Are you kidding me? Seriously? I just lost a game because of this?

+
You have a point. It's weird the game acts like three or none, but like many unspoken rules and priorities, you can only see on the fly unfortunately.

seffard;n9547321 said:
You have a point. It's weird the game acts like three or none, but like many unspoken rules and priorities, you can only see on the fly unfortunately.

But the games doesn't act as 3 or 1... You can select 0, 1, 2 or 3 cards. You simply have to choose the ones you want and finish your play before the timer runs out, otherwise you'll automatically be set to choose 0 cards.

But sometimes you need more time to think or you make decision too late(not mean espacially Nenneke), that happend not one time with me and you have only one option in this case, quit, you lost this game and that's all

Exoclyps;n9544321 said:
All cards that have you select cards works like this. I once lost a game getting 0 cards back from Saskia because I was too late to choose what cards to get.
No they don't. Unseen Elder doesn't work like that at all. You can play Unseen Elder and eat 1 or 2 units, and if you let time run out, it will choose the remaining units at random. I tried this because I didn't wish to eat a 3rd unit, but the game forces you to do so if one is available.

I was exactly this outraged last night, when I placed my Coral only to realize my opponents crucial one card was a GOLD card, and I was forced to destroy my own Bear, losing the match.

Be3lzeBot;n9734231 said:
I was exactly this outraged last night, when I placed my Coral only to realize my opponents crucial one card was a GOLD card, and I was forced to destroy my own Bear, losing the match.
That's much different than the OP's situation. Yours is entirely your fault. Compression targets any unit, and the opponent did not have a valid unit. You misplayed it. The same thing occurs with other cards that must target a unit like Alzur's Thunder or Triss Merigold. You zap your own unit if the opponent has no valid targets. The same rule applies to all scenarios where a target must be fulfilled. All of those cards say "target" rather than "enemy".

In the OP's situation, he didn't misplay Neneneke. He simply didn't have enough time to select the full 3 cards, and therefore got 0 despite already choosing 2. This is in direct opposite to a card like Unseen Elder, whereby if time expires, the game forces a full selection by random process. If I choose 2 with Elder, the game forces a 3rd if it's available when time expires. If there's not enough to fulfill the condition, Elder still gets what has already been consumed. There's two different rules applied to each card, despite similar circumstances.

arubino99;n9734301 said:
n the OP's situation, he didn't misplay Neneneke. He simply didn't have enough time to select the full 3 cards, and therefore got 0 despite already choosing 2. This is in direct opposite to a card like Unseen Elder, whereby if time expires, the game forces a full selection by random process.

No, the cards work differently. You HAVE to consume 3 units using unseen elder, but it's totally your choice if you want to shuffle 0,1,2 or 3 cards back into your deck.

This really isn't worth raging about. You lost one game due to indecision. You learned how the game handles that situation so you can avoid it happening in the future. Thank you for sharing the experience so others can avoid it too. But does the game need changed due to this event? No, I don't think it does.

arubino99;n9733461 said:
No they don't. Unseen Elder doesn't work like that at all. You can play Unseen Elder and eat 1 or 2 units, and if you let time run out, it will choose the remaining units at random. I tried this because I didn't wish to eat a 3rd unit, but the game forces you to do so if one is available.

That is not the same. Unseen Elder target a unit on the board. I meant abilities that target cards in the deck or the likes.

Top Bottom