Are You Not Entertained?

+
Are You Not Entertained?

Witcher 3 gave me an experience I truly didn’t appreciate until I completed the main story the other day. Ever since Dragon Age 2 I’ve had a problem completing most RPG games due to the simple fact they got boring or just had no desire to finish them. Not once playing Witcher 3 did I ever get that “I’m getting bored” feeling and the last time I felt this way about a game was Mass Effect 2.

These past few weeks I’ve been on these forums griping about visual issues, console downgrade and so on but after actually putting time into this game it dawned on me I’m actually having fun again. You go so long without a good gaming experience you find yourself becoming jaded towards everything. Witcher 3 for me delivered on the most important gaming feature… fun.

Thank you to everyone that contributed to this great game!

I'm enjoying the game but I wish they hadn't dumbed it down so much. It seems like the game leads you by the hand now doing everything instead of letting you figure things out on your own like W2 did.

Attachments

• are-you-not-entertained-w-text-720x396.jpg
    are-you-not-entertained-w-text-720x396.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 98
I'm enjoying the game but I wish they hadn't dumbed it down so much. It seems like the game leads you by the hand now doing everything instead of letting you figure things out on your own like W2 did.

Half way through my Death march game I shut off the mini map. You should try it:)

This. In the Cabaret quest, I wanted to drop the game. That sidequest is really bad designed, you have to go from A to B, than turn back to go again in another place. And what is worse is that you can turn off your brain, because there are those shitty quest markers which lead you by the hand in everything.

I thought I'd stepped into the best RPG ever made for the first 15 levels. It was only once the outlevelling became a serious issue that the game left kind of a bad taste in my mouth. Even on Death March, the levelling is so quick that nothing is really a challenge since you keep outlevelling every quest you pick up within an hour or two. The main quests especially have this issue, because they give you such -massive- amounts of experience that they can hardly keep up with you even if you keep sidequests at a minimum. This was especially an issue in Kaer Morhen, which levelled me from 23-26 in just a couple of quests, effectively outlevelling a whole bunch of Velen contracts I'd saved for later.

It's still a good game, but it would be so close to perfect if they'd just balance the levelling and difficulty of it.

I thought I'd stepped into the best RPG ever made for the first 15 levels. It was only once the outlevelling became a serious issue that the game left kind of a bad taste in my mouth. Even on Death March, the levelling is so quick that nothing is really a challenge since you keep outlevelling every quest you pick up within an hour or two. The main quests especially have this issue, because they give you such -massive- amounts of experience that they can hardly keep up with you even if you keep sidequests at a minimum. This was especially an issue in Kaer Morhen, which levelled me from 23-26 in just a couple of quests, effectively outlevelling a whole bunch of Velen contracts I'd saved for later.

It's still a good game, but it would be so close to perfect if they'd just balance the levelling and difficulty of it.

Patches will keep rolling out so we can hope.

This game is very entertaining but my biggest complain is the balance issue, CDPR should come up with something fast I want to start anew or just continue exploring question marks area, but without rebalancing the enemies are laughable. I like it best when every monster or bandit I encounter on the road or wilderness can pose serious threat, it's so thrilling.

This game is one of the very few games where I thought about the game and was looking forward to playing it (continuing) when I wasn't playing.

This game is very entertaining but my biggest complain is the balance issue, CDPR should come up with something fast I want to start anew or just continue exploring question marks area, but without rebalancing the enemies are laughable. I like it best when every monster or bandit I encounter on the road or wilderness can pose serious threat, it's so thrilling.

Maybe they wanted you to feel powerful or something when you went back to certain areas or wanted to make sure some areas wouldn't be accessible to early? I know in Skyrim all the mobs would level with you which honestly got a little boring for me. Personally I like walking into areas thinking I'm going to wreck house to discover I'm reenacting that Monty Python scene "RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY!" :)

Bandits shouldn't pose a threat to Geralt, that's beyond idiocy.

Naked Dude With Stick[20] can kill Geralt[10] in a single hit, which is simple retarded, Naked Dude With Stick shouldn't exist past level 5. Now if you want something like bounty hunters or professional soldiers that have deserted, sure, but not bandits.

The level distribution is fucked beyond measure, I hope mods let us fix it.

Maybe they wanted you to feel powerful or something when you went back to certain areas or wanted to make sure some areas wouldn't be accessible to early? I know in Skyrim all the mobs would level with you which honestly got a little boring for me. Personally I like walking into areas thinking I'm going to wreck house to discover I'm reenacting that Monty Python scene "RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY!" :)

It's so out of touch with the franchise, though. Being a super-powerful, nigh-invulnerable god of war has never been what The Witcher is all about. Quite the opposite. It feels very disconnected both from the previous games and the books, the way they've done this.

Being outnumbered can and should be a threat to anyone. Geralt has superhuman reflexes and can endure a lot more than a normal person can, yes, but he is not a superhero. He's just a witcher.

Naked Dude With Stick[20] can kill Geralt[10] in a single hit, which is simple retarded, Naked Dude With Stick shouldn't exist past level 5. Now if you want something like bounty hunters or professional soldiers that have deserted, sure, but not bandits.

The level distribution is fucked beyond measure, I hope mods let us fix it.
I think you just changed me from an idiot to a Witcher PhD. Much obliged, Professor !

Being outnumbered can and should be a threat to anyone. Geralt has superhuman reflexes and can endure a lot more than a normal person can, yes, but he is not a superhero. He's just a witcher.

That's has nothing to do with what I said though.

I specifically said that Bandits shouldn't level past 5 because you end up with this situation.

1 on 1

Geralt versus dude in his underwear armed with a stick

Geralt dies in 2 hits, naked dude takes more than 50 hits to bring down.

I'm saying that this shouldn't ever happen, it didn't happen in the previous games, the difficulty there came from naked dudes ganging up on you, here a single one of them can kill you instantly simply because "he's a higher level" because the game was rushed and they didn't pay any thought to actually spreading out enemies naturally and in a way that fits the lore.

That's has nothing to do with what I said though.

I specifically said that Bandits shouldn't level past 5 because you end up with this situation.

1 on 1

Geralt versus dude in his underwear armed with a stick

Geralt dies in 2 hits, naked dude takes more than 50 hits to bring down.

I'm saying that this shouldn't ever happen, it didn't happen in the previous games, the difficulty there came from naked dudes ganging up on you, here a single one of them can kill you instantly simply because "he's a higher level" because the game was rushed and they didn't pay any thought to actually spreading out enemies naturally and in a way that fits the lore.

Ah, yeah, I agree with that - though I haven't come across any bandits above level 20, I don't think. I think 5 at first and then 10 or 12 for the majority of the game's bandits would be best. That way they can still pack a punch if you're reckless and they surround you.

I came across my 'Skyrim' moment at about hour 65. By that, I mean I found myself being frustrated at some enemies, hurrying to the next quest marker, etc etc. I even gave Geralt a thorough verbal lashing when he was doing whatever he wanted instead of what my button pushing required. It was right then I had that moment. Why am I doing that? Run to the next marker, do something, run back. Instead, I stopped, turned my camera into a random direction and voila! Look at the hill over there with the ruin on it! Let's go there instead. Yen can wait in her comfy room while I go puttering about up there!

With a large game, like Morrowind or Skyrim or W3 or whatever, I found it easy to get stuck in the quest rut. W3 actually makes it fun and interesting to go into the wilds, and just turn away from the relentless drive to complete; explore. Plus, some things are time sensitive, meaning a completely empty forest glade is not so empty at night, or during a weather change. Also, try that mystical lamp (which I won't spoil) for locating people after the fact.

Top Bottom