Jobs Support Register

Are you kidding me? Seriously? I just lost a game because of this?

+

The_Odinson

Junior Member
#1
Are you kidding me? Seriously? I just lost a game because of this?

I play Nenneke. I have to choose up to 3 cards. I pick 2, but don't pick a 3rd before the timer runs out, and it doesn't put anything back, not even the 2 I already selected. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!? THAT'S HOW THIS GAME WORKS??!?!?!?!?!? JESUS CHRIST, HOW IS THAT HOW IT WORKS? WHAT'S EVEN THE POINT OF LETTING ME SELECT LESS THAN 3 CARDS??!?! IGNORANT!!
 

OG.laloquaint

Junior Member
#2
Why'd you take so long to play Nenneke and pick 3 cards lol? You have more than enough time to do that. Not the game's fault you're too slow. :/
 

The_Odinson

Junior Member
#3
OG.laloquaint;n9539851 said:
Why'd you take so long to play Nenneke and pick 3 cards lol? You have more than enough time to do that. Not the game's fault you're too slow. :/
But I did select 2 cards. It autoplays other things for you, completely screwing you. And I was trying to decide on if I even wanted a 3rd card or not, because I had Dijkstra as my last card and I could for sure get those 2 cards or I could get 2 of 3. I picked 2 and was trying to decide about the third and timer ran out, but then didn't even put my 2 cards I selected back. That isn't something I can know is going to happen. That I didn't somehow confirm the 2, because it does double check if you pick 3, once you click 3 cards it just does it automatically. So why would picking 2 but running out of time mean I put back none?
 
#4
That's totally your fault... You know your deck, you know what cards you want to put back in deck, you know what cards you have played so why it took you so much time to select 3 cards ?

About selecting two cards, of course it's not going to work as it's like cheating that you want to make sure that you will get the card from those two only.
 

Iuliandrei

Junior Member
#7
l_WHIT3WOLF_l;n9539951 said:
That's totally your fault... You know your deck, you know what cards you want to put back in deck, you know what cards you have played so why it took you so much time to select 3 cards ?

About selecting two cards, of course it's not going to work as it's like cheating that you want to make sure that you will get the card from those two only.
Why "of course it's not going to work"?
I'm fairly sure that if i asked you how this works an hour before this post you wouldn't have known and now suddenly is "of course". It shouldn't work this way and is not consistent with other effects. And how is this cheating? Do you even know what you're talking about or just trolling at this point?
 
#9
Iuliandrei;n9540261 said:
Why "of course it's not going to work"? I'm fairly sure that if i asked you how this works an hour before this post you wouldn't have known and now suddenly is "of course". It shouldn't work this way and is not consistent with other effects. And how is this cheating? Do you even know what you're talking about or just trolling at this point?
First I thought you are op then I am like ohh wait who are you as I replied to op, hahaha

Anyways my English is not super cool to explain properly but still...

1st When I said "of course it's not going to work" that means of course it should work like it worked for op, no matter I was knowing how that card working or not.

2nd I said its like cheating coz Nr is good at deck thinning so if you use Nenneke in 2nd round & if there are 1,2 card left in your deck or may be nothing then you can put whatever card you like to come in 3rd round as a draw if Nenneke allows you only to put back 1/2 cards so that's what I am saying. It's already a powerful ability & on that if she allows any card less than 3 then its going to be op imo.

Another thing Nenneke is not the only card with this ability Assire is also there plus many other cards works like this where you have to choose the fix number of cards to work its ability so nothing is surprising here at least for me.

So in the end I am not the one who is trolling :)
 
Last edited:

Iuliandrei

Junior Member
#11
l_WHIT3WOLF_l;n9540371 said:
2nd I said its like cheating coz Nr is good at deck thinning so if you use Nenneke in 2nd round & if there are 1,2 card left in your deck or may be nothing then you can put whatever card you like to come in 3rd round as a draw if Nenneke allows you only to put back 1/2 cards so that's what I am saying. It's already a powerful ability & on that if she allows any card less than 3 then its going to be op imo.

Another thing Nenneke is not the only card with this ability Assire is also there plus many other cards works like this where you have to choose the fix number of cards to work its ability so nothing is surprising here at least for me.
This is painful and hope you can understand my irritation with your comments but you ALREADY CAN put less cards back in your deck with Nenneke? Just select 1 or 2 cards and then right click, she'll put back just those cards and it's not OP at all. Same goes for Assire, surprise surprise.

I also don't see how it's fair to invalidate someone's actions just cause timer runs out.
 

Skryba86

Junior Member
#12
@I_WHIT3WOLF_I nenneke allows the player to put up to 3 cards back into his deck. So it does allow you to choose less than three. That's not the point.

Anyway, @op I do see how this might be changed, but the timed abilities work like this in the game, you just gotta be more rigorous with your plays. Whenever an ability is optional, if you let the timer run out the game will auto play as if you opt not to do the ability at all; whenever something is obligatory, if the timer runs out the game will autoplay in random. Not sure if I'm missing an option or if that covers all of the timed abilities, but for those (minus the occasional odd one out, that definitely may be in the game somewhere) that's how it works.
 
#13
Iuliandrei;n9540511 said:
This is painful and hope you can understand my irritation with your comments but you ALREADY CAN put less cards back in your deck with Nenneke? Just select 1 or 2 cards and then right click, she'll put back just those cards and it's not OP at all. Same goes for Assire, surprise surprise.

I also don't see how it's fair to invalidate someone's actions just cause timer runs out.
hahaha that's what I am saying dude.. as I said my English is not super cool. I am only saying that Nenneke should not work on less than 3 cards & if she is working then it should be change.

About timer its long enough to choose 3 or as you say less than 3 cards. We know our deck we are watching what our opp. playing, we know all cards in graveyard so how come it takes forever to choose 3 cards ?

Anyways main point here is not Nenneke ability.. but the timer so cool n enjoyyy
 

devivre

Moderator
#16
Interesting opinion on Nenneke. Don't see why it should be necessary to force people to use Nenneke on no less than 3 cards, but okay, I respect that opinion.

 
#17
I already mentioned the reason. May be it's small but still... I am just saying that as Nr is good at deck thinning so putting one card back to deck with Nenneke insures that Nr will draw that card in round may be stennis or trollolo. Ye I know this is rare case & may be I am saying this due to current Nr status which is so powerful :/

Leave it now as this is really not important as cdpr is not going to change this at least for now as there are other many card needs more attention. It's no point bumping the thread without reason :)
 

Exoclyps

Junior Member
#18
All cards that have you select cards works like this. I once lost a game getting 0 cards back from Saskia because I was too late to choose what cards to get.
 

ArianeGrosmont

Junior Member
#19
l_WHIT3WOLF_l;n9540371 said:
2nd I said its like cheating coz Nr is good at deck thinning so if you use Nenneke in 2nd round & if there are 1,2 card left in your deck or may be nothing then you can put whatever card you like to come in 3rd round as a draw if Nenneke allows you only to put back 1/2 cards so that's what I am saying. It's already a powerful ability & on that if she allows any card less than 3 then its going to be op imo.
so basically you think think Nenneke's current ability is OP. Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion, of course, and these forums are the place to state it.

However, please understand that using the word 'cheating' could be counter-productive. Whether a card is balanced or not, if it is currently working as intended by the devs, it's not a 'cheat'.
Think about it: if there's a card you like using, and someone else thinks it's OP, I'm guessing you wouldn't feel very good if they called you a cheater, right? and I doubt it would lead to a constructive dialogue...
 
#20
ArianeGrosmont;n9544591 said:
However, please understand that using the word 'cheating' could be counter-productive. Whether a card is balanced or not, if it is currently working as intended by the devs, it's not a 'cheat'. Think about it: if there's a card you like using, and someone else thinks it's OP, I'm guessing you wouldn't feel very good if they called you a cheater, right? and I doubt it would lead to a constructive dialogue...
I already told so many times that my English is not great to explain things properly.... BUT, I said in my no. #4 post that "It's LIKE cheating" & I don't know how other are taking it but for me there is a difference between It's cheating & It's like cheating. Let me explain you in example...

- In closed beta there are some op strategies available in NR with Promote ability so even though it's from developers still using those strategies is like cheating for me coz we know this is not intended & there is some mistake but still we are using it so I am not going to say it's cheating as those cards are not tweaked by player who using it to call him cheater but as he is using it even though he knows it's somehow not legal or intended so it's near to or like cheating imo.

Another example..

- Many pc users are now using gwent tracker which is defiantly giving them advantage over console players so many players are saying it's cheating & for me yes it's like a cheating even though I am using it. Now again I am not saying it's cheating as it's not helping you to win by showing opp. cards which is cheating but some how it's indirectly helps you to track your cards or what cards oop. played which is little unfair.

And as I said I am not a English master so sometimes I don't find proper word to explain & I don't thing this is really a big issue as I don't called anyone cheater but still some members want to be smart by making issue of simple things.

I am done here Good Luck n Good Bye
 
Last edited by a moderator: