Are you more dedicated to your decks or your collection?

+
Are you more dedicated to your decks or your collection?

So last night I'm grinding through my first two tiers, playing ranked, and I have it in my mind that I want to craft Shani and Vernon Roche for a deck I'm toying with. I'm sitting on about 600 scraps when I hit Rank 8 and get 3 free kegs, with the keg I got from Tier 1.

So the third keg I open, has Shani as a 5th card option. BUT...it also has a PREMIUM Zoltan Animal Trainer as a 5th card option. Now, I don't have a deck or deck idea that requires a Zoltan Animal Trainer, but I'm staring down a Premium Legendary, that if I want later, I'm gonna have to spend 800 scraps and 400 meteorite powder to get.

So the question is, do you care more about the deck, or about the collection?

For the record, I took the Zoltan, crafted the Shani, and now have to grind out the Roche.

The question is how do you wanna enjoy Gwent. I use what I find. My queen's guard has no queen. My dwarf deck has no key silver. And I have no idea how I play my NR deck....I just put in everything I find. I don't care about the rank ladder and play for fun, testing new stuff. I goal is to collect all the cards in premium because they are just beautiful to watch.

Collection, if i see a premium card i get it regardless of other cards. It's much cheaper to just craft regular cards and i'll get those sooner or later. Premium cards though is harder to get which is why i always choose them in kegs.

I never mill\scrap cards either unless it goes into the auto mill function. I do want every card there is :)

definitively about my collection (premium AND normal), so if I have to choose, I take the premium I don't have yet (like zhiphius said, they are more expensive to craft, plus their drop rate is lower).

Both..

but right now it's about the faction.
I scrapped everything that wasn't monsters
including 20 or more animated cards
now my monsters deck is complete ..80% animated
50% neutral animated

once I top off both of those..the rest of the time will be collecting and building everything else

Decks by far. I'm the kind of player that likes to focus on a few archetypes and ignore others - and I know this might sound funny but the card/faction theme, artwork and voice line do affect what I like or dislike. For example I find that certain certain voice line for Hawker Support to be pretty unpleasant so I prefer not to play any deck that uses that card.

I know nobody is "nice" in the witcher universe but for example a priestess of freya is less creepy than a vicovaro medic.

I think I lean towards deck over collection generally. If there is a card that I really want for the deck I am playing and it pops up in a keg I'm going to take it. Right now that would be Nature's Gift. If I had to choose between regular Nature's Gift and a premium Crone, I would take the card I need. However, if there's not a card I'm actively looking for, I always go for the premium. The animations are so cool. So if it was animated Crone vs some ST regular silver (I play ST 95% of the time) I wasn't really actively planning to use ... I would take the Crone even though I have no intention to use it.

Collection. My plan is to have a playset of all the card, possibly a playset of premium ones. Hence i never pass at a chance to pull a premium i still miss out of a keg. Resources comes fast in this game anyway

Deck. I like ascetics in games, but only the basic ones. I rather enjoy the premiums of gwent, but not so much as to forego a recent goal

Deck, but not in the sense that I would look up an optimal deck on the internet, that is just boring.

No, ill look through the list of cards, looking at what could result in fun, cool and just possibly, effective combos. Ill base entire decks around a silly gimmick, like having all the dragon cards in a single deck even if it is not effective at all. And I will happily scrap everything to get to that new deck.

The only exception is that I rarely scrap a deck I have fully created just to make a new one. Once it is done, it stays in the collection, but everything else ill scrap for the next idea.

Right now I am working on a Monster deck focused around the simple concept of "Just how much shit can I steal from my opponent?" I got Renew already, now that it can ressurect enemy gold cards. Working on the Succubus and Caretaker. Gonna add a Katakan to that and just go from there.

Personally, collection.

It seems like a really bad choice but I try to craft my silvers as premiums.

My deck development suffers from that but I like their artwork.

I am collection driven and hopefully aim to collect everything which is why I will always go premium over anything else. But if one of the options is monster, I have to factor that in as that is my main deck.

I keep all premiums. I 'meteorited' my monster leader as I was looking forward to playing with a main monster deck but as it happens, xbox can't unlock Dagon with no timeframe for fix. So now my monster deck is all but dust except for premiums and the 2 leaders.... I'm also contemplating doing the same with my NR deck which was my fave in CB.

ChrisFromOz;n8754980 said:
I keep all premiums. I 'meteorited' my monster leader as I was looking forward to playing with a main monster deck but as it happens, xbox can't unlock Dagon with no timeframe for fix. So now my monster deck is all but dust except for premiums and the 2 leaders.... I'm also contemplating doing the same with my NR deck which was my fave in CB.

The XBox Dagon problem is completely unacceptable.

I ALWAYS take Premiums if I get the choice. Don't care if they're worthless now or not things may change and it becomes worth while later. So I guess I'm more aligned with my collection like you. It also helps I'm only a few cards away from a pretty versatile custom Monster deck I'm running and I don't quite now how best to fill the holes it currently has.

While premiums look great, they don't to anything different than a static card. If I'm choosing between a shiny premium and a standard card I'd actually need, I go for what I need. So, deck.

Top Bottom