Are you getting Fallout 3?

+
gamewidow said:
25% of 100000 is 25000 my friend, perhaps that's where your money is going ? :peace:and canada has socialized healthcare :) ... and i moved away from the parental home at 17 ... i don't know where you decided that i lived with my parents ... i rented until i could afford a downpayment
25% down payment on 100,000 leave 75,000 debt. Is what I meant ;) not math challenged.... So you lost how much each year on renting that could of went to paying down your house debt? Renting isn't cheap... So you had debt just delayed getting it... I suppose your parents gave you a car/you worked within wlak distance, etc... Canada is far different than America in expenses. I have to pay to be alive here, taxes up the wazzo here over 30% of my paycheck goes to the government... I'm glad you are getting by so well, but like you said you're still in debt :p

we are getting way off topic here, but rent does not need to be exorbitant and can allow for savings at the same time. I shared accommodations with people so i paid very little for rent and saved my pennies.If you feel that renting is throwing away money ... wow! i had to live somewhere and outdoor living in canada is not what it's cracked up to be for about half the year :)i also never carry a balance on a credit card ... not paying your balance very month -- that is really throwing money away! in fact, i only have a credit card because some services refuse to deal with you using any other financial medium (car rentals for one! -- ever tried to rent a car with cash?)

phalzyr said:
...taxes up the wazzo here over 70% of my paycheck goes to the government...
That sucks. I had some idea that, for example, paying to get children through college is a major investment, and financial commitment to provide this starts almost as soon as the child is born, but didn't realise the debt the average American was/is in. My original comment was meant as throwaway and no offence was intended.Looking on the bright side, and with a steer back on topic, The Witcher is a good purchase with high replayability, I hope Fallout 3 follows suit.

Voylodion said:
Voylodion said:
...taxes up the wazzo here over 70% of my paycheck goes to the government...
That sucks. I had some idea that, for example, paying to get children through college is a major investment, and financial commitment to provide this starts almost as soon as the child is born, but didn't realise the debt the average American was/is in. My original comment was meant as throwaway and no offence was intended.Looking on the bright side, and with a steer back on topic, The Witcher is a good purchase with high replayability, I hope Fallout 3 follows suit.
:eek: I should re-read before posting, to make sure what Imeant to say is what I typed... I meant over 30% as I only get 70% of pay check hehe. Not as bad but when you get less than 50,000... (;) )

Heh. Reading through some of these posts, I thougth I was actually on Bethesda's Fallout 3 boards. I'm buying the game, it looks like it might be fun. I took a chance on The Witcher, enjoyed it, played it through several times. I've taken chances on other games (sequels or in a series or stand-alone.) I just judge each game on it's own merits. I don't need to have some burden of a hallowed franchise, excellent as FO1 is, entertaining as FO2 was... wieghing down my general gaming enjoyment. Such srs bznss! ::) I'll either have fun with FO3 and play it through several times, or play it and put it away. I have a lot of games that fall into the played once/enjoyed well enough/forgot category. And others that get re-played and re-enjoyed. We'll see how this one goes.

Leydenne :I'm with you there. Same here, most games I've played fall into the play and forget category, and htere isn't really a pattern that says if a company made good games then next one will be good, or the reverse. I've had many games come from previously enjoyed series that was even a play and shelf next day category. Oblivion pops into my mind. I keep on trying to "Get into it" since I had so much fun with daggerfall, and some fun with Morrowind, but just wind up putting it right back on the shelf.

phalzyr said:
phalzyr said:
WTF, have you seen the ingame videos? Bethesda has transformed themagnificient Fallout into a mediocre simply shooter, with touchs of RPG, but isn't fallout. Really I never expected that Bethesda could make a worthy sequel of Fallout, but this? Seriously talking, when I played morrowind I said "bethesda are the ****** rpg gods", but now I say "they are a miser company, they only are able to make empty RPGs without charm and with an easy concept of a open game", and they laughs of the habitual and hardcore gamers (like me, I think).Red, I hope that you don't become like bethesda :angel:
I don't see how you can say this without playing it. I saw ingame footage of Morrowind that made me think same thing, but it turned out to have alot of depth storywise.You say Morrowwind was great but then after ONE somewhat blah game you can say they are the complete oppossit? One bad game? Seriously.... Actually I didn't like Morrowwind as much as you did, but still going to reserve judgement until I get my hands on the game or a demo, or proper reviews.
Remember, when you play fallout 3 you`ll remind mi post. Fallout is 100% the same than oblivion but in the wastelands and with bullets, but is the same thing, lot of monsters, mediocre AI and clonic towns. I repeat, Morrowind was better, I mean.

FoxWBogart said:
Remember, when you play fallout 3 you`ll remind mi post. Fallout is 100% the same than oblivion but in the wastelands and with bullets, but is the same thing, lot of monsters, mediocre AI and clonic towns. I repeat, Morrowind was better, I mean.
Have you played Fallout 3? I don't see how it can be 100% the same as oblivion since oblivion skill system works 100% differently. Was Morrowwind was better, and Daggerfall better than it IMO though maybe as I got older my expectations of games went up... Oddly from the gameplay video I saw I didn't get any oblivion feel from it... I'll let you know after I play it if I think it is oblivion with guns... What killed Oblivion for me the most though was its level up with you monster system.

After seeing the 5 gameplay demos on the Fallout website, has made me reconsider. But, I think I'm gonna wait for a month after the release, see my computer is pretty good the only thing that kind-of sucks is the video card, so I'm going to wait and buy 8800GT card or I might get another 1GB 8600GT and SLI them. After that, then I'll get Fallout 3.

After reading all the reviews, I bought a copy and installed it. It looks like a great game (so far - abt 2+ hrs in the game) but at least it runs well, and doesn't crash (unlike Witcher EE >.< )despite my rig being barely above minimum spec.

Got it... Played it... Now I can comment. I have played over 4 hours and still not bored. Oblivion made me bored in about 1 hour. Though the graphics do look a lot like oblivions other than setting, I wouldn't really expect it not to since they are using the same engine. Though truthflly this game feels more like an FPS than an RPG. In Oblivion I felt like no matter what I did I'd have no chance of dying since everyone leveled with me and I always had equal equipment... In fallout 3 I'm haivng to tread lightly, and some of the quests are not just go here kill x number of things. In fact one really made me think of how to approach it wihtout dying (which I did a few times). One man was my only oponnent for that quest. Once I figured out not to take it head on it became easy :)Here are some thoughts though:1. Due to graphics and engine being same I can't shake the "Oblivion" feel especial in tunnel that look way too similiar.2. Gameplay wise though it is completely different than Oblivion, but also a little too different than Fallout. It has all the perks, skills, etc but VATS isn't enough of an offset to the 3D environment to make it not feel like an FPS with Fallout elements. Though VATS is very cool and helpfull. (I'm not a great FPS player)3. Inventory is weight based just like Oblivion and just like Oblivion that forces you to trip back several times during a misson just to off load inv for cash(caps). I wish we had twice the limit too many times am I traveling back and forth (Oblivion instant style) to just offload inv, and the shop keepers don't help this by having a very low amount of cash that I haven't seen replenish yet. So it is as much trading as selling.4. I think the random spawn rate is just right. I hated in Oblivion where goign through an already explorer area things would spawn so often that it became a feet to get through the area once again. Since Fallout 3 is very ammo limited I was hoping for almost no spawning. (only "noticed" it happen once.)5. I crashed more than once, if I had to guess... 3 times... Always in the same situation. I get shot at hit and try to go into VATS at same time I take damage...6. Being a gun shooting person is a lot like being a fireball thowing mage in Oblivion but with limited ammo...VATS helps but doesn't shake that feel entirely.More thoughts when I get time to play more...

I've been playing the fallout 3 for 2 days now and I can say that is a good game.Although it has an Oblivion feeling to it(it has the same engine) is way better than it.If Oblivion was a fail for me Fallout is not.If Oblivion would have been like F3 it would have been great.And a big part for this sucess is the post-apocaliptic setting.The atmosphere is just great.I remember that I was sitting at the bar outside in Megatron and just listening to the music from the radio and watching at the stars from the sky.That was a grat felling.Anyway judging from the start is way better than Oblivion.Now lets hope that they've learned something from it and make TES 5 more mature and more like fallout 3

Not fully convinced yet... in my mind I can't fit rpg's and guns in the same line :pAnd I didn't like oblivion THAT much - lots of talk about f3 being just that but with guns.

My Fallout 3 adventures! on NMA-Fallout, just a preview, 'cause a movie critic does not watch just the first 10 minutes of a movie and game review media thinks that playing a game for 5 hours it's enough to draw a conclusion that costs me moneyLive Fallout 3 interview - transcript
As far as fixes, there's a PC update coming out later today that will address a few PC-specific things that have come up. Can't give you any details yet beyond that as far as what else might be in the works for any of the three platforms
a few PC-specific things that make me wait some more :(

phoebusg said:
Not fully convinced yet... in my mind I can't fit rpg's and guns in the same line :pAnd I didn't like oblivion THAT much - lots of talk about f3 being just that but with guns.
It isn't. Those still saying that are only looking at the engine, not gameplay. Oblivion has a skill system that is usage based, which only encourages people to hide in corners spamming skills to level them. Fallout 3 is XP based primarily around quests though some from enemies also. The skill/perk system is almost the same as previous Fallouts.Fallout 3 is more FPS than RPG though. Yes it has great quest but most of the time is spent moving around in "oblivion" style 1st person. VATS is useful for those of us that don't have good aim fast reflexs but also tends to not be able to get though with just it. In oblivion you had to pretty much screw up, rush level, or something other major to get killed. In fallout 3 you can't rush level, and you can die if not careful. the first time I died was due to a sniper shooting the car I was hiding behind to snipe at him. It went nova and me and my pet dog went bye bye... Though you can pause at any time bring up your pip boy and heal so unlesss your taken out quickly and you cary stimpaks you won't die from normal battles (I.E. you can't go rushing into a crowd of people shooting like a madman and do well. You can very easily in Oblivion.). So far in my playing: They have done great in balancing the areas I've been to. Never have I felt weak or powerful (except when going to places I shoudl have much sooner but me being sidetracked...) Roaches, Molerats, etc are still super easy later on and whenever they appear amonst the humanoids I feel that my character is actually becoming better not staying the exact same as in Oblivion.OK, enough babbling from me. (for now ;P)

Top Bottom