Are you disappointed?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Game does not even run in Windows 7 on a 1080 Ti. Constantly crashes. But it's a weird kind of crash that just blackscreens, and game audio stops. Windows seems to be running still, but to get it back, I have to press my reset button and reboot. Yes, I have the latest drivers.

I've had to go through the character creation three times now. The furthest I've gotten is the starting mirror scene right as someone to your right starts talking, then BOOM.

And what the hell kind of game releases without a fullscreen mode? If I want to play in less than my native 4k, I have to play in a window in the middle of my desktop?! WTF?!

This is madness. Why the hell did I even pre-order the collector's edition?

I have been planning to build a new PC but I didn't expect to be FORCED into it. Windows 10 is a downgrade from Windows 7, too. I have to use it on my work laptop. Super disappointed.

I have been planning to build a new PC but I didn't expect to be FORCED into it. Windows 10 is a downgrade from Windows 7, too. I have to use it on my work laptop. Super disappointed.
Can you stop living in 2013? Windows 10 is not downgrade...
Post automatically merged:

Actually i dissapointed.
1. Combat = fallout new vegas. But this is not that i wanna see in 2020. And game don't even have blood. Like i'm fighting vs playdough ragdolls.
2. A lot of SIMPLE bugs. Yes, this is just launch, but hey, i was killed by table in bar on first minute.
3. My main dissapointment - localization. Russian localization ruined AF. So much nessesery curse words that don't even exist in original english.
Idk guys. You wasted SO MUCH money on adversting (everything was in ads, even my local pizza had CP boxes) and game so ruined for me at launch..

Last edited:
1. Combat = fallout new vegas. But this is not that i wanna see in 2020. And game don't even have blood. Like i'm fighting vs playdough ragdolls.
Haven't bought the game but I have seen some reviews.

Gameplay is same old, same old. Nothing we haven't seen before.

I'm not exactly surprised though after the weapons reveal trailer which was nothing but guns and knives. Still a tad disappointed to be proven right after all the hype surrounding the game.

anyone knows how to fix this shit...
Screenshot 2020-12-09 213916.png

Based on the console streams I've seen so far, disappointment doesn't even begin to describe it. Will get my copy tomorrow and judge for myself first hand but it's not looking good right now.

anyone knows how to fix this shit... View attachment 11073104
If you click "What does this report contain?" it opens the crash report folder. You can view text files and other stuff about what it collected. I have like 50 folders here, most of them from my videocard crashing. I've been messing around with the JSON config files and have been able to see what changes I do that cause the crash from these reports. I haven't voluntarily sent a crash report yet.

You might be able to glean some information like your videocard drivers are outdated or something if you're a little tech savvy.

I'm in character creation right now, doing just as I said awhile back, taking hours in it.

Not for the reason I had hoped though, just can't get V to look decent... at all.

Hope we can get more skin types, really don't like the current ones at all. Also I know people aren't fully symmetrical in real life, but V looks oddly lopsided to me (like the mouth).

Guest 4406876

Game is beautiful but the interface is very cluncky even on M+K and missing Important bindings (like walking) and well....the performance...this game min spec should have listed at least a 2070. Those specs we saw? A joke. We'll see how optimiation will go but I'm not able to play it unless I can get a 3080, so I guess I'm gonna have to wait till April at the very least when we mortals are allowed to buy one. I have a 980 (old junk but over min spec) and a Ryzen 9 3900x with 32Gb 3600hz, a tomohawk mobo and an nvme m2 1tb sabrent. I get tops 25fps at 1080p with everything turned off or lowest as possible. Game doesn't run decently unless you have a 2000+ as GPU. My friends with a 1080 are around 40/45 fps which would be good I guess.
I see how much next gen this game is, and I appreciate it so much, problem is it doesn't scale at all with graphical detail. We can't turn it low to console level, how in the hell is this running on PS4s? It's impossible.

I am disapponted with the graphics... Seriously, it looks like I'm playing Alien Isolation with a huge amount of granulation and blurriness in the graphics.
2560x1440. Mix of medium-high-ultra

Absolutely awful game full of so many bugs, screen is blurry and made my new PS5 crash 6 times just in the tutorial hate to think how older consoles and PC's play. Should never have been allowed to release in this state needed a long delay by at least 6 months to fix.
I have never been so disappointed in a game after all the hype spent loads on the collector's edition which I will be selling on!!
Will be avoiding CDPR games from now on day one and only buy well after launch and think others will do the same. CDPR were obviously only interested in quick cash and scamming people and just spent loads on advertising, promotion to deceive.
People should be able to get a refund as game isn't fit for purpose!!

for now only 3 things that disappointed me, but they're pretty hugh.
1- no keybinding change. it's really hard to play with that default keys
2- no walk. it's completly ruins whole immersivity
3- no freecam in photomode. makes it almost useless

So, when I got into the game, I noticed things were a little blurry in the character creator. Nothing too bad. The skin textures were a little "meh" but nothing I couldn't get over. I'm on a PS4 after all. Then I finish and load into the world... at first, I thought my glasses had fallen off. The game is blurry, there are white pixels that trail behind NPCs and objects as I move past them, and random NPCs and objects will pop out of nothingness as I am walking, AKA; things don't load in until I'm within 3-5 meters of them.

I'm REALLY hoping that there IS a 40gb patch tomorrow morning because this is... it's not great.

Can you stop living in 2013? Windows 10 is not downgrade...

Actually i dissapointed.
2. A lot of SIMPLE bugs. Yes, this is just launch, but hey, i was killed by table in bar on first minute.
3. My main dissapointment - localization. Russian localization ruined AF. So much nessesery curse words that don't even exist in original english.
Idk guys. You wasted SO MUCH money on adversting (everything was in ads, even my local pizza had CP boxes) and game so ruined for me at launch..
I just noticed no blood after your post...wtf?

So, when I got into the game, I noticed things were a little blurry in the character creator. Nothing too bad. The skin textures were a little "meh" but nothing I couldn't get over. I'm on a PS4 after all. Then I finish and load into the world... at first, I thought my glasses had fallen off. The game is blurry, there are white pixels that trail behind NPCs and objects as I move past them, and random NPCs and objects will pop out of nothingness as I am walking, AKA; things don't load in until I'm within 3-5 meters of them.

I'm REALLY hoping that there IS a 40gb patch tomorrow morning because this is... it's not great.
Is there meant to be a patch coming tomorrow?

Is there meant to be a patch coming tomorrow?
I REALLY hope so. Supposedly, there was some sort of 40gb patch coming on day 1 or something. IDK if it was part of the 102gb I downloaded two days ago, but I'm hoping it wasn't because the current state is literally already spawning several memes... the game hasn't even been out 2 hours (for most people) and it already has like, half a dozen memes about the poor quality of performance and graphics (primarily on console)

Yikes.
So I'm playing, just started basically, already see some bugs and other problems.

1. Characters being in a T pose and body literally inside furniture
  2. Guns in the air, just floating there.
  3. Can't sometimes make choices, for some reason I'm unable to move to the other choice, it just freezes there.
  4. Graphics. Character Creator graphics not as good as in game graphics and in game graphics still lacking in some ways, also pop-ins.
  5. Various problems with NPCs spazzing a bit..
  6. Wearing a hat then looking into the mirror reveals I'm bald.. I am not though.
  7. Changing between pants made pants completely nonvisible and now I can see all my goods hanging freely. Oddly enough when fully naked from showering I am censored.
  8. Even if cursor isn't close to an item it still wants to choose it.
  9. Other parts of the map are glitching, like if I had x-ray vision and could see the world through my room walls.
  10. Actual cut scene with Jackie eating some Ramen and his chopsticks double, a pair in his hand and a pair still in the carton.
Things that may/maynot matter to some
  1. Can't make a look similar to original male V, guessing same perhaps for original female V. Really wish the character creator was.... well different, pretty let down on it and male V always looks sort of old for his age (aren't we suppose to be like 22?)
  2. I have nudity censorship off, playing male V, yet censored when viewing in mirrors for some reason?
  3. Why when you shower you have a shirt on and yet in the mirror you are naked...?
  4. Touched a police officer accidently, got shot at by a bunch.
  5. Exact same NPCS by each other, same pose, everything, doubt they're twins...
  6. Car ran me over, cops after me shooting now lol.

Also the dialogue is just weird... like unnatural and just overall doesn't sound right.

I wasn't expecting something ground breaking but... I've barely played so far and thinking of getting a refund :/

But if there is another patch that be awesome, however I heard that it was already included for today?

I honestly gotta ask... what was all that polishing for?

EDIT: I keep editing because new issues arise at every moment, kind of funny tho.

Last edited:
ughhh yes i am, because i'm stuck with tits and the game won't let me delete them... -_-

Last edited:
Yes.

For the game to release in this state is truly perplexing given the amount of times they delayed release. Especially some of the things that one would think might be relatively trivial issues such as:

* Not being able to re-bind menu shortcuts

* Being able to rebind "exit vehicle" but not "enter vehicle"

* No toggle ADS

* No way to increment walk speed (walk speed is too fast)

Just to name a few. I've also experienced the floating guns and also during training a character walked out of the fucking playable area and just stood there; I had to re-load a checkpoint because I couldn't kill him.

[Minor spoilers below]

One issue that I have with the game is that the exposition during the first of the game (the only part I've played) made really no fucking sense to me. I started out as the nomad and did a mission with Jackie, a guy who I had never met before (apparently). By the end of this mission we are suddenly shaking hands as best friends, and then you're immediately shown a montage of you and Jackie and your various hijinks together. At the end of this montage you are thrust immediately back into gameplay where you're apparently doing a mission with Jackie, but you are given virtually no explanation of the events that occurred between then and when you first met Jackie. It seems like it's assumed that you will realize that you joined Jackie's clan or something like that because you're suddenly taking orders from a black woman named T-Bone or something like that (who you never saw before). I was just really fucking confused and it feels like the beginning of the game got off to an incredibly weak start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom