Are you MODDER? Tell us it should be on the new Redkit for Cyberpunk 2077

+
As usual, we always try to read all the feedback coming from the community so please keep sharing it with us. Regarding the cooperation with Yigsoft, at this moment we don't have anything else to add but once the situation changes, they will be sharing results of their work for sure!
Thank you very much @Vattier we are very excited about this great decision that you have made from CDPR.

We can do nothing more than be attentive to upcoming news.

Very grateful @Vattier that you see your community of players as another essential part of CDPR and that you read when you can the constructive comments that serve to continue advancing and consolidating the success of Cyberpunk 2077.

This game excites players and modders and that is what makes us spend many hours not only playing, but also making modifications, making improvements and commenting in the forums about the emotions that it makes us feel and the improvements that we see necessary to develop.

Thank you and keep going strong !!!!

Scissors123454321 here.

An updated tweakdb.str would be great.

An easier way to edit archived files, and maybe some sort of official tool for it even. Not like the curvesets, but the meshes, entities, appearance files, stuff like that.

It's also very hard to actually add a new archived file into the game, so some easier way of doing that would be great. Apparently it needs to be hardcoded into a bunch of lists in hex or something right now, and its so tedious people won't do it. It would let people add new items into the game.

If you want more specifics about the above 2 things, try asking about them in mod-general: [ask for the link via PM] Nim would probably be the most helpful, but most people there work with that stuff.

Remove the cap on vendor items or tell me where it is. Vendors can spawn 40 items at a time (including money), and they're pretty much already at their limit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I swapped textures once. For me the biggest frustration were any unreadable files. Give the tools or descriptors to see actual data in files and people will build the necessary converters, viewers, parsers or anything. If it's ASCII gibberish and doesn't align with anything in HEX i'm gonna have a bad time. Even if the folder, filename and everything else says it's the thing i want to work on and it's exactly the file that should do the things i'm after. And this is already with help of external modder tool.

Another thing that IMHO always works great especially with less tech savy people is sandbox / edit mode inside the game itself. Simple menu to fly around, delete, spawn, tweak and analyze existing stuff and generates mod .archive upon "saving" would produce a ton of interesting player creations as well as help with debugging more complex manual mods.

Nim would probably be the most helpful
Heh, once i knew Nim who did stuff for nex. I wonder if it's the same Nim :).

Nothing at the "engine level" should be modifiable. That's too risky.
Why though? I imagine many rendering and physics aspects rely heavily on engine side. Want to improve 2D cars? Engine. Want make a boat? Engine. Unless you wan't to do everything with super creative, inefficient workarounds and lots of duct tape ;)

Last edited:
The two tools that will give moders the MOST power is Scripting and Animation. Theses two were horribly hamstrung in the Skyrim * game and that was the final straw for me. After more than a decade of obsessed and dedicated modding only for their games (Fallout and TES) I "retired" and left with some sad feelings.

Please do not let this happen with your tools. Powerful mechanic mods (for new game features) NEED full scripting tools and GOOD animation tools.

* Scripts were limited to running in tiny time windows leading to what we called SCRIPT LAG and critical scripts that "froze" pilling up, deleted from the que and never running. Animation was locked behind a third party Havok licenses. Many mod makers (including myself) for a few years tried to make a mod for the player to be able to use spears but could not because of this issue. I did the same thing easily in Oblivion in a week. So did the Bethesda DEV in their Skyrim Game jam WEEK because they had access to the tools.
Post automatically merged:

Unless you wan't to do everything with super creative, inefficient workarounds and lots of duct tape

Which is what we had to do in Skyrim, giving some of us mod authors bad reputation for HACK mods... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Firstly, thanks for the open forum! Looking forward to seeing what comes of this! I have a few thoughts I'd like to share...

