corpo or Nomad?

Being "based on" doesn't mean "being a recreation of". It's the same with the world of CP2020. Obviously they can't showcase every single gang, piece of cyberware, facility or part of lore that was ever featured in Cyberpunk 2020, because there would be simply no way to make it all work as a cohesive experience when you are limited to a realm of a single video game, so they just took parts that they believed would work the best as a building blocks of the game world and it's mechanics, then from that they formed the foundations from which they developed the rest.

I like how you present thing as impossible to justify the tiny bit of C2020 as "based off PnP C2020".
It's just as relatable to C2020 character creation as a leg is representative of a whole human.

I like how you present thing as impossible to justify the tiny bit of C2020 as "based off PnP C2020".
It's just as relatable to C2020 character creation as a leg is representative of a whole human.

Uuuuhhh...what? That's a terrible metaphor. Terrible. This is more like the house of 2077 built around the kitchen of 2020.

The delicious heart of the home is 2020. The stats, the theme, the setting, the Roles, the skills, etc etc...all the heart of 2077. Even the chef is there!

I have issues with the 2077 rules I've seen so far, but it's definitely based on 2020. Anyone who plays or runs it will recognize it easily.

I don't present that as impossible. Making a faithful recreation of Cyberpunk 2020 character creator with a scale of 2077 would be impossible (unless you would be satisfied with all of those options acting as a flavour without any impact on the gameplay or story). Which is why they are taking only the parts that they needed to make a cohesive experience, you know, kinda like works based on a comic book or novel take only small parts of the bigger whole to make an adaptation that will work the best in the new format.

Uuuuhhh...what? That's a terrible metaphor. Terrible. This is more like the house of 2077 built around the kitchen of 2020.

The delicious heart of the home is 2020. The stats, the theme, the setting, the Roles, the skills, etc etc...all the heart of 2077. Even the chef is there!

I have issues with the 2077 rules I've seen so far, but it's definitely based on 2020. Anyone who plays or runs it will recognize it easily.

Was talking specifically about character creation.

I don't present that as impossible. Making a faithful recreation of Cyberpunk 2020 character creator with a scale of 2077 would be impossible (unless you would be satisfied with all of those options acting as a flavour without any impact on the gameplay or story). Which is why they are taking only the parts that they needed to make a cohesive experience, you know, kinda like works based on a comic book or novel take only small parts of the bigger whole to make an adaptation that will work the best in the new format.

Minus it lack some important things to make it cohesive and relatable to C2020.

From that list, an option for Third Person View is probably the only one I'd be interested in. For all I care, set the option at character creation, including a left vs right shoulder setting, but without any option to switch later. It could even make for some interesting challenges in game, where some content slightly favors one option, while other content slightly favors the other.

Sucks that car customization, wallrunning and third person didn't make the cut but overall the game looks great to me. We complained about similar things with TW3 and the game turned out to be great.

So no, not disappointed.
Totally forgot about no 3rd person. Personally I was really excited for 1st person in GTA 5 then I was like meh! I'll just stick to 3rd. Gonna have to get used to 1st person again I would like to think eventually there will be a update that will allow 3rd person mode.

As do I.
But since we've found out more my fears that the combat system would be FPS only and that character background and skills would have little to no effect on game-play have been mitigated to an extent. I still have some trouble seeing it as an RPG since most of the "skills" revolve around combat (with a little hacking and crafting thrown in) but it's definitely CP2020 based.

Last edited:
I'm disappointed that I can't customize my vehicles in the way I want. I just hope with Multiplayer, there is an option to create our own gangs so we can group up.

In the past western RPGs getting just one good looking character was a challenge, I don't expect much for first person view oriented game.
But real life is in first person view and there are beautiful people everywhere! :)
That one got me the most. The fact that they had to change their way to reduce the hours. Just because The complaints or whatever they study or read. Never thought something like that could happen.
as much as I don't mind it if it was intended, CDPR shouldn't let statistics dictate and ruin their artistic vision.
Yea... in some ways It does bother me, but in other ways I hope that the side quests combined will just be better and longer than Witcher 3. It's possible that all the main missions + side quests possibly might all feel so important that the distinction between side and main is blurred so that the whole continuous experience feels extremely deep and immersive (not in a fake buzzword sense). I feel like maybe when I play the game I will just float through the whole experience and have so much fun that I myself am not even paying attention to what is a main story or side mission. Hopefully Cyberpunk2077 actually ends up being MUCH longer than Witcher3, but in a fun way, rather than a tedious way. :)
Well, it is possible if you want to play at some kind of game and end up playing something else.
Or promises that were not kept.
other than that there would be a CP 2077 game they have explicitly promised nothing.
Only if you consider that a promise is forcibly a sentence which begins by "I promise..."
yes, anything else being a promise is a wild assumption on your part.
By your logic, saying that C2077 will be an RPG would be "wild assumption" as they never said "I promise" before.
By that same logic, you can also say that 99,9% of the communication around the game is useless as they don't start each of they sentence by "I promise".:think:
Cmon my friends! :D You have summoned I promise haha!
It's just a bad angle, she actually looks really good in other images, if anyone can post them.

Last edited:
One disappointment is what they did to Meredith Stout face. She looks much older and her hair is awful. No wonder why Judy is getting all the love lol.
I don't think they did anything to her face. It's just non-complimentary light in the new screen.

I have a strong feeling that some of these features (car base models number, car customization, multiple apartments to buy...) will magically appear when the online multiplayer game launches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom