Are you disappointed?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a strong feeling that some of these features (car base models number, car customization, multiple apartments to buy...) will magically appear when the online multiplayer game launches.
I hope not. It's highly unlikely I will ever play multiplayer. I want to completely stick to single player only. I hope that these features will eventually come to single player in DLC or something though. :shrug:

It's too early to tell, we haven't even played the game and you cling on something that CDPR willingly revealed wouldn't be included.

I have a strong feeling that some of these features (car base models number, car customization, multiple apartments to buy...) will magically appear when the online multiplayer game launches.
It won’t magically appear, it will appear after 2 more years of Development.

It won’t magically appear, it will appear after 2 more years of Development.

What I mean is that there are millions of potential cp2077 buyers out there who think like our friend...
I hope not. It's highly unlikely I will ever play multiplayer. I want to completely stick to single player only.

Every company wants to lure as many of them as possible into their multiplayer game.
These type of players usually don't care about the pvp modes but they do care about these other features.

And I'm not bashing CDPR if they have planned something like this, it's common practice.

As do I.
But since we've found out more my fears that it would the combat system would be FPS only and that character background and skills would have little to no effect on game-play have been mitigated to an extent. I still have some trouble seeing it as an RPG since most of the "skills" revolve around combat (with a little hacking and crafting thrown in) but it's definitely CP2020 based.

Yeah. I think, despite the (@!*&@&_!)*!_!)@_+!_+_+)!_)+#***@**!! perk tree, a lot of my worry will be assuaged if I have that sense of compromise when building my PC and my plan to shore up weakness with cyberware.

Of course, without Empathy to trade and ATTR as a dump stat and Luck to -mistake- as a dump stat, it won't be the same. Sigh.

Also since we can respec, although I support it in CRPGs, there won't be that sense of man-this-better-work.

I still hold out hope we are going to see skills and perks that affect social choices. We know lifepath does, so hope isn't dead yet.

And worst comes to worst, I will focus on the RP of my 2 "V"s and let that be my social RP.

I still hold out hope we are going to see skills and perks that affect social choices. We know lifepath does, so hope isn't dead yet.
I hope so too, like in Vampire The Masquerade: B. Adding points in coercion, persuasion or seduction had interesting results. And that game had so few "perk" points you really had to make the right choice.

And worst comes to worst, I will focus on the RP of my 2 "V"s and let that be my social RP.
There have been hints that attribute scores may (do?) effect the availability of some options when it comes to dialog and actions so it seems at least that much RPG gameplay is present.

True, there are no social skills but given that the primary target audience seems to be FPS players (much larger market) not RPGers I can see why they "need" to avoid social skills.

I would rather interested to know what stats exactly do expecially in dialogues. What i seen far of positive is the world building the rest is actually not so much different to see the trailer of another open world first person shooter. At this point i expected in depth information about gameplay. Maybe showing us some open world gameplay that were about of exploration and not just the ordinary "Insert fps shotout over here" i have yet to see the char creation that again many were waiting and almost nothing was showcased.

On the other side we have games under development such a Baldur's gate 3 that share pretty juicy details on the game. So i don't know perharps this marketing is targeting just fps fans at thi point.

I am let down by the lack of dual-wielding pistols, considering how that idea has been entertained in many of the promotional materials by CDPR. Doubly so when dual-wielding is not "that" hard to implement. Even games going all the way back to 2005 (ex: GunZ: The Duel) have it without breaking balance.

Hope a future update/DLC can bring it back. Still going to do my best to play at launch day regardless.

True, there are no social skills but given that the primary target audience seems to be FPS players (much larger market) not RPGers I can see why they "need" to avoid social skills.

Only there are many games like Skyrim and Fallout that have those skills and they sell like hotcakes.

I wonder if it's more that CDPR would like your choices to be organic in nature - that is to say, gated by your preferences not the character's skills.

It's less G in the RPG, but it is RP. One of my most memorable CRPG choices ever, easily eclipsing anything I ever did in Skyrim, was when I chose not to give Kiera Metz the documents she needed for Radovid. I did it based on how I was playing Geralt. I lamented the lack of a persuasion skill (loudly, repeatedly and often) to try to change her mind - but that mind change had to result from earlier choices I'd failed to make.

So, definitely an RP choice, there - but my skills couldn't bail me out of my mistake/choice.

As good as Cyberpunk 2077 will be, it also has its drawbacks.

- Shorter main story than The Witcher 3
TW3's main story was too long.
- Small Map
TW3's map was too large.
No Subway System
Ah, yes, the one thing I've always yearned to do in a video game: take the subway. Well, not the one thing, I've also dreamed of doing my taxes and getting a prostate exam, but such is virtual life.
- Can't use the Flathead as a companion
Alas, poor Flathead. I knew him well.
- Only 29 base model vehicles
I can't tell cars apart so it makes no difference whether there are two or two hundred.
- No Third-Person Perspective
- Third Person Cutscenes are almost non-existent
- No Wall Running
- No Car Customization
- Can't own multiple apartments
Eh.
Only 70 GB (Not as big as Red Dead Redemption 2)
Eh?
I'll add more missing content if I think of any. Are you disappointed with these missing features? I am but Cyberpunk 2077 will still be a great game nonetheless.
I have yet to be sold on this game and there's plenty I am wary about. The hype is completely manufactured, for instance, so I won't trust anything anyone's got to say about it until it's actually out. But these complaints strike me as missing the forest for the trees.

Only there are many games like Skyrim and Fallout that have those skills and they sell like hotcakes.
True, but in both those examples your character could do everything and master every skill. That doesn't seem to be the case in CP2077. Plus both those games have extensive mod support, again not the same. So I'm not sure is a comparison to them is any more valid then one to say Doom.

I wonder if it's more that CDPR would like your choices to be organic in nature - that is to say, gated by your preferences not the character's skills.
Possibly.
Or they didn't want to "force" the FPS community to "waste" skill improvements on things not directly related to combat or leave them frustrated when they discovered that not every interaction can be resolved with superior firepower.

True, but in both those examples your character could do everything and master every skill. That doesn't seem to be the case in CP2077. Plus both those games have extensive mod support, again not the same. So I'm not sure is a comparison to them is any more valid then one to say Doom.

Okay. Well, if that's your go-to, I guess there's no point to going any further. Doom. Because 2077 doesn't have extensive mod support and you might not be able to master every skill, that's why it's just as much like Doom as Skyrim. No.

Or they didn't want to "force" the FPS community to "waste" skill improvements on things not directly related to combat or leave them frustrated when they discovered that not every interaction can be resolved with superior firepower.

This is a sweeping, negative generalization, and it demonstrates terrific bias and even bigotry. The "FPS" community involves people who enjoy all types of games. Everyone in my household, except my wife, is part of that FPS community, and all enjoy RPGs tremendously. BG2, Fallouts, W3, Deadfire, KCD, etc.

Because people play and enjoy CS or Apex Legends has absolutely no bearing on whether they need every interaction to be solved by superior firepower.

It's not one or the other for most of us and it's extremely simplistic to assume so. Disappointing.

Only three things bug me to varying extend:

(not in any particular order)

1. Third person (on the low end though, if I could see my character more and at will, cool to have)
2. Lack of apartment progression or rather being able to get / use different ones
3. Changed main narrative compared to early on expectations

Brief elaborations:

Third person - Well, already covered. Not that of a huge deal for me, but would gladly take it.

Apartments - well, only disappointed because initially it was stated or implied heavily that V could use different ones. While I don't expect an apartment or interior simulator or "The Cyberpunk Sims", it would add to a progression you can feel or simply catering to your character if you were able to also have lower end or higher end apartments in city areas you like.

Changed main narrative - Initially, years ago, many things about the game were naturally unclear. There were perhaps mostly unclear info snippets, expectations and assumptions floating about. But I vaguely recall something along the lines of opting to cover the various CP2020 "classes" ingame.

Long story short to get to the chase, I assumed and personally hoped, as I am a fan of this, to be able to have a character that was able to join different factions or be tied to them depending on "class", if they would've added 'classes'. I am a fan of "belonging" to some group or faction, to join them, and had hoped to play a cop or corpo. You can imagine my disappointment when it became clear this was not the case.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying this is bad. They went for another design route to have V as some kind of unspecified Merc (not counting their backgrounds I mean) who never gets tied to factions the hard way. It might be easier for them, the game surely won't automatically be bad because I cant have it my original way, but I won't pretend I'm as happy about it than I would've been with "classic factions" - even if it meant more branching out because you had to cover different factions and their unique content.

---

The last aspect is prolly the biggest impact for me - with that, the game might've been truly or near-perfect form in terms of getting what I was hoping to get before. This is why I heavily advertise for modding and a certain cop related content thread, however, as this is plan B for either this game via mods or DLC, or the follow-up games.

I feel it can cater to people possibly more IF done 'right' (I know, subjective), but nevertheless I look forward to this game.

I am let down by the lack of dual-wielding pistols, considering how that idea has been entertained in many of the promotional materials by CDPR. Doubly so when dual-wielding is not "that" hard to implement. Even games going all the way back to 2005 (ex: GunZ: The Duel) have it without breaking balance.

Hope a future update/DLC can bring it back. Still going to do my best to play at launch day regardless.
Apartments - well, only disappointed because initially it was stated or implied heavily that V could use different ones. While I don't expect an apartment or interior simulator or "The Cyberpunk Sims", it would add to a progression you can feel or simply catering to your character if you were able to also have lower end or higher end apartments in city areas you like.

I really hope it eventually makes it into the singleplayer through a patch/dlc :)
I love the idea of duel wielding, and having different apartments as safe houses all over the city. They don't even have to be pretty. Just safe and secure cool hiding places to chill out and reload. If we could just get the greatest mod toolkit in the history of video games, then we could mod the greatest video game in history and make it even greater. :oops::D

Last edited:

Minus it cannot ends well, because it creates auto-win or auto-lose situations, and no one likes that (well auto-lose. I know there is people who likes auto-win. in a RPG I mean, aka a game where you can choose who you are), be it during combats or dialogues.
Auto lose is usually badly received unless success is utterly un-conceivable.
Post automatically merged:

This is a sweeping, negative generalization, and it demonstrates terrific bias and even bigotry. The "FPS" community involves people who enjoy all types of games. Everyone in my household, except my wife, is part of that FPS community, and all enjoy RPGs tremendously. BG2, Fallouts, W3, Deadfire, KCD, etc.

Because people play and enjoy CS or Apex Legends has absolutely no bearing on whether they need every interaction to be solved by superior firepower.

It's not one or the other for most of us and it's extremely simplistic to assume so. Disappointing.

I don't think that kind of marketing choices are based on reality. I think that often (most?) of the time, marketing choices are based on perception of how things are.
That's a BIG difference.
Post automatically merged:

- Only 70 GB (Not as big as Red Dead Redemption 2)

That's a thing, really?:confused:

Last edited:
The "FPS" community involves people who enjoy all types of games. Everyone in my household, except my wife, is part of that FPS community, and all enjoy RPGs tremendously. BG2, Fallouts, W3, Deadfire, KCD, etc.
OF COURSE if you look at any significantly large group there will be a sizable minority that don't fit the "mold". But when speaking of general genera's (RPG, FPS, RPS, Platformer, Side-scroller, what-have-you) you're by necessity speaking in generalizations so it's "unfair" to do the same when referring to fans of specific genera's ?

Exceptions never make the rule. And when it comes to people, as a group, the ONLY constant is exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom