Are you getting Fallout 3?

+
Are you getting Fallout 3?

I will be getting Fallout 3 but probably not right when it releases. I have been pledged to lead a guild in Warhammer so that will take up the bulk of my time as well as the Enhanced Edition of the Witcher.So what say you? Are you getting FO3 or passing on it?

i'm curious, but i won't be among the first wave of buyers ... i really really enjoyed fallout2, but i've heard some disturbing stuff about the development of fallout3, i guess time will tell :peace:

Just because it has Fallout on the title screen does not make it a good and proper Fallout game; If I call a pile of crap a rose it will still be a pile of crap and smell just as bad. It's ironic as I was once adamant that Fallout 3 would be a fun game, along the lines of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games, but now, as the game gets closer to release I am less and less convinced that it will be worth playing - It looks like there is no "Fallout 3;" This game is an Oblivion mod called "Oblivion with Guns!"

Im sure it will still be a great game,maybe not fallout as we new it but it still looks great fun to me,so yeh fallout 3 and fable 2 are on my hit list atm.

I might. I'm adopting a wait-and-see approach. Anyway I just bought Witcher, so I'll probably be busy over the next few months with the game.

It's been ten full years since Fallout 2. I'm skeptical; I don't believe the third installment will live up to the saga, but I'll definitely buy it, if only to see a Vault from 1st person perspective. :)

i never played any of the fallouts, so for title alone I have 0 interest in it. I might check it out when either a friend gets it or it hits the $20 range, ive grown tired of FPS over the past 18 years of pc gaming.

Valine said:
Just because it has Fallout on the title screen does not make it a good and proper Fallout game; If I call a pile of crap a rose it will still be a pile of crap and smell just as bad. It's ironic as I was once adamant that Fallout 3 would be a fun game, along the lines of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games, but now, as the game gets closer to release I am less and less convinced that it will be worth playing - It looks like there is no "Fallout 3;" This game is an Oblivion mod called "Oblivion with Guns!"
But how much fun would it really be with an isometric, turn-based RPG in 2008? They couldn't go right with this one. If they made Fallout 2: The Sequel, then people would complain about bad graphics and that it was just the same thing as Fallout and Fallout 2 and whatever - and if they change the game around, as they have, people will complain that it's no longer Fallout.I think it's silly. World of Warcraft is not the same game as Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, but it's still in the same realm, still the same world. That's what I expect from Fallout 3 - a completely new kind of game, set in the same world as Fallout and Fallout 2.

But how much fun would it really be with an isometric, turn-based RPG in 2008?
It would be awesome. I still play the original Fallout games -in fact I just re-bought them from Good Old Games despite the fact that I have the original discs- and I have no problems with the "dated" graphics.
If they made Fallout 2: The Sequel, then people would complain about bad graphics and that it was just the same thing as Fallout and Fallout 2...
Yeah? What is the problem with that? I want another Fallout, not some shitty RPG-less FPS by developers who have proven themselves incapable of even staying true to their own franchise.
World of Warcraft is not the same game as Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, but it's still in the same realm, still the same world.
Yeah, a great example of a fairly good game being turned into a fucking bile-filled cesspool - don't expect WoW to win you any points.

Valine said:
I have no problems with the "dated" graphics.
Me neither. I grew up with games that had no graphics whatsoever (the ancient text adventure games), so I don't mind the old 2D isometric graphics. I just want the same type of story, heaps of funny movie references, post-apocalyptic atmosphere and Nuka Cola. :)

Caine777 said:
Caine777 said:
But how much fun would it really be with an isometric, turn-based RPG in 2008? They couldn't go right with this one. If they made Fallout 2: The Sequel, then people would complain about bad graphics and that it was just the same thing as Fallout and Fallout 2 and whatever - and if they change the game around, as they have, people will complain that it's no longer Fallout.I think it's silly. World of Warcraft is not the same game as Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, but it's still in the same realm, still the same world. That's what I expect from Fallout 3 - a completely new kind of game, set in the same world as Fallout and Fallout 2.
I don't have an issue with 1st person perspective, Deus Ex is a brilliant game for me and I hope FO 3 might be something similar, unfortuantely I've been disillusioned. Brotherhood of steel described as chivalrous knights, portable nuclear launchers, exploding cars and that terrible VATS system, not to mention graphical art rehash (that thing is not Power Armor) made me already hate this game. It's not fallout and unless somebody convinces me otherwise I won't come anywhere near that devil's offspring.

Planewalker said:
Planewalker said:
I have no problems with the "dated" graphics.
Me neither. I grew up with games that had no graphics whatsoever (the ancient text adventure games), so I don't mind the old 2D isometric graphics. I just want the same type of story, heaps of funny movie references, post-apocalyptic atmosphere and Nuka Cola. :)
Ill agree to that, I did grow up with graphics since I was born in the mid 80's, but Ill take gameplay>graphics any day of the week, I am tired of most games being shovleed out the door to just appease the eye, while leaving the depth out.

Sacred 2 will be out this week so i am going to be very busy playing it plus i do not like guns so i guess not .I am curious to see how FO will turn out to be after all this hostility towards Bethesda .If they make an "OB with guns" like the Malkavian said i will gave great time reading negative critics anyway.

I'm sure I'll get it, though I prefer the old style. And new games can look just fine with that approach - Diablo III, for instance. I don't think anyone will complain too much that it looks dated just because of the perspective. Making a game like that does not have to be retro.

Alalzia said:
Sacred 2 will be out this week so i am going to be very busy playing it plus i do not like guns so i guess not .I am curious to see how FO will turn out to be after all this hostility towards Bethesda .If they make an "OB with guns" like the Malkavian said i will gave great time reading negative critics anyway.
Actually Sacred 2 has been pushed back once again, to november posssibly held to 2009 to release at same time as console version....I already preordered. Loved fallout, and know it is going to be different, but I'll reserve judgement on whether it is falloutish enough to get past the first person world. Is their pause while fighting system (VATS) actually interesting/useful... IT definately won't be oblivion with guns though. If it is enough different to shake the oblivion feel is another thing... I hated oblivion for many reasons...About dated graphics: Why does everyone think that making a turn based isometric game has to have poor graphics? I think Titan Quest (not turn bases but very isometric) has decent graphics for its time and now could be better... Turn based isometric doesn't have to stay 2D any more, though if it was it wouldn't bother me much.

phalzyr said:
About dated graphics: Why does everyone think that making a turn based isometric game has to have poor graphics? I think Titan Quest (not turn bases but very isometric) has decent graphics for its time and now could be better... Turn based isometric doesn't have to stay 2D any more, though if it was it wouldn't bother me much.
True. But why not keep 2D anyway? When true 3D graphics was still young, it actually ruined games instead of making them look better. Just look what happened to Monkey Island IV and Total Annihilation: Kingdoms. I'll take 2D graphics any day. It has much more artistic potential than those ugly textures that developers sometimes paste on 3D models. Just look at the handpainted scenery of Syberia!

Top Bottom