Are you disappointed?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Here i see GTA, Ubisoft, Saints Row, Rage 2, etc. I see very little of CDPR.

Ummm what?
Here I see progress of the lore based/source material fashion intergrated into various walks of life and styles much like fashion does.

edge.JPGbiz.JPGurban.JPGleisure.JPGgen.JPG

All I have say is God bless all of the man and woman as well their family of cyberpunk 2077 Dev team and I will enjoy the game when I play it thank you all 😊😁👍

As good as Cyberpunk 2077 will be, it also has its drawbacks.

- Shorter main story than The Witcher 3
- Small Map
- No Subway System
- Can't use the Flathead as a companion
- Only 29 base model vehicles
- No Third-Person Perspective
- Third Person Cutscenes are almost non-existent
- No Wall Running
- No Car Customization
- Can't own multiple apartments
- Only 70 GB (Not as big as Red Dead Redemption 2)

I'll add more missing content if I think of any. Are you disappointed with these missing features? I am but Cyberpunk 2077 will still be a great game nonetheless.
I really can't say that im disappointed with what I have seen so far.

The map might be smaller, but if it detailed, unique and interesting, I prefer that. Also one have to remember that a lot of the Witcher 3, is water and forest etc. Which I would guess makes it slightly easier to make the map bigger.

Wall running for me is no issue at all, in fact I hope the games main focus is on RPG with shooting as secondary and not the other way around. I don't think we need another GTA game. I hope they are able to deliver an experience as one might find in games like Divinity, where choices have consequences for how your game will play out, and from what I have seen in the demos etc. It seems to be case.

If they plan on making expansions later on, maybe they will add stuff that you think is missing or maybe expand on current ones.

But overall from what I have seen, I have to say that it looks amazing :)

I'm not disappointed, as I'm going into the game tabla rasa with no expectations as to what the game 'should' or 'shouldn't' be. It will be judged on it's own merits, and nothing more.

Games should be judged on what they are at the time of purchase, and not what they promised through development as this can change for many reasons- time, money, technical issues, gameplay issues, and the like (this is also why I don't pre-order).

Wait for the reviews. If the game looks good then, buy it, if not, spend the money elsewhere.

I'll reply on every point:

- Shorter main story than The Witcher 3: not a problem. It's still going to be a long game. If the story is good, I'll be happy to play a shoter story than TW3 (whose lenght is way above average).

- Small Map: it's not "small". It's smaller than TW3, that was HUGE. This time we're gonna have a dense and populated city, instead of small towns and semi-empty fields. It's not like "the bigger the better" (AC Odyssey I'm pointing at you!)

- No Subway System: useless, you use it once and then forget about it (remember GTA). If there's fast travel, use that. Otherwise, cars will be available.

- Can't use the Flathead as a companion: if gameplaywise was a bad idea to use it as a companion, it's fine. I trust the devs more than I trust a guy complaining in his bedroom.

- Only 29 base model vehicles: more than enough for me. The focus of the game it's not cars. It's not Forza Horizon. I prefer to have 29 different vehicles cured in every detail than having 100 vehicles with no character.

- No Third-Person Perspective: Not a problem. The game itself was created to be in first person. Respect the will of the authors.

- Third Person Cutscenes are almost non-existent: look at the previous answer.

- No Wall Running: if that was creating problems in level design, it's fine.

- No Car Customization: it's not Need For Speed.

- Can't own multiple apartments: how much time will you be spending in the apartment anyway? In the whole Witcher 3 Geralt has no house, and in Blood and Wine I didn't check the Corvo Bianco mansion until the end of the main quest, because I was too busy running around and doing stuff.

- Only 70 GB (Not as big as Red Dead Redemption 2): Judging a game from its filesize it the dumbest thing you can ever read. Again, it's not "the bigger the better". RDR2 (which I'm playing right now) has small villages, a few cities and so many empty fields. CP is different.

The only "disappointment" I could think about besides details (smaller map, no subway, no multiplie / different apartments as originally advertised however) is that my initial expectation of "joinable (classic) factions" wasn't met in favor of a more detached protagonist.

Would've been nice to join factions in the classic sense. But that doesn't mean my hopes are shattered or that the game will be bad, simply that my initial core expectation or hope wasn't met.

Fallout New Vegas, in a sense, didn't allow you to join factions either but I highly praise it (and its modding capabilities) because it still made it possible to feel like you were part of a larger faction, and you could actually join smaller factions. That fit the bill for me, next to all the diverse themes covered in the same setting. From the looks of it, CP 2077 will manage the same diverse theme set within the same setting.

Not disapointted at all for my part.
Smaller map mean more details, and don't forget that they"re not doing the plains and forest of the Witcher : It's a megapole mainly.

Shorter story, yes, but with plenty of outcomes, and that's very interesting. Witcher was excellent, but it could be a long time spend between the firt party and the new game +

As good as Cyberpunk 2077 will be, it also has its drawbacks.

- Shorter main story than The Witcher 3
- Small Map
- No Subway System
- Can't use the Flathead as a companion
- Only 29 base model vehicles
- No Third-Person Perspective
- Third Person Cutscenes are almost non-existent
- No Wall Running
- No Car Customization
- Can't own multiple apartments
- Only 70 GB (Not as big as Red Dead Redemption 2)

I'll add more missing content if I think of any. Are you disappointed with these missing features? I am but Cyberpunk 2077 will still be a great game nonetheless.

Hi Darth i think you need to update your post and add the postponement dates here :

16 April 2020 : postponement
17 September 2020 : postponement
19 November 2020 : postponement
10 December 2020 :

I've been disappointed that some of the features haven't been exactly what I wanted. A good recent example is the style choices just seeming so...meh? Like, I wasn't sure what I wanted, but that wasn't it. Is it even that big a deal? Not really.

Guest 4406876

I don't really care about missing features IF they made up for it. If gutting a game ANTHEM style to leave it barren is wrong, on the other hand, there's plenty of games where you can't do X or Y but they're still damn great.

Of course the fact that your character is so much on rail compared than PnP (speaking of classes, lifestyle, etc) means it won't be an open world RPG, but a story oriented experience with some degree of choices and basic interaction freedom (kinda like those old RPG books of the past), which is fine by me (Deus Ex was the same after all), I'm still waiting for a damn good RPG game, but I guess technology isn't that advanced yet.

I just hope the game won't die on you once you decide to take a stroll around the city like many other games that suffer from the "scripted" syndrome (GTA style, that all that is left is to dick around doing stupid things because the world is empty, just an assembly of dead mannequins there for you to be run over). Once you decide to play outside the main plot or quests the games are usually barren and dead, even if open world. A game that tried to minimize that recently is RDR2, but still the sensation was there, too much difference between the scripted story and the open world experience.

An RPG needs this more than anything else, to make you feel you're in something that works all the time and reacts to your presence in a meaningful way

Can't own multiple apartments? Sigh... It was very nice to have several places of your own on GTA.

I am gravely disappointed. The censorship. The allowance of only benign issues with the game. The erasure of critical thinking
The plot of the game is well unrealistic. There is nothing they can grant immortality

Hyper Excitement -> Pre Order -> Disapproval -> Buyers Remorse -> Cancelation -> Dread

This was my personal emotional journey in regards to Cyberpunk 2077.

There are lists out there of everything that has hit the cutting room floor and alot of it is disappointing but everyone has "deal breakers" Stuff that just overrides everything else

I am just going to talk about what had the biggest impact in my journey. The short version is I have a dread this is going to turn out to be as much a disappointment as ME3 now ( with the exception of citadel which was awesome when a DLC is better than the rest of the game you know there is a problem.)

Top 3

# 1. 3rd person

The fact that not only is there no option for third person but in fact they have removed the third person aspects that they had in here is mind boggling to me after the success of the Witcher series as a whole .

I have never liked 1st person as a general rule nor do I think it i s more "immersive" It also means they basically wasted a ton of dev time that could have been used elsewhere making a character creator system.

Really What is the point of creating a custom character if you are not going to see them for the majority of the time???

If they made 3rd person and the cutscenes an OPTION they reached both groups of people and probably made even more money

#2 Romances -

I personally I think the romances and other character interactions are the literal keystone that hold a good RPG together.

I am referring only to the revealed female romance. They are all "meh' and from what I read you really don't have a choice of path if you're interested in a particular one. So there goes one major choice in the game before you evens start.

Just one appearance alone they don't even come close to Triss Yenn or Shani ( even Ciri even though she's not a romance). Which is a real let down and deflates my motivation to play the game.

I literally had to play multiple times to experience them all. The witcher romances after feel "real" and generate "real " emotions. Emotions are not determinative of where or not someone is in the "physical world" or "literally real" that is the whole point of fantasy If a game has the ability to make you feel emotionally and personally invested to the point it feels "real" in relation to the person you are romancing that is a credit to the writers and game designers.

3 Shorter Story than Witcher 3

That's like walking into a pizza shop and finding out that the large has been replaced by the medium but they are still charging the same and then justifying it because "some people can't finish a large " . So what about the people who liked their large pizza they don't count?

Really how is that reasoning fair?

Personally I would rather play an "interactive movie" as some would call it with " lots of citadel" type stuff, longer cut scenes, more romance side quests (dates conversations , repeatable character interactions , lore that took 100+ hours to get though and pay more for it than have a shorter game that is the same price and get less.

Conclusion

Due to all this I basically decided "watch" the game and read reviews and make sure I know everything to make sure that I am not going to have buyers remorse again or the same feeling after I played ME3.

Which is a shame.

One of the most enjoyable things is avoiding all those things and having a "first time" experience but I have too many negative feelings with the above that I am not confident in buying the game unless I know exactly what I am getting because I no longer have confidence this is going to be the same game that was announced at the start and the constant delays are not helping.

Personally I would not have minded waiting to even some time next year if it meant that the above were "fixed"

That is my experience with a game that is not even out yet. Not a good start to say the least.

Anyone else share the same emotional journey ?

Last edited:
Nnnnnope.

Not unexpected. There will be people who are not disappointed as they have different views and expectations.

Take a look at the Metacritic report for ME3

ME3 PC

Metascore
89/100
Generally favorable reviews based on 23 Critic Reviews

User Score
5.9 / 10
Mixed or average reviews based on 6772 Ratings

Also of note
Q: Are user votes included in the METASCORE calculations?
A: No

It scored high with "Critic" well 23 of them that were not "disappointed"

Yet 6772 users who rated the game gave it barely above average score of 5.9

Which do you think is a better statistical sampling a score form "23" critic reviews or a 5.9 score form 6772 user ratings

There is also the fact that some look for different things in games:

- some just want "challenge" " mechanics" "action" "DPS"

- some would rather story, romance,relationship development & side quests other npc character development, companion conversations, lots of cutscenes , involvement , choices options that genuinely matter change the game path, story, interactions , environment similar more similar to an interactive movie than a " action game" ( think tabletop D&D experience)

So yes there are going to be people who react both positively and negatively.

The question remains who will be the greater proportion when the dust settles.

For the reason stated above I have a dread it may be another ME3 situation and so I am not willing to risk another disappointment and was already suffering from buyers remorse before the game was even out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom