Are you more dedicated to your decks or your collection?

+
I go for factions, Neutral>MO>NG>NR=ST=SK
I like to tinker decks so having wider options to some factions make me enjoy much more the game. I don't care mucj about premium unless it is a very cool animation as assassinate, nekker warrior or Ves. ;-)

I've been focusing on getting all the Skellige cards, then I guess I'll move on to a different faction.

Right now, building better decks is more important. But I try to hold on to valuable cards, too. I am sticking to my faction and the neutral cards, making sure I have three animated/non-animated playable ones.
I am milling every common card, and keeping only one of the rare ones (criteria: the collection card filter) from all the other factions. And of those, animated ones do not get milled (except by accident.)

I keep every gold and silver, naturally. They are hard to come by.

I was in CB since January. By the end of it I had collected 3 of every card in my faction, and of neutrals along with the majority of silvers and golds in these two groups. And I had already begun collecting others as well. So I figure I have plenty of time to complete the collection.

Personally, Ill take function over form any day. Whats the point of a nice, premium gold card in your collection if its not being used/was picked instead of a card you could use? If you think you can make a deck/improve a deck with its that's one thing, but denying yourself the deck you want to build for something pretty is not optimal if you ask me.

DRK3

Forum veteran
For people that cant think long term, they usually pick up the card they want most at that moment.

But if i have a premium choice, and the others arent. For example, i had a choice between 3 epics, one was premium scorch, the others were non premium epics i didnt have.

I obviously already had scorch, since its default, but still chose it, because its more likely i'll get the other 2 lately than i'll ever get another chance at a premium scorch, although gameplay wise it didnt help me at all.

Both, I have priorities (SK > MO > NG > ST > NR) but if I get to choose between Bronze or Silvers I'll always go with the Premium if there is one.

DRK3;n8761960 said:
For people that cant think long term, they usually pick up the card they want most at that moment.

But if i have a premium choice, and the others arent. For example, i had a choice between 3 epics, one was premium scorch, the others were non premium epics i didnt have.

I obviously already had scorch, since its default, but still chose it, because its more likely i'll get the other 2 lately than i'll ever get another chance at a premium scorch, although gameplay wise it didnt help me at all.
What's the point when there is meteorite powder? You can always use 300 mp later down the road to upgrade scorch. It's always more efficient to pick something you don't have a playset of.

Form over function. I want to have all the cards to make decks. I see no point in picking a premium over a normal card I do not have. The few premiums I do have will eventually get milled. Just need the normal to replace each one first. :comeatmebro:

PropheticSol;n8763710 said:
Form over function. I want to have all the cards to make decks. I see no point in picking a premium over a normal card I do not have. The few premiums I do have will eventually get milled. Just need the normal to replace each one first. :comeatmebro:

Uh, why would you eventually mill your premiums? They won't help build your collection any faster.

Guest 4139610

I focus on my deck more than my collection. Also a side question: I have the chance to make 1 gold card or 4 silvers and I really cannot decide which option to go with what do you guys think?

TafferPatches;n8766030 said:
I focus on my deck more than my collection. Also a side question: I have the chance to make 1 gold card or 4 silvers and I really cannot decide which option to go with what do you guys think?

Depends on how many cards you already have, and how many you need for a deck. I always build to 800 with the intention of adding a gold. If I need a silver along the way, then I get it.

Imho silvers. You can always sub a gold and still have a decent deck, can't say the same about silver. Faction locks, CA spies, mages (mandatory right now), roach, etc... are all must have that will improve your deck a whole lot more than a single gold.

Guest 4139610

frbfree;n8766160 said:
Depends on how many cards you already have, and how many you need for a deck. I always build to 800 with the intention of adding a gold. If I need a silver along the way, then I get it.

DMaster2;n8766180 said:
Imho silvers. You can always sub a gold and still have a decent deck, can't say the same about silver. Faction locks, CA spies, mages (mandatory right now), roach, etc... are all must have that will improve your deck a whole lot more than a single gold.

Both good points hmm I really must think about this because it takes some time to gather enough materials for crafting since I dont buy kegs for real money n stuff.

DRK3

Forum veteran
DMaster2;n8763410 said:
What's the point when there is meteorite powder? You can always use 300 mp later down the road to upgrade scorch. It's always more efficient to pick something you don't have a playset of.

Yes, but i figured meteorite powder is way harder to obtain than scraps and ore, and i'll probably only spend it on upgrading legendaries. Besides, im in no rush to complete the collection, as it will probably be a long time till new cards come again.

frbfree;n8750320 said:
So the question is, do you care more about the deck, or about the collection?

My main deck at the moment is Skellige, so I try to collect cards for that. However, any premium card is always the first choice for me if I don't have it yet, since I'm going to use all factions at some point. And I really like these bling bling cards :)

Obviously deck. Why collect a crapton of cards you'll probably never use when you can make 1 competitive deck which will lead to better rank, higher win rate and better rewards.

It's only practical.

Generally, I go for the four silvers over one gold. But it can also be influenced by current collection and need.

Top Bottom