Are you disappointed?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went through some disappointment when they announced it was 1st person but seeing gameplay I am not that bothered anymore

Am I the only one whose interest has waned quite a bit?

I'm sure the game will sell a butt load. Not feeling that hype though personally - not as much anymore.

nope you're not.

If you look at my post a couple pages back.

I canceled my preorder do to being completely disappointed in some of the choices the devs have made.

I am a little bit disappointed because main quest is shorter then Witcher 3s.
I just hope that side quests are better. While sides were good, they were short, 15-20 minutes per quest.
If you are gonna cut main story because people that hacked and slashed around and weren't interested in it didn't finished that sides need to be a lot longer then werewolf hunter or red riding hood. While quest like that are more then welcome, you need quest chains, couple hours or more, and more then few of them to be like Hearts of Stone.
Everything else? I cant wait to play the game.

Sure, the game isn't even out and the character creation and customisation didn't even leaked yet...

I'm disapointed about the game's ending aswell.
Oh the skin tones haven't changed much from when we were shown pictures of it a while ago. Black people aren't gray...

Ya ... probably going to skip out on the game.

The "cameos" by real world celebrities bring to mind some rather unpleasant people which is going to suck some of the fun out of the game for me.

I have watch many of the trailers ... not that excited I'm sorry to say. Gameplay is kind of "whatever" to me. Just the usual run and gun combat with press a button "hacking" and the usual RPG perk tree.

Cyberpunk is also kind of a played out in the sense that we are already kind of living it in many ways so not much novelty there for me. I mean FAANG basically rule the world right now - watching us, nigh all seeing and all powerful.

3 days to go. Maybe I will change my mind. :shrug:

Anyway, you guys have fun. Hope the game meets your expectations and more. :beer:

Edit: LOL got edit for "Please do not include any real-life political commentary in your posts." ... but the setting of Cyberpunk is politically motivated and basically driven by the societal-political zeitgeist of the 80s.

Last edited:
- Shorter main story than The Witcher 3
How can you be disappointed by this? CDPR literally said the main story is shorter than TW3. Also it doesn't matter because there will have space for a ton of side quest and content. Skyrims main story is short as well but is one of the most content filed RPGs i have ever played.

- Small Map
Size is subjective to what the game feels like playing and how exploration works. Again AC Origins has a map size much much bigger than Skyrims but Skyrim felt big cause there was so much to do in it.

- No Subway System
They told us a long time ago there was no subway so i dont really care

- Can't use the Flathead as a companion
This one I do find kind of disappointing tho, not gonna like

- Only 29 base model vehicles
Very normal for open world games. Tbh most of the time when im out in the city irl you see less than 29 models. One module can have many types of designs and patters.

- No Third-Person Perspective
Don't care. This is what the game is. And it makes sense to have it. Also for those asking why not make both and make everyone happy. Because I haven't seem many games that have both 1st and 3rd person where both have great combat. Normally one suffers or both do.

- Third Person Cutscenes are almost non-existent
Yeah tbh it would be cool to have 3rd person cutscenes. But I stopped worrying about that after seeing the action packed set pieces they showed. I believe the`ll make it look great at a 3rd person perspective cinematic wise.

- No Wall Running
Did they ever say there would be wall running? If youre talking about the mantis blades on walls then yeah if they take that off it would suck.

- No Car Customization
Its fine. I believe they'll put that in a DLC or Expansion. Also I prefer for them to focus on the RPG aspect than other things.

- Can't own multiple apartments
I do agree thats just wired. But it could come in a dlc or expansion.

- Only 70 GB (Not as big as Red Dead Redemption 2)
WTF? GB size doesn't mean a game has more content than other games. I think most people know size doesn't really show how much content a game has. Skyrim has 22.75GB and it has 200 hours worth of content or more.

Yeah, I'm disappointed that we have all these genital options and not a one ball option. I had to speak on behalf of my buddy. He just lost a ball recently and you aren't being sensitive to the fact that there are one balled men/woman out in the world, with no representation. Cold, shriveled, alone. Well not any more man. I stand with your ball. Let my people free.

I hope this has moved you. Even if its only to adjust.

BOOO! That bugged me a lot! I am hoping the stuff they cut out pushed back/cut off will be re-added in future DLCs.
I am all for story and I hate it when they cut stuff out and there are missing plot hooks afterwards. Something just doesn't add up and you know it.

Uh... you know that the main story is shorter.
Doesn't mean there will be a ton of side things to do. I wouldn't be surprised if tis the size of TW3 or maybe longer. Skyrims main quest wasn't that big. I don't remember anyone complaining there wasn't a fuck ton to do after beating the main quest.

Shorter main story than The Witcher 3
Personally, as long as the story has good writing, enjoyable characters, and decent quest design I don't mind it being shorter. We already knows this is a 100+ hour game in terms of doing all sidequest, main story, etc. which I think is a perfect amount of time for a 60 dollar game. Not to mention it's also highly replayable.

Small Map
I don't get why people are so concerned with the map size. As long as there is a lot to do and it feels alive (which the previews have said that there is a lot to do and it does feel alive) then there is no problem with it not being a ginormous map.

No Subway System
Fast travel is still in the game and that would be the only reason I would have used it.

Can't use the Flathead as a companion
I don't care for the flathead but I get why people would want it in the game.

Only 29 base model vehicles
That is a lot of vehicles and with the amount of different interiors, designs, etc. that the game has I don't think vehicle sparsity is going to be a problem.

