Are you disappointed?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why give us CC in the first place?
It's an RPG so I guess it's part of the genre. I could buy the argument if you actually saw your character from a 3rd POV, but being disappointed with something you won't see anyway is slightly odd.
Post automatically merged:

You can see your character in reflections, photo mode and while driving a bike.

You're right. How many people do you think will stand in front of a window and admire their body?

Why does that matter that we can have various clothes when neither you or anyone else can see your character (except for a few cutscenes) anyway? :^)

First of all, it's not a "mindset".

Second of all, that's not the point. Your argument is that you're disappointed with customisation that doesn't matter much for the estethics in the game anyway. You really don't find that strange? Whether or not the option exists or not is irrelevant.

As I mentioned earlier:

This feature was announced and never mentioned or shown afterwards but mods can fix this :^)

The length of a story is irrelevant if it doesn't offer something for all its length. The reason why CDPR shortened the story (and it's longer than 20 hours btw) is because of feedback that TW3 had a too long story that a lot of players didn't finish. If this game offers an exciting story the whole way with a satisfying ending, there's nothing to be disappointed with. Then you need to factor in side quests and the upcoming DLCs that will drop in the future.
That's a good reasoning imo.

What make a story interesting isn't its lenght. A 20 hours great story will beat a 100 hours boring one (obviously) and it would be dumb from the writer's perspective to add content just for the sake of making a long main quest.

And let's be honest here, how many of us are just gonna rush the main quest, doing nothing in between. I'm guessing not very many. What matters is the overall experience not just the main quest which is gonna represent a percentage of what you're gonna do playing the game.

As good as Cyberpunk 2077 will be, it also has its drawbacks.

- Shorter main story than The Witcher 3
- Small Map
- No Subway System
- Can't use the Flathead as a companion
- Only 29 base model vehicles
- No Third-Person Perspective
- Third Person Cutscenes are almost non-existent
- No Wall Running
- No Car Customization
- Can't own multiple apartments
- Only 70 GB (Not as big as Red Dead Redemption 2)

I'll add more missing content if I think of any. Are you disappointed with these missing features? I am but Cyberpunk 2077 will still be a great game nonetheless.
-It's actually 102.9gb on PS4 and day one patch is 40gb so it will be possibly 140gb.
-The map is bigger than it appears (go watch the comparison clips on YT) all 90% of high rise building can be entered, so that makes it bigger , just not across the ground.
-There was a clip where they stated that you can customize cars just not like on NFS games.
-Why would wall running need to be a thing?
-They said from the start it would be First person.
- More care will be added in DLC (for sure) plus the clips I've seen of cars on the streets show way more than 29 ( 29 is probably the purchasable cars) we can steal others if we need to.

Guest 4446209

No Support from GOG.com!

I have registered at gog.com with a wrong email address and purchased CP2077.
Now, I cannot login to my account and download the game. I dont understand why they even allow me to make a purchase without confirming my email address.
I´m trying to get help by support since 4 days with no success!

As gog.com belongs to CDProject can anyone of you guys help?

My ticket No is #805692

Thank you

Possibly CDPR's failure to deliver on an atmosphere of equal exploitation of genders for personal/corporate gain.
Male sexualization is not on par with female sexualization.
Male romanticization is not on par with female romanticization.
Cyberpunk overall being incredibly skewed towards straight male players, DESPITE devs promising equal expression/inclusivity.
So far, they've been completely unbothered to show straight women and gay men why we should buy the game; literally all advertising is catered to straight male tastes. 3-4 female romances with great dialogue is known, and literally nothing on the men. What are we supposed to do or think?

I'm hardly even a gay activist in real life, but this bothers and disappoints me enough to solely post about it.

Last edited:
Possibly CDPR's failure to deliver on an atmosphere of equal exploitation of genders for personal/corporate gain.
Male sexualization is not on par with female sexualization.
Male romanticization is not on par with female romanticization.
Cyberpunk overall being incredibly skewed towards straight male players, DESPITE devs promising equal expression/inclusivity.
So far, they've been completely unbothered to show straight women and gay men why we should buy the game, literally all advertising is catered to straight male tastes. 3-4 female romances with great dialogue is known, and literally nothing on the men. What are we supposed to do or think?

I'm hardly even a gay activist in real life, but this bothers and disappoints me enough to solely post about it.
I can fully understand that, in fact, that critisism is more legit than most I've read on that topic.
I was surprised that CDPR made that mistake in the first place. It's akward to tease people with something and only deliver half of what was promised.

A little bit yeah but I'm more disappointed about main story is only for 20 hours.. where Witcher 3 had 60 hours long story,
so C77 has 1/3 length of that from TW3, I hope at least side quests are long and interesting..
It's strange that in a game like this we can't customize our apartment or even have more than one apartment, same goes for cars.

People was moaning on social media and on forums that TW3 had a long story which they couldn't engage with or be bothered to finish on top of the side quests and that.

I was hoping that we could customise our apartment and cars but CDPR may have plans to bring stuff like that out in future DLC.

No, I am not disappointed. Why should I be disappointed? The game finally comes out after such a long development. I am going to enjoy it fully.

As good as Cyberpunk 2077 will be, it also has its drawbacks.

- Shorter main story than The Witcher 3
- Small Map
- No Subway System
- Can't use the Flathead as a companion
- Only 29 base model vehicles
- No Third-Person Perspective
- Third Person Cutscenes are almost non-existent
- No Wall Running
- No Car Customization
- Can't own multiple apartments
- Only 70 GB (Not as big as Red Dead Redemption 2)

I'll add more missing content if I think of any. Are you disappointed with these missing features? I am but Cyberpunk 2077 will still be a great game nonetheless.
The only disappointment i have, its the graphics on series X. Without next gen patch this game looks really bad...

The only disappointment (for me is a huge disappointment) I have is with the combat brutality. I expected this game to be more than brutal, but the lack of blood / gore on the environment & surroundings is devastating to me. I know this is a nit picky thing, but it really lowers the immersion and makes me feel like I shouldn't even be dismembering people. It's just a lazy blood mist that might as well not even be there. At least allow users to choose whether or not we want decals, rather than just throw a GTA Vice City pool of blood around the bodies.

I'm extremely disappointed with the supposed length of the game. A lot of reviewers saying around 50-60 hrs for main and side quests, howlongtobeat listening 40-50 hrs and 17 hrs for just the main.

Statements by CDPR made it sound huge and just slightly shorter than Witcher 3 when it reality it seems less than half the length and almost a third in some cases.

That's obviously not everything, but it was certainly something I was looking forward to. Ah well, hopefully their next game will hit the sweet spot with game length while still being engaging. I'd prefer too much like Witcher 3 and Skyrim to be honest.

Edit: Yes I am focusing on the negatives. The game will likely be a top favorite of mine, but I would like to make the stuff I don't like known in hopes it has any impact on future content.

I'll have to see the game for myself first to answer your question. I doubt the map is small and I doubt the story is short. The game could prove me wrong once I've finished downloading it tomorrow. The wallrun thing being removed isn't too much of a bother and I couldn't care less about Flathead.
I can only assume you've had access to an early review copy. Otherwise why would you call the map small and the story short?

Shallow RPG game mechanics and this game being a looter shooter hence gear/crafting/mods are pointless.

Also seems like CDPR have not learn from their awful in economy from Witcher 3 and how to balance skilltrees.

Moderator: Multiple posts deleted. We recognise that people may be frustrated and doubtful, but, please, keep the discussion respectful. There's no need to call anyone names.

NO VR!!!!!
NO VR NO BUY!!!!
Actually not an issue, bough it more than one year ago, and currently preload it... VR is just a wet dream after playing HL Alyx to be able to play Cyberpunk 2077 in VR to.

Am I disappointed? Yes. It's clear from the streams that there are bullet sponges all over the place; not just with the boss characters, which would be bad enough.

Nonetheless, I purchased the PC version today (kept waffling back and forth for several weeks between PC or console), and have it preloading now. As long as CDPR continues its non-DRM model, I will always buy their stuff.

I'm disappointed that I can't turn TAA off. I'd rather have everything look jaggy than have everything blur every time i move or look around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom