Are you ready for a new Challenge?

+

The battle is about to begin. On one side: proud forces of Northern Realms. On the other: powerful Nilfgaardian Empire. Who will emerge victorious? Choose your side!

Throughout a week of intense skirmishes, the most loyal supporters of both factions will be rewarded with these spoils of war:

In addition to the rewards listed above, we’ll be launching another Faction Keg Week. This time, all three cards in the “Choose 1 out of 3” part of the keg opening will belong to the winning faction, and there will be a guaranteed premium card from the losing faction in the initial choice of 4 cards. The event will last from Wednesday, June 27th, 12 PM (noon) CEST till Monday, July 2nd, 12 PM (noon) CEST, and will affect all players, regardless of whether they participated in the Faction Challenge or not.

Faction Challenge will end on Tuesday, June 26th, 12 PM (noon) CEST.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
  1. Go into the Faction Challenge tile located in the in-game News section.
  2. Choose one of the two warring factions you wish to support: Northern Realms or Nilfgaard.
  3. Play and win games with your faction across Casual, Ranked and Pro Ladder modes to unlock faction rewards.
—————————————————————————————————————————
  • Games won before committing to a specific faction will not count toward your challenge progress.
  • Your challenge progress is determined by wins against all factions: those participating (Northern Realms, Nilfgaard) and not participating (Scoia'tael, Monsters, Skellige) in the challenge.
  • Playing games via friend challenge or in the Arena will not count toward your challenge progress.
  • After reaching a milestone, you will immediately receive a corresponding reward.
  • Information about your completed milestones can be found in the in-game Notifications tab (Social Panel).

In the news section of playgwent.com this post is backdated to the 14th. Anyone know why?
Certain announcements are sometimes prepared ahead of time, scheduled for later posting. This can cause a discrepancy in the displayed date once they go live.

This is very appealing to me. I like both factions but main deck NR, in that case I think it will be most beneficial for me reward wise to go with NR.

Progression is key I guess because I'm a newer player still developing their collection.

Thanks for post!

Great to see another one of these, but one week duration with no advance notice is not good. Like many I'm not playing so much at the moment, and I almost missed this. And with a busy week of work and children at the weekend I'm going to struggle to get the thirty wins I want...
Would it hurt so much to make these ten days long, with a couple of days advance notice..?

The problem with these challenges is that they're too grindy, 50 vicories is a lot, if it was rounds then sure, that'd be fine. Also, this one in particular pairs the least played faction, NR, vs the most played faction, NG, as per the last meta report so it's already pretty hard for people that go for NR :cry:

50 wins is just an optional goal if you want to have more kegs. The rewards that matter you'll get with 30 wins. No one else will notice if you don't achieve more wins than that :)

As for the meta report - we'll see... the challenge might motivate more people to play NR. You'll probably face a lot of Alchemy and against stuff like that NR seems to have pretty decent win rates.

Challenge? Again? Now? I swear, everytime I want to take a break from Gwent, something really good pops out that forces me to play, it's almost like CDPR wants me to engage with the game :D

I like new reward system, it guarantees a Premium which previous one didn't. I would be nice for all of the winning 1 out of 3 be Premiums, maybe it is greedy but I think it is proper, this way losing faction gets better goodies.

Alternatively make one of the pick 3 always Premium and of winning factions maybe. No, maybe scratch that, everyone would always pick Premium no matter the cards in question. Make only Rare 1 of 3s all Premium, that way there is no inflation of golden animated swag and you can't really complain if you get standard Epic or Legendary instead of Premium Rare, WIN WIN.

Here's a suggestion for future challenges : Expand the victories achievement to 100, with a special card from your faction as reward. For the crazy commited players :)

Prizes based off win ratio above 20 matches played as select faction would be awesome. With the win counter still there.

10 wins x prize
20 wins y prize
30 wins z prize

50% WR x prize
55-59 % WR y prize
60-69% WR z prize
70% or above 1/2 chance at rare, 1/4 chance at silver, 1/4 chance at gold.

Something of that nature. That would be awesome in my opinion.

Last edited:
I can see that 70% win rate at 20 wins is very doable and perhaps overly rewarding. That being said for the final reward perhaps 30-40 wins to be eligible? However over all I think the suggestion is rather solid.

I'd like feedback, perhaps I should open a thread?

I'm confused is the faction challenge over? I don't see the counter anymore plus the ad is gone in news. I thought we still had a few days

This was... way, way closer than I thought, based on mine anecdotal experience.

Either Nordlings are much better players then the swarms of Imperial slave infantry I encountered in all of the three mods (don't judge me, I like to relax in Casual, play funny decks) or algorithmic deities of Gwent never deemed the silent NR majority worthy for me to put through meat grinder.

Anyway, great Challenge, the reward system is the best one yet (objectively, subjectively it's the first one when I got two Golden Premiums :D) , it was by far the most lore appropriate and majority the players I encountered both NG and NR brought inovative or less popular decks so it wasn't Machine vs Alchemy Challenge.

Hope everybody has as much fun as I did.

Can't wait for another one and I hope they will improve the concept further.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Top Bottom