Are you disappointed?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
As good as Cyberpunk 2077 will be, it also has its drawbacks.

- Shorter main story than The Witcher 3
- Small Map
- No Subway System
- Can't use the Flathead as a companion
- Only 29 base model vehicles
- No Third-Person Perspective
- Third Person Cutscenes are almost non-existent
- No Wall Running
- No Car Customization
- Can't own multiple apartments
- Only 70 GB (Not as big as Red Dead Redemption 2)

I'll add more missing content if I think of any. Are you disappointed with these missing features? I am but Cyberpunk 2077 will still be a great game nonetheless.

Yes I am severely disappointed at the [...] controls of the game. Missing walking toggles... [...] and useless [...] bindings.

Am I disappointed at the game itself? No. It's a master piece. Far better than Witcher in my opinion (I dont like fantasy) 2 hours in I already can say this is the best game I have ever played to date. However. I can't enjoy it. I had to stop playing it. I refuse to play it anymore without [...] walking toggle I won't ruin the experience for myself because devs didnt think it was necessary to add a [...] WALKING TOGGLE TO A [...] RPG GAME HELLO WHAT DOES RP STAND FOR IN THE RPG DEVS?!!??!?! YOU CALL THIS AN RPG AND YOU MISS THE MOST FUNDAMENTAL. THE MOST BASIC AND ABSOLUTLY IMMERSION BREAKING GAME ELEMMENT.

WHY
[...]

IS THERE NO WALKING TOGGLE

SERIOUSLY.

WHY1!?! HOW CAN YOU HAVE NOT INCLUDED SOMETHING SO NECCESSARY. SO SIMPLE.

Literally ruined your game to save 2 hours of coding. Well done devs.

Last edited by a moderator:
The dialogue system is terrible, it's extremely limited, and I hate that v speaks with no dialogue options. No social skills etc. Yes, i am disappointed.

I feel more lost than disappointed, though I'm only just past the food plant.
I will say though, the map...oh the map...w..t..f.
I think the color scheme is tiring my eyes.
But being lost is not uncommon for big RPGs and I've had minimal bugs.
The key binding is rather rudimentary, Worth a Buy is going to have a field day.
I think I'll enjoy it more once things start making sense. It needs a better tutorial.

After (only) 4 hours of game, I'm not disappointed soo far.

Yes I encountered some bugs (had to load a previous save TWICE in ONE mission), and some detail of the game are a bit
under expectation, mostly how the crowd react during gunfight :

Most just stand there, crouching in terror, which make sens in a way, but they should AT LEAST run away when fighters come close to them, rather then just indefinitely standing -here-.

Gunfight are cool, I don't understand the "bullet sponge" thing people talking about, maybe you just have crappy weapons :shrug:...

Let's remember it's a RPG, and every weapon have different stats and effectiveness depending of the target. But I've never needed that much bullets for a dude... If anything, I also thing the enemy resistance work in a setting of cyberneticly enhanced characters being able to survive way more than the 20th century people.

The only thing REALLY disappointing me is the stupid auto-censor CDPR put on men nudity... COME ON!

WHY are you so okay to show main character D*CK during character editor, allow to change the size and look of it... BUT

when it come to a man that have been abducted by a group of lunatic monsters who win money by harvesting people implant in the most crud and barbaric way possible, only to clearly let does people die on the "operation" table... "Hey! Give this dude a boxer!"

In the same mission, there's a man hanging in a room (the one you make your first takedown), with the right angle, it's possible to see the man front, and he just don't have any penis?!)

So...

CDPR : "We are making an immersive and mature game in which you can custom your character up to his genital because it's a world where *everyone* is a customers living in a over-sexualized, dark and mature univers :cool:"

Also CDPR about actually showing a guy butt :

"WOW guys, let's calm down a bit over here!! :oops:"

that's ridiculous, not only being an immersion breaker, but also going AGAINST the promises make multiple time that nudity will be shared equally between sexes... And it also destroy the complete point of the ""edgy"" sexualized part of the game, because in the end it just show yet another objectification of the women body, fully displayed for the straight teen dude...

yea im trying to get a refund for this game but apparently spending over 2 hours in menu messing around with the settings in order to even be ABLE TO PLAY and having to restart the introduction sequence over FIVE (5) times just to get past it due to crashing is considered GAMEPLAY. they wont give me a refund because i've "played the game" for more than 2 hours. I have 3.8 hours. Of that its less than 2 hours of actual gameplay.

sad days when CD project red pulls the big greedy corporate copypaste card on you.

would not recommend the game in its current state and would also warn people that they count settings menu as gameplay. refund while you can.

Hey guys hope you can help me, I can't even start the game, when I press play in the launcher I'm instantly getting an crash report and the Launcher closes. It's just saying that it crashed and nothing more. I'm using an Ryzen 7 3700x and an AMD Radeon 5700 xt so this shouldn't be it. I tried everything, I re-intalled Cyberpunk several times I run it as Admin I turned of Steam in game overlay and everything similar and re-downloaded the driver. I'm also one of the persons who have problems with dowloading the newest windows securitay update so maybe it has something to do with that but I don't know, sorry for bad Englisch some times and greetings to my country man because I'm from Gremany, thanks for your help!

No, I am quite the opposite from disappointed. I am fully satisfied and I can't stop playing this game. I'm sad to see negativity dominating the internet and I really hope CD Projekt Red knows that there are people like us who are completely in love with the game. You have my full support.

waiting since 2012

Only 4 hours in
I love it, love the setting, environments, how mature it is, the characters, the combat, dialog, options, paths
not disappointed at all

only thing I don't like is using vehicles and braindance, rewind and fast forward visions recordings, memorie,s, etc
it's great it's in the game, it belongs perfectly, it's just that i personaly don't like it
, some npc float on the air
no antialiasing options?

Evelyn Parker should be a romance+relationship option! I love her

love the moxes
too bad the girl with blades from teaser trailer 2012 is not in in the game not even as preset for character creation :(

It's really engaging and involves the player, great game

i'll update review later, maybe

Im not disappointed as much as I am underwhelmed.
Dont get me wrong Im enjoying the game for the most part, but it seems a "slow cook" for me to really get in to and thats a surprise.
There are some things Im not too happy with.

1- Game needs to be better Optimized. I should be able to run fine on High/Med settings, but I have to run Med/Low and I still get graphical lag. Crowd size also has to be Low to have any hope of a decent framerate. Witcher 3 ran better and looked better too. This games seems like a step back somehow.

2- I wish the Music had separate controls between Broadcast and Ambient. Car (radio) is the only one that has its own independent control. I dont like Ambient/Combat music when I play, but if a radio or TV or something is playing Im ok with that.

3- The 4 part Tutorial (jacked in Net simulation) is really bad. Just all around should be redone. Its not fun at all

4- Jackie as a Companion. Worst Ever. I wish we had the option of other Companions or just none at all. He totally ruins my Stealth Build.

5- The game throws you into some heavy combat situations very early before you really have enough Perks to be any good

6- The "6 Months later" time jump. It seems like a beginning portion of the game was completely skipped. I now have an Apartment, a better Car, a bunch of Contacts who Ive apparently met, but dont really know. Ive done a bunch of things all over NC that I only remember from a montage.
Yet Im still Level 1 with no $ and no Perks/Skills. Its like I was kicked into the deep end of the Pool without knowing how to swim

7- Cant remap KB without altering a Game file. This should not have to be done

8- No independent Dodge Key (modifier). Double-Tap W/A/S/D is terrible. Ive either exposed myself (stealth) or killed myself because of this

9- Needs a better Walk button other than (Hold) Right Mouse as this also Zooms in your PoV
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
Yes, I am disappointed but they could and should add all these features in a big update in 2021 or early 2022 they can very definitely do so it isn't such a problem to do so.

I'm disappointed that they launched a mess of a game that's actually unplayable, not even on 1920x1080.
They took all this time to work on what? They optimized what? They dedicate more time doing the "Night City Wire" than preparing the game.

One disappointment people may find weird, but the fact that my character can get fully naked but still have underwear on bothers me, whats the point of the customization?

After (only) 4 hours of game, I'm not disappointed soo far.

Yes I encountered some bugs (had to load a previous save TWICE in ONE mission), and some detail of the game are a bit
under expectation, mostly how the crowd react during gunfight :

Most just stand there, crouching in terror, which make sens in a way, but they should AT LEAST run away when fighters come close to them, rather then just indefinitely standing -here-.

Gunfight are cool, I don't understand the "bullet sponge" thing people talking about, maybe you just have crappy weapons :shrug:...

Let's remember it's a RPG, and every weapon have different stats and effectiveness depending of the target. But I've never needed that much bullets for a dude... If anything, I also thing the enemy resistance work in a setting of cyberneticly enhanced characters being able to survive way more than the 20th century people.

The only thing REALLY disappointing me is the stupid auto-censor CDPR put on men nudity... COME ON!

WHY are you so okay to show main character D*CK during character editor, allow to change the size and look of it... BUT

when it come to a man that have been abducted by a group of lunatic monsters who win money by harvesting people implant in the most crud and barbaric way possible, only to clearly let does people die on the "operation" table... "Hey! Give this dude a boxer!"

In the same mission, there's a man hanging in a room (the one you make your first takedown), with the right angle, it's possible to see the man front, and he just don't have any penis?!)

So...

CDPR : "We are making an immersive and mature game in which you can custom your character up to his genital because it's a world where *everyone* is a customers living in a over-sexualized, dark and mature univers :cool:"

Also CDPR about actually showing a guy butt :

"WOW guys, let's calm down a bit over here!! :oops:"

that's ridiculous, not only being an immersion breaker, but also going AGAINST the promises make multiple time that nudity will be shared equally between sexes... And it also destroy the complete point of the ""edgy"" sexualized part of the game, because in the end it just show yet another objectification of the women body, fully displayed for the straight teen dude...
The nudity thing got me to, and if I want to walk around with my junk hanging out I shoukd be able to see it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom