Are you getting Fallout 3?

+
Exigent said:
Isometric games are as dead as pen and paper, and for good reason. Pointing to Diablo II to make a case otherwise is like pointing to WoW and saying that most MMOs are good. A franchise having rabid fans is in no way an indication of its success, and a franchise having a massive number of rabid fans is in no way an indication of its quality.
You're wrong, and I think you missed the sarcasm. Do you actually think Fallout is the only thing Interplay ever produced? That franchise was not the cause for their downfall. BTW, lets start arguing about pen and paper being dead, because oddy enough it isn't either... :D

Well, considering that your idea of an argument is:
phalzyr said:
You're wrong
I'll just thank you for the insightful commentary and leave you to your algebra and graph paper.

I've pre-ordered it actually. As far as this whole "sequel or not" BS goes, I regard more as a spin-off. I only hope for it to be a worthy spin-off. Oh, and Fallout fans cultists are ****** rabid. I love the first three Fallouts (the third being Tactics, in case you wonder) and I was a little skeptical that Bethesda was going to make it (even though I liked Oblivion, but I've got a rather distorted view of it, as by the time I reached level 5 I had already installed 30-40 mods and a major overhaul), but I'm hoping for the best. If only the TES series went back to the way it was in Daggerfall I would be really happy (with less bugs, of course).

Hamenaglar said:
words words words
you're right there, BG series where a huge success, especially considering the genre. Both FO did reasonably good as well, after all BIS started the development of Van Burren, getting as far as to an early alpha. And that requires money.

Pre-ordered the CE edition, being a rabid Fallout cultist how could i not?Was never a big fan of oblivion got nothing exactly against first person RPG's, Deus Ex was brilliant. Its a sequel, its new and different. If it manages to capture the feel of Fallout its worthy. To me it matters not if they make it 2D isometric or 3D RTS, if it feels like im playing a fallout game im happy, if not then i'll bash em for sqrewing up.

Exigent said:
Well, considering that your idea of an argument is:quote author=phalzyr You're wrong/quote
So take it out of context, yes THAT is mature... Those two words were to primarily get you're attention (which it obviously did). Read the rest of the text which explains why your wrong... No I didn't post needless links to where I got the info since the info is obvious and if you doubt it you can go looking yourself... Fallout (both of them) didn't cause a great financial sink as you seem to think.No "you're wrong" wasn't my argument. It was a simple stated fact(or opinnion if you want to see it that way fine), and then the argument occured after it. Maybe you should go back and brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

Looks like an interesting game. But I won't get it when it's released. Maybe I wait a few months.

McFlow said:
Looks like an interesting game. But I won't get it when it's released. Maybe I wait a few months.
Yep that is definately the wiseset choice with almost any games. Make sure they aren't total flops before buying them and also give some time for patches so when you do play game a bug doesn't ruin it. BUT if everyone did this they'd get a false sense that no one wanted their game and not support it... I already pre-ordered. Though If I hadn't just sold some land giving me an econimic boost I might of held off also. As is though I'm starving for new games in this genre. RPG don't come out as often as any other genre.. Due simply to economics.

Yep that is definately the wiseset choice with almost any games. Make sure they aren't total flops before buying them and also give some time for patches so when you do play game a bug doesn't ruin it. BUT if everyone did this they'd get a false sense that no one wanted their game and not support it... I already pre-ordered. Though If I hadn't just sold some land giving me an econimic boost I might of held off also. As is though I'm starving for new games in this genre. RPG don't come out as often as any other genre.. Due simply to economics.
Well, usually I buy every game I *really* want right after the release. Did it with Battle for Middlearth 1 + 2 + addon and Gothic3. Would have done the same with The Witcher but I heard quite late of it. Fallout is one of the games I cannot really decide about. First, I did not play Fallout 1 and 2. It sounds interesting but I don't like most of the screenshots. But the most limiting fact is that I am quite busy right now.I read reviews watch trailers/videos and decide then again. So Fallout3 stays on my watch list.

Let's just hope us early buyers won't have to postpone playing the game for a full month or so because the game is too buggy to be playable in the retail version, and the patch is awaited, like it happens with so many games nowadays...

McFlow said:
First, I did not play Fallout 1 and 2. It sounds interesting but I don't like most of the screenshots. But the most limiting fact is that I am quite busy right now.
You missed somethign great not playing them (as long as you are ok with turn based combat). Today though it is kinda hard to geet used to the old graphics for a replay. Plus a lot more than just graphics has evolved since then...I understand about being busy. I don't have much time myself to play computer, with work and television shows...Wish I was a kid again :D And now a new book is coming out in one of my all time favorite trilogies so I'll have to re-read the six book before it... Have to put my re-read of the harry potter series off to re-read that series(Last Herald Mage)... So much to do so little time...

Hey, is anyone here a fan of Jagged Alliance 2? It features a similar turn-based combat system and an atmosphere similar to that in the Fallout games -- abandoned landscapes, ruined buildings, etc. Even mercs have richly developed personalities, just like NPCs from F1/2. That game kept reminding me of F1/2 in many ways, so waiting for F3 was somewhat more bearable. :)

WTF, have you seen the ingame videos? Bethesda has transformed themagnificient Fallout into a mediocre simply shooter, with touchs of RPG, but isn't fallout. Really I never expected that Bethesda could make a worthy sequel of Fallout, but this? Seriously talking, when I played morrowind I said "bethesda are the fucking rpg gods", but now I say "they are a miser company, they only are able to make empty RPGs without charm and with an easy concept of a open game", and they laughs of the habitual and hardcore gamers (like me, I think).Red, I hope that you don't become like bethesda :angel:

phalzyr said:
I already pre-ordered. Though If I hadn't just sold some land giving me an econimic boost I might of held off also.
You had to sell land to buy a game? How expensive are games where you live? ;)

Voylodion: America. Before saling land, the middle class 95% of americans have to think before spending/sacrifice one thing for another. I would of bought a game or two either way but this way I can buy all the games on my list in one month without worry. (I would by them eventually so not losing any money either way except maybe interest if I put that money in a CD or something....). Budget was tight for most americans even before economic crises.... I can't think of any time I was well off... Even after saling land, I can't possibly pay off all my debts... That's just the way it is in America for 95% of the people the hardly make enough money to live/pay debts, we're always in debt... More and more families are becoming a both parents working to help solve this but even then, you start off the marriage in great debt (100,000+ home loan, etc).
FoxWBogart said:
WTF, have you seen the ingame videos? Bethesda has transformed themagnificient Fallout into a mediocre simply shooter, with touchs of RPG, but isn't fallout. Really I never expected that Bethesda could make a worthy sequel of Fallout, but this? Seriously talking, when I played morrowind I said "bethesda are the ****** rpg gods", but now I say "they are a miser company, they only are able to make empty RPGs without charm and with an easy concept of a open game", and they laughs of the habitual and hardcore gamers (like me, I think).Red, I hope that you don't become like bethesda :angel:
I don't see how you can say this without playing it. I saw ingame footage of Morrowind that made me think same thing, but it turned out to have alot of depth storywise.You say Morrowwind was great but then after ONE somewhat blah game you can say they are the complete oppossit? One bad game? Seriously.... Actually I didn't like Morrowwind as much as you did, but still going to reserve judgement until I get my hands on the game or a demo, or proper reviews.

Not to sound too antagonistic ... but does no one actually try to live within their means anymore ? ... i did not buy a house until i had enough money for a 10% down payment (which at the time was the rock-bottom minimum you could get away with here) ... and for my second house i put down 25% (having sold the first -- i'm not collecting them, i moved to a different city)and when you say "debts" ... have you tired paying one off before adding another one to the pile ? ... i think too many people feel that they *must* have this or that to be happy and money be damned -- imho, that's why the US in a financial meltdown :peace:p.s. my wedding cost me $135 total (that includes our rings -- and they are still our rings after 19 years)

gamewidow said:
Not to sound too antagonistic ... but does no one actually try to live within their means anymore ? ... i did not buy a house until i had enough money for a 10% down payment (which at the time was the rock-bottom minimum you could get away with here) ... and for my second house i put down 25% (having sold the first -- i'm not collecting them, i moved to a different city)and when you say "debts" ... have you tired paying one off before adding another one to the pile ? ... i think too many people feel that they *must* have this or that to be happy and money be damned -- imho, that's why the US in a financial meltdown :peace:p.s. my wedding cost me $135 total (that includes our rings -- and they are still our rings after 19 years)
My wedding cost about the same :D. 25% of 100,000 or more depending on where you live, is still 75,000. I live within my means hence sacrificing things for games ;). I'm lower middle class and this year even got cut to 11 month :(. My wife doesn't work and probably can't, she could probably collect disability if she wanted to but we are getting by fine. With the sale of land we are paying off her credit card, that we used to get needed house repairs, medical bills (coverage for her just costs way too much), and probably a good portion of the car we had to buy to replace one that is starting to have major issues. No I'm not poor, and I'm living within my means, I have less debt than most middle class people. Unlike you I didn't choose to stay with my parents until I had enough cash built up to not have debt upon leaving home. I'm not saying I couldn't of afforded the other games now, just that I could buy something else with that cash. I'm not a materialist myself the only thing Expensive I have other than essentials is a 42" plasma and a computer... Though I could probably live better if I could get my wife to stop some of her uneeded buying...

25% of 100000 is 25000 my friend, perhaps that's where your money is going ? :peace:and canada has socialized healthcare :) ... and i moved away from the parental home at 17 ... i don't know where you decided that i lived with my parents ... i rented until i could afford a downpayment

Top Bottom