1) Thus far, my modding has been focused on cosmetic changes (all the Alternate Clothes mods I made for Panam/Judy/Misty/Meredith/etc, as well as all the face/hair conversion mods).
  • I would find great value in the ability to change the APP file to point to different assets in the game, rather than having to change the model meshes directly.
  • The main benefit would be to avoid the exploding vertices or model inconsistencies that arise, when certain characters are dependent on the models that are changed (eg: Maelstrom/Corpo NPCs that require Rogue/Judy pants/hair, and break when I change the model).
  • Furthermore, the ability to change the color called for by the APP, in addition to the pathway of the model itself.
  • To wit, some of this is being done by PR Editor, or by Hex editing MLSETUP files, so this might be a redundant request eventually, but I wanted to share the concern.
  • Additionally, this also opens up the ability to add new assets to the game (clothes etc) without having to replace existing models.
  • Even better if we can simply add new appearances entirely, without replacing existing ones.
2) A console system that would be able to pull asset information in-game would also be useful. So modders could go to a particular location/NPC, and be able to pull the game GPS data or NPC number/ID/name.
  • some of this can be done with Appearance Menu Mod and Cyberengine Tools, but it's difficult to track down certain characters (eg: Rita Wheeler is "Beyond Bouncer 01," which took me a while to figure out...much less how I would go about changing her outfit without breaking other NPC/Mox characters).
3) I would love to be able to script my own missions, call for NPCs (or even create new NPCs for custom missions) and animations.
  • Furthermore, the ability to call for music queues in the game, or insert our own audio (which also affords the ability to add custom voice work, should we so desire).
  • I have already spoken to modders over at the Immersive Roleplay Mod discord, some of whom have toyed around with this concept. This would really open up the ability for modders to create new missions and content that would keep players coming back regularly.
  • There is a basic system IRP has developed, but when last I checked, it was hard coding without an actual GUI (although I have been notified that there is a basic GUI in place now...still, more developed tools for this would be ideal).
  • I've already diagrammed several multi-mission arcs for the game, which tie into the main/side plotlines. Being able to go beyond writing, and actually implement them as playable missions with custom voices/music...that would be a dream! Cyberpunk is a rich environment, ripe for storytelling!
I'm sure I'll have more ideas in the future, but these are quite ambitious requests to start already, and I don't want to spam my requests. Thanks again for your time and support!

Last edited:

"ARE YOU MODDER? TELL US IT SHOULD BE ON THE NEW REDKIT FOR CYBERPUNK 2077"

Am not a modder, but if I would recommend one mod to be added to Redkit, or Wolvenkit, it's this one.
'The Colorizer Mod' by Binmos for 'She Will Punish Them'.

It works by giving players the ability to color anything the player character is wearing. It's pretty vast. One item can have as many as 10+ sliders, and each slider has 6 different color options to choose and combine colors with. Imagine coloring all your favorite outfits... it would give CP77 new incentive on an unprecedented scale.

You can already recolour pretty much anything, and its better than sliders. The only thing we haven't done yet in materials is reverse engineering shaders, so right now we can't really modify REDEngine material templates (.mt files).

There are over a hundred material templates for all kinds of things like hair, skin, eyes, glass, metal etc. and special purpose ones for decal meshes, parallax effects, multilayer diffuse etc.

Most garment and vehicle materials are multilayer. The material template is multilayered.mt. A unique instance of this template is created for each mesh. This is the material instance (.mi file). This instance can be embedded in the mesh.

If you look at the material instance to see what it loads, you will find a multilayer setup (.mlsetup), multilayer mask set (.mlmask) and a global normal map (.xbm).

The way this shader works is that it uses a set of stencil masks to layer lots of different textures and blend them at run time. It is not uncommon for a garment mesh to have upwards of 15 layers, each layer defined by a mask.

If you open the .mlsetup you will see all of the layers point to a multilayer template (.mltemplate) and a microblend texture (.xbm).

The mltemplate contains the file paths to the PBR (physically based rendering) texture sets. There is a library of these textures in /base/surfaces/materials/.

A PBR texture set is typically comprised of a greyscale diffuse, normal, roughness and metallic map and is organised by surface type. So for example, /base/surfaces/materials/fabric/leather/leather_standard_clean_01_30. There are several leather variants like rough, old, bull, croc etc.

A microblend in Cyberpunk is a small, tileable detail normal map. It is usually used for fine surface details and imperfections - small cracks, scrapes, scratches, lint or dust etc.

Inside the mltemplate you will find roughness, metallic and colour scalars. The colour scalars are normalized RGB. So there is an array where you can change the float value or the red, green and blue channel by putting in a decimal number between 0 and 1.0. In this way you can give any surface any colour you want.

And because its a material, it has roughness/metallic/specular/emissive properties and light changes our perception of colour. So you can vary the perception of the object's colour by changing the roughness/metallic scalars for example so that it is more or less reflective.

This system is very powerful and flexible. After playing with it for a few months it strikes me as the most efficient way to create theoretically infinite numbers of surface variations by mashing up small, lightweight 512x512 greyscale textures in real time.

Its performant in the sense that hundreds of meshes use the same handful of textures from a single library - There is not a unique, fat colour texture set per object. This would be a big problem for streaming.

Instead, a dozen objects will use that single leather texture set on screen and they will all look different. Different colour, different blend with other textures, different surface details and light characteristics. You vary the colour and light characteristics of the surface in the shader. You do not need to modify the textures.

The only material asset that is unique to each object is the mask sets but these masks are black and white only and are tiny (256x256 or less). So they take up very little space in memory and on storage disk.

Because of this massive scale sharing of assets, colour/roughness/metallic scale IDs are enumerated in the mltemplate and mlsetup. Leather_standard_clean_01_30 has over 750 of these PBR scalar IDs as CNAMES, which means there are over 750 preset colour and shinyness variations of this one texture. I don't know if you can create custom scalar values and apply the new material to the mesh in-engine, at runtime. Thats a problem for a game engine developer. I wouldn't even know where to start.

Right now, we can modify every part of the multilayer material pipeline except for the shader code. So we can create masks, we can add or remove layers in an mlsetup. We can import custom textures, we can change all of the PBR scalars. We just have to do it outside the game, save the changes made to the mesh material instance, the mlsetup and/or the mltemplates, then compress everything into a .archive.

Last edited:
Why though? I imagine many rendering and physics aspects rely heavily on engine side. Want to improve 2D cars? Engine. Want make a boat? Engine. Unless you wan't to do everything with super creative, inefficient workarounds and lots of duct tape ;)

Because your typical game engine is also a "licensable commodity" from which CDPR can (and likely does) generate revenue. Asking them to just "give it away" to modders would lead to more legal troubles from those who have or may buy a license to use the engine. Modifying things at the engine level would also likely lead to breaking any (or EVERY) mod not expecting those changes, if not the game itself, requiring a full re-install. We don't need access to the engine. We need access to the tools required to modify the systems running on it. NONE of the stuff you mentioned requires engine level access. Improving or even adding new cars doesn't require access to the engine. It requires the ability to import custom compatible assets for the systems to manipulate. You didn't need engine level access to add custom models for anything into ANY TES or Fallout game.

I think many misunderstand how the Creation Engine (or any engine for that matter) actually works. The engine is a framework. The animation system, or Havok, is a completely separate system designed to run on the Creation Engine (I think it's actually the other way around. The engine is designed to "use" the Havok system). Bethesda owns the Creation Engine. Bethesda does NOT own Havok. We didn't get access to the tools for it because it wasn't theirs to give us access to. CDPR owns Red Engine. They "may" not own the animation system they used for the game.

Without knowing if the animation system used in Red Engine for Cyberpunk is actually "owned" by CDPR, we have no way of knowing how much access they can legally give to modders. They may very well be in the same boat as Bethesda. We have to wait and see. Do we even know what the animation system is yet? My guess? It's Havok. And so, NOT owned by CDPR, and not theirs to give us access to.

You might want to start stocking up on duct tape :p

I see that great talents of game modification and Cyberpunk 2077 are talking in this post:

@at37777777 (Scissors123454321 on Nexusmods): mod author:
Full Gameplay Rebalance

@Seracen_Alpha (Seracen on Nexusmods): some of the mod from him are:
Judy - Alternate Clothes
Panama - Alternate Clothes
Meredith - Alternate Faces and Hair
Meredith - Alternate Clothes
Misty - Alternate Clothes
Claire - Alternates

I am excited about their work and their involvement in Cyberpunk 2077, I hope that more creators and modders can come in and leave their opinions on the future mod tool that Yigsoft prepares. The road to a new stage of Cyberpunk 2077 has already begun and it is very exciting to read your comments.

You can already recolour pretty much anything, and its better than sliders. The only thing we haven't done yet in materials is reverse engineering shaders, so right now we can't really modify REDEngine material templates (.mt files).

There are over a hundred material templates for all kinds of things like hair, skin, eyes, glass, metal etc. and special purpose ones for decal meshes, parallax effects, multilayer diffuse etc.

Most garment and vehicle materials are multilayer. The material template is multilayered.mt. A unique instance of this template is created for each mesh. This is the material instance (.mi file). This instance can be embedded in the mesh.

If you look at the material instance to see what it loads, you will find a multilayer setup (.mlsetup), multilayer mask set (.mlmask) and a global normal map (.xbm).

The way this shader works is that it uses a set of stencil masks to layer lots of different textures and blend them at run time. It is not uncommon for a garment mesh to have upwards of 15 layers, each layer defined by a mask.

If you open the .mlsetup you will see all of the layers point to a multilayer template (.mltemplate) and a microblend texture (.xbm).

The mltemplate contains the file paths to the PBR (physically based rendering) texture sets. There is a library of these textures in /base/surfaces/materials/.

A PBR texture set is typically comprised of a greyscale diffuse, normal, roughness and metallic map and is organised by surface type. So for example, /base/surfaces/materials/fabric/leather/leather_standard_clean_01_30. There are several leather variants like rough, old, bull, croc etc.

A microblend in Cyberpunk is a small, tileable detail normal map. It is usually used for fine surface details and imperfections - small cracks, scrapes, scratches, lint or dust etc.

Inside the mltemplate you will find roughness, metallic and colour scalars. The colour scalars are normalized RGB. So there is an array where you can change the float value or the red, green and blue channel by putting in a decimal number between 0 and 1.0. In this way you can give any surface any colour you want.

And because its a material, it has roughness/metallic/specular/emissive properties and light changes our perception of colour. So you can vary the perception of the object's colour by changing the roughness/metallic scalars for example so that it is more or less reflective.

This system is very powerful and flexible. After playing with it for a few months it strikes me as the most efficient way to create theoretically infinite numbers of surface variations by mashing up small, lightweight 512x512 greyscale textures in real time.

Its performant in the sense that hundreds of meshes use the same handful of textures from a single library - There is not a unique, fat colour texture set per object. This would be a big problem for streaming.

Instead, a dozen objects will use that single leather texture set on screen and they will all look different. Different colour, different blend with other textures, different surface details and light characteristics. You vary the colour and light characteristics of the surface in the shader. You do not need to modify the textures.

The only material asset that is unique to each object is the mask sets but these masks are black and white only and are tiny (256x256 or less). So they take up very little space in memory and on storage disk.

Because of this massive scale sharing of assets, colour/roughness/metallic scale IDs are enumerated in the mltemplate and mlsetup. Leather_standard_clean_01_30 has over 750 of these PBR scalar IDs as CNAMES, which means there are over 750 preset colour and shinyness variations of this one texture. I don't know if you can create custom scalar values and apply the new material to the mesh in-engine, at runtime. Thats a problem for a game engine developer. I wouldn't even know where to start.

Right now, we can modify every part of the multilayer material pipeline except for the shader code. So we can create masks, we can add or remove layers in an mlsetup. We can import custom textures, we can change all of the PBR scalars. We just have to do it outside the game, save the changes made to the mesh material instance, the mlsetup and/or the mltemplates, then compress everything into a .archive.
You have a very high knowledge, tell me some of your work in cyberpunk, I would like to see.
Please feel free to comment on the improvements you would like in the new Redkit.

Last edited:
Hi. I'm this guy.

I'm not sure if we're just talking about WolvenKit or modding in general, so i will mention some things that may not be related to WolvenKit.

The first really important thing is to expose more native classes to the scripting language. Currently, only classes used by CDPR devs are exposed, so it would be nice to extend this list. E.g., we can't even change the weather right now.

The second nice thing would be to have an access to the game's UI. So we could modify it directly or construct our own menus and stuff.

The third nice thing would be to have a way of adding items in the game instead of modifying existing ones. Like new clothes, weapons, cars, etc.

Also, more control over NPCs would be nice. To have the ability to modify and fully control their behavior, animations, voice sets, etc. Or even having direct control over them.
E.g., right now we can "request" NPC to go to a certain location and he may or may not do that, but it would be great to command NPC to go straight, turn right, enter the vehicle, start the engine and drive with a certain speed. That'd be awesome.

So yeah, all of it boils down to a bigger control over things.

Thank you for the game, CDPR.

Hi. I'm this guy.

I'm not sure if we're just talking about WolvenKit or modding in general, so i will mention some things that may not be related to WolvenKit.

The first really important thing is to expose more native classes to the scripting language. Currently, only classes used by CDPR devs are exposed, so it would be nice to extend this list. E.g., we can't even change the weather right now.

The second nice thing would be to have an access to the game's UI. So we could modify it directly or construct our own menus and stuff.

The third nice thing would be to have a way of adding items in the game instead of modifying existing ones. Like new clothes, weapons, cars, etc.

Also, more control over NPCs would be nice. To have the ability to modify and fully control their behavior, animations, voice sets, etc. Or even having direct control over them.
E.g., right now we can "request" NPC to go to a certain location and he may or may not do that, but it would be great to command NPC to go straight, turn right, enter the vehicle, start the engine and drive with a certain speed. That'd be awesome.

So yeah, all of it boils down to a bigger control over things.

Thank you for the game, CDPR.
@Bonanov your works are very good, I don't see them as modifications but as great improvements to the game !!!

CDPR should make a selection of the best work done by modders and ask the gaming community for a vote to have a Top 10 or Top 20. These mods would be integrated into the game as DLC (that you can activate or deactivate) and would be paid to the modders who created them.

This would further incentivize the development work that modders do. I don't think they are directly looking to make money, but it would be a way for CDPR to have yet another connection with modders. Players will benefit from a better experience with modifications officially recognized by CDPR and officially incorporated into the game..

There is not only cosmetic work, there is also repair work that has a great value like the one you do.

Please feel free to comment on the improvements you would like in the new Redkit.

I don't upload anything to nexus. All in #discord-exclusives of the Cyberpunk 2077 Modding discord. Search "from:island_dancer".

Faith hair 4k textures, 4k short hair textures, hair profile collection x24, Bluemoon/Sandra Dorsett face cyberware mashup, Arasaka neck cyberware conversion and custom materials, modular belts plus some funky material stuff like glass clothing. I mainly do 2D and material stuff with a little 3D.

The cyberpunk mod community has frankly ridiculous tool developers and I don't see much benefit in creating another tool or modding resource that substantially overlaps with the ones we already have.

I use general modding tools and workflow for the most part - hex and noesis import/export plugin from alphaZomega and a big part of why I was able to get into this is the method existed long before Cyberpunk, will exist long after it and is general purpose in nature. If you have a toolkit specifically for Cyberpunk, a lot of the general know-how is abstracted away from the user and the skills you learn are not as transferable.

When Scissors says "remove the cap on vendor items or tell me where it is" thats the kind of information I would want them to have. Scissors is perfectly capable of coding his way out of any problem as long as he understands whats happening in a CDPR created blackbox.

Last edited:
Before I start with tips and suggestions, here are a few works of mine to show that I know what I'm talking about. :) Actually, I'm a Cryengine Lighting Artist, but the Global Illumination System of the Red Engine is comparable to the Global Illumination System of the Cryengine. It looks beautiful.

For example, I made the Color Grading Packs for Cyberpunk 2077, and various other Color Grading Mods. I love to play with the visual style.
Color Grading Pack v1
Color Grading Pack v2
The Matrix

My cryengine works.
All Cryengine images are created with Global Illumination and Quixel Megascans. Both together are unbeatable.
189126598_316065936674321_8506661006422084749_n.jpg

150526440_248234983457417_7650391950235718802_n.jpg

171284211_284433169837598_5362837873377504612_n.jpg

1.jpg

131324269_321471082800473_4791388360216445643_n.jpg

142489615_236119408002308_13857508155598362_n.jpg

131572240_318054733142108_6566689999361539023_n.jpg

222653675_343917080555873_8261598039684087478_n.jpg

182714448_295457742068474_2850481203717120900_n.jpg

The tail comparison is over, now to my tips and suggestions. :)

1) Full control over the Global Illumination System.

2) Full control over the HDR tone mapper

3) Full control over the lens flare system

4) Full control over the Volumetric Cloud System.

5) Full control over the TOD (Time of Day) system.
Fog (fog color, radial size, ramp start and end etc.), wind force, rain, sun and moon (longitude altitude).

6) Full control over the Depth of Field System (Bokeh Strength, FocusDist, FocusRange, Blur Strength and so on). When it is possible with auto focus activation and settings.

7) LUT Editor, or LUT Import
neutral-lut.png

8) Full control over the audio system

Tips and suggestions (only if it is possible)

1) fbx and obj Mesh import and automatic conversion into the Red Engine Mesh Format + Material Editor.

1b) Mesh and material processing of existing models, all changed settings are saved in a separate file.

2) A flow graph system, similar to the Cryengine flow graph system. That would cut a lot of work and give you more options.
ImageFX.jpg

3) Script editing and creation, for example to create your own missions. Or motion sequences.

If I can think of more, I'll expand this post. :D(Sorry for my English)

I don't upload anything to nexus. All in #discord-exclusives of the Cyberpunk 2077 Modding discord. Search "from:island_dancer".

Faith hair 4k textures, 4k short hair textures, hair profile collection x24, Bluemoon/Sandra Dorsett face cyberware mashup, Arasaka neck cyberware conversion and custom materials, modular belts plus some funky material stuff like glass clothing. I mainly do 2D and material stuff with a little 3D.

The cyberpunk mod community has frankly ridiculous tool developers and I don't see much benefit in creating another tool or modding resource that substantially overlaps with the ones we already have.

I use general modding tools and workflow for the most part - hex and noesis import/export plugin from alphaZomega and a big part of why I was able to get into this is the method existed long before Cyberpunk, will exist long after it and is general purpose in nature. If you have a toolkit specifically for Cyberpunk, a lot of the general know-how is abstracted away from the user and the skills you learn are not as transferable.

When Scissors says "remove the cap on vendor items or tell me where it is" thats the kind of information I would want them to have. Scissors is perfectly capable of coding his way out of any problem as long as he understands whats happening in a CDPR created blackbox.
Looking at your work I feel like a simple animator or public relations among a group of high-level designers.

Have you shown your work to CDPR? They know about the improvements you are making in the design of Cyberpunk 2077?

I want to think that someone from CDPR should be (or maybe already is) part of that community: #discord-exclusives of the Cyberpunk 2077 Modding discord

I am totally impressed with your work. Your hair or feminine V designs are very good, I fall in love.

yixQ5fV.jpeg

LaUBGu6.png

jOYaq1g.jpeg

I want to think that when @Vattier tells us to share our comments, he also refers to jobs like yours, without a doubt you have a proven talent. @Hayte You introduce beauty and high quality to this IP.

The new tools that are in development must meet many of the demands of modders, otherwise the work that Yigsoft is doing does not make any sense. The right thing is surely being done.

Thank you for your vast explanation.

Though, I've yet to see a devteam offering up such a vast amount of dye options. In CP77 it's only 1, 2 or 3 models of the same clothes or vehicles, that share the same batch of up to 12 different appearances.

Because of that, I thought it was simply not capable to, simply a limitation of the game. Also because of the mirror needing to load in. Using the Appearance, and Companion mods, you can see your companions reflections everywhere in doors, windows, vehicles, puddles on the street even, but not V. But if you say you can already dye all your clothes, then I hope you guys will come up with a mod offering just that.

Know it is one of the most high demanded ones, and will undoubtedly put you on par with the JB 3rd Person mod.

Before I start with tips and suggestions, here are a few works of mine to show that I know what I'm talking about. :) Actually, I'm a Cryengine Lighting Artist, but the Global Illumination System of the Red Engine is comparable to the Global Illumination System of the Cryengine. It looks beautiful.

For example, I made the Color Grading Packs for Cyberpunk 2077, and various other Color Grading Mods. I love to play with the visual style.
Color Grading Pack v1
Color Grading Pack v2
The Matrix

My cryengine works.
All Cryengine images are created with Global Illumination and Quixel Megascans. Both together are unbeatable.
View attachment 11253265
View attachment 11253268
View attachment 11253271
View attachment 11253274
View attachment 11253277
View attachment 11253280
View attachment 11253283
View attachment 11253286
View attachment 11253289
The tail comparison is over, now to my tips and suggestions. :)

1) Full control over the Global Illumination System.

2) Full control over the HDR tone mapper

3) Full control over the lens flare system

4) Full control over the Volumetric Cloud System.

5) Full control over the TOD (Time of Day) system.
Fog (fog color, radial size, ramp start and end etc.), wind force, rain, sun and moon (longitude altitude).

6) Full control over the Depth of Field System (Bokeh Strength, FocusDist, FocusRange, Blur Strength and so on). When it is possible with auto focus activation and settings.

7) LUT Editor, or LUT Import
View attachment 11253310

8) Full control over the audio system

Tips and suggestions (only if it is possible)

1) fbx and obj Mesh import and automatic conversion into the Red Engine Mesh Format + Material Editor.

1b) Mesh and material processing of existing models, all changed settings are saved in a separate file.

2) A flow graph system, similar to the Cryengine flow graph system. That would cut a lot of work and give you more options.
View attachment 11253313

3) Script editing and creation, for example to create your own missions. Or motion sequences.

If I can think of more, I'll expand this post. :D(Sorry for my English)
Wow, that's incredible. Looks just like a copy of the real world. Can Nvidia's latest flagship graphics card utilize this in full?

Last edited:
I have only released 5 mods so far so its not like i have a big wishlist. Could say that more tools for complex stuff would be great but im pretty sure we will get there eventually.

However something that i think the game lacks is proper "documentation". Really wish we could have more universal templates and detailed tutorials along with FAQs or issues for a lot of important stuff. The constant updates of both tools and the game have made it quite difficulty for me as someone who hasnt been following the scene since day one.

I know we can add custom meshes and modify colors for existing stuff but whenever i try it I just cant find enough info on how to properly do it. And when looking at tutorials just to get told that "those are outdated" but there isnt and updated method its kinda... discouraging lol.

Dont mind asking for help but i really dont want to be a bother either just because i need someone there holding my hand telling me what to do step by step.

I doubt anyone knows me here, and that's fine. I don't much care for "virtual fame" of any kind. I just want to mod and play games. But I've created and released about 19 medium to high quality mods that have garnered around 1.2 million downloads over the past 10 years on the single site I've released them at. I was also the first modder to release a fully functional android race mod for Fallout 4. Which has ZERO support for custom races.

I've never modded any CDPR games. And before this, I never played any of them either. So I've never had the opportunity to use any of the community created tools for modding them. And I don't want to. I'm way beyond that point of patience in my modding life. Learning all new tools from a number of different authors to mod a single game isn't on my modder's "bucket list". So learning a single official toolset, designed to cohesively do whatever is needed to mod the game, as opposed to learning 5 different tools from 5 different third party sources, is more in my lane. And dare I say the better way to go, because it will open up the modding space for new modders to hone their skills without learning a bunch of different tools.

That said, it would seem that NONE of what the "ridiculous tool developers" you mention have made can do ANY of what I want to do. So as I see it, there's really little point in my learning them. Which is why I suggested something more in line with Bethesda's Creation Kits. One full-featured kit (or at least as full featured as it can be), that's intuitive and relatively easy for a completely novice modder to use.

Keep it simple. Pack in as much as possible. And watch the modding community grow even more. This game has that kind of potential.

Hello, well I don't even know where to start, so for now I'll just stay tuned and soon I'll give my opinion.
I just started making mods since Cyberpunk came out.

Thank you for your excellent work.

So learning a single official toolset, designed to cohesively do whatever is needed to mod the game, as opposed to learning 5 different tools from 5 different third party sources, is more in my lane.
I doubt this is even possible, given the amount of middleware used in this game. You can't edit a head mesh without running into JALI bones. You can't modify flora/fauna without slamming your face into speedtree. You can't replace car engine sounds without bashing into wwise.

I just don't see how its possible to secure dozens of non commercial, third party sub licenses from middleware providers when there is no incentive for them to ever do so.

This is not even getting into the fact that wolvenkit already exists and is a WIP attempt to unify lots of different tools into a single workflow in one application for one game, so already an official toolkit is substantially repeating what wolvenkit already attempts to do. And this is not getting into the fact that a lot of mods are not made with wolvenkit anyway because its new and its internal logic is highly specific to Cyberpunk and so it doesn't have a massive repository of general problems, solutions, methods and tutorials which hex/noesis has.

The reason I could even learn any of this at all, having no relevant skills at the outset is because there was already a giant army of people who did it this way before Cyberpunk was released. And they passed what they learned down to me. And I suppose its one of my responsibilities to pass down what I know to someone else.

There were times when people left to mod other games and it felt to me like there was a danger that if person x, y and z all left to mod RE Engine stuff, there would be no active member of the community who would be able to pass down knowledge to the next person about a specific problem they had a lot of expertise in and it would be lost.

It is appealing to think that a tool can be created that does everything and it can be supported in perpetuity and it will be so intuitive to use that it doesn't need an eye watering amount of documentation and that if you ask for help, there will always be someone who understands the problem and can guide you towards the solution via a workflow that exists entirely in one app.

This is magical thinking. I'm glad you mentioned creation kit because the reason games like Skyrim can be modded on the scale that it is, is largely because there is a giant army of people with very diverse skillsets and general knowledge about creation engine modding going back to the gamebryo days. And they are able to pass this knowledge on to people modding Fallout and presumably Starfield because its familiar concepts, similar workflow and the whole thing has documentation for it built up over a decade.

You can't do this in one shot for Cyberpunk.

Last edited:
Areas that need fixed but don't seem to be on CDPRs radar, so could do with modding support:

* Spawning and AI (esp. behaviour trees and pathfinding - just imagine traffic that can change lanes!)
* Leveling NPCs and gear

Restoring some of the axed mechanics would also be great, such as direct link hacking mechanic, or random fraction encounters + vehicle encounters.

I'm probably wishing for way too much though. (-_-)

Last edited:
Top Bottom