No Third-Person Perspective
The game was designed for first person, I don't mind it. Adds to emersion.

Third Person Cutscenes are almost non-existent
To me that is a plus. I like having control of the character compared to Fallout type interactions.

No Wall Running
I think wall running would have been cool but there is so much to do in this game that I don't mind.

No Car Customization
Doesn't really matter to me, the cars all look good and distinct and that's all I want.

Can't own multiple apartments
I think it would be cool if we could own an apartment in each district as we make more money and do more missions but maybe we see that in future DLC, expansions, or mods. Doesn't bother me though.

Only 70 GB (Not as big as Red Dead Redemption 2)
The size of a game does not determine anything. Modern Warfare is like 250 GB but not nearly as good as some of the 70-100 GB games I have played.

As good as Cyberpunk 2077 will be, it also has its drawbacks.

- Small Map
- No Subway System
- No Wall Running
- No Car Customization

I'll add more missing content if I think of any. Are you disappointed with these missing features? I am but Cyberpunk 2077 will still be a great game nonetheless.

Not particularly. I want a long game and I think its length will be fine for most people. I hope the map isn't extremely small or anything and the third person thing isn't an issue for me personally. As someone who has been waiting for a long time I'm just happy the game is finally gonna be here.

I want to see just how long the story is when I'm playing it, expecting to do a lot of the side stuff along the way, so I'll reserve any judgements about all of that for now but I expect it all to be excellent! Size of the map? If it's big enough to drive around, that's not small! As others have said, it's really about how much there is to do, which ties into the 1st point. While I'd much prefer it was 3rd person, I accepted that decision long ago, so it certainly can't disappoint me now (y)

No Car Customization

Wait.. was that feature really dropped? Man, I felt bad when they said that wallrunning was cut out but not as much as this. As someone who is obsessed with character/vehicle/gear customization (in that order) this kinda hurts, especially since I was planning on RP as a gearhead/gunslinger Nomad.

Heh. Checking out the discussions in some other sites has revealed some interesting... let’s say, expressions.

It is fair to say, I suppose, that there is some disappointment in the air along with the general excitement.

Not really but it would be cool of some of the features could of stayed or maybe be able to return in the future.

As good as Cyberpunk 2077 will be, it also has its drawbacks.

- Small Map
- No Subway System
- No Wall Running
- No Car Customization

Short answer: Not at all. Considering what we ARE getting, the list of what we're not is negligible.

Long answers, point by point:

- I've heard an alleged leak of the number of hours to complete the main storyline if you skip any and all side content, and while it definitely is shorter than The Witcher 3 or Skyrim, I'm not really bothered by it. I'd rather have a shorter yet solid and compelling story than a lengthy one with a lot of bloat.

- I've seen/heard different accounts of the actual map size, so I can't really be sure what we're getting, but I don't think it's going to be so small that there won't be anything meaningful to do. And, besides, a lot of the world in GTA V is just emptiness and if you want anything to happen you have to start shooting people or blowing stuff up. A bigger map doesn't always translate to a better experience.

- I wouldn't have any want or need for a subway or other rail system. First of all, I want to experience driving or walking around Night City myself, and second, if I really need to get somewhere in a hurry, there's fast-travel. The GTA games had rail systems and I honestly can't remember ever using them.

- Yeah; the flathead thing is kind of a bummer, but its exclusion is not even remotely close to a dealbreaker for me.

- Is it just me, or does 29 base model vehicles sound like quite a fair number? Do I need more than 29? Hell, do I even need 20? Sure; variety is great, but when it comes right down to it, you're only going to be able to drive one vehicle at any given time, and more than likely, you're going to find one that handles and looks just right for you, and that'll be the one you'll use the most. The rest of the time they'll just sit somewhere until you decide to call for it. I don't think I need 29 vehicles when I'll use, at most, two or three.

- I'll address both third-person points here: While I'll grant that it would've been nice to have the option to choose one or the other, I'm actually quite happy with first-person perspective. It makes everything feel more personal to me, like I'm the character within that world rather than just the player manipulating the character in that world. I love me some third-person games - The Witcher 2 and 3, the Mass Effect franchise, MMORPGs, etc. - but sometimes I want to be more immersed in the environment I'm in, and I find that first-person perspective helps make that happen a lot more.

- Wall-running? Meh. I've always considered it a bit gimmicky and janky. I mean, yeah; it looks cool, but it can be buggy at times and if CDPR were having issues with it enough that they felt it should get taken out, I'm deferring to their judgment. I'd rather a poorly functioning mechanic be removed entirely than left in and have it cause headaches.

- Since I'm a customization nut, I am kinda bummed about the lack of car customization. Is it a dealbreaker for me? Not in the slightest, but considering the levels of customization we're being granted for our version of V, I'm a bit surprised that CDPR didn't think we'd care about customizing our vehicles.

- Yeah, multiple properties would've been cool, but unless you can actually do something in them, what's the point of having more than one? If they're making the apartment a hub of some sort where you can do different things (adjust customization options, access messages, watch TV or play music, sleep/save, etc.), that's cool, and I can see the benefit of having more than one for easy access to those functions. Otherwise, I don't see the need for one. Does anyone know if V's place will serve any kind of function?

- I'm not sure why a 70 GB initial install size is considered a bad thing (and we're also getting a sizeable release day patch), considering some of the alternatives (I'm looking at YOU, CoD: BO: Cold War). It's like getting a big slab of prime rib that is 50% gristle and fat, or getting a filet mignon that is perfectly cooked and free of any imperfections